Chapter Two

terra

         With the click of a lock and a twist of a knob, Luhan was one step closer. He was one step closer to his friend. He was one step closer to true and pure happiness, to closure. Luhan gently pulled the painted white door open. A small burst of warm air enveloped his body and his shoulders started to droop. He took a large step into his small apartment. His roommate, a kind Chinese boy who he met while in college, peered around the corner.

            “Hey Lu,” He greeted in English. The boy gave a lazy smile and a short wave. His hair was black, a few pieces covering his right eye.

 

            “’Sup Jackson,” Luhan said, his accent more prominent than Jackson’s. The closer he looked the more Luhan noticed the droplets of water on Jackson’s tanned skin and his swollen lips. “We have a guest?”

 

            Jackson gave a guilty smile, “My boyfriend Jinyoung. He’s visiting his younger brother who goes to NYU.” Luhan nodded while shutting the door behind him and pocketing the small silver key. Another boy appeared from behind Jackson. He too had black hair but his was shiny and dripping with water.

 

            “Hello!” Luhan bowed. Jinyoung gave a bright smile and returned the greeting. His hand gripped Jackson’s and he rested his head on the shorter man’s shoulder.

 

            “Hello, I am Park Jinyoung. What is your name?” Jinyoung asked. Luhan almost cooed at the soft smile Jinyoung gave him but refrained himself.  You’re so gay Lu Han, he scolded himself.

 

            “I am Xiao Luhan. Jackson-ah is my roommate.” It was odd for Luhan to speak the mother tongue of his friends but he wished to make Jinyoung as comfortable as possible.

 

            “Lu-ge,” Jackson hissed in his mother tongue.  He jerked his head towards his room (if you could even call it a room) before glancing at Jinyoung. Luhan simply smiled innocently at the youngest.

 

            “Jia Er,” Luhan teased in the same tone.  He placed his hands on his hips and leaned forward. “Don’t worry Jacks. I just need to look something up and then I’ll be out of your way.”

 

            “Thank you Lu-ge,” Jackson replied. Luhan simply shook his head as his roommate dragged the taller into the small room, remembering to shut the door behind them. Luhan stared at the tight apartment with its bland walls and minimal decoration. He scrunched up his nose and shuddered. Luhan quickly ran over to his laptop that lay atop their kitchen table. He opened the slim gray computer, his fingers automatically going to the mouse pad. The small black arrow was placed on a application called “Google Chrome”, causing Luhan to briskly click. His fingers moved fluently on the keyboard.

 

 

            Jongin Kim

      South Korean singer

 

                        Kim Jong-in is a South Korean singer, model, dancer, and actor. He debuted with a group but became a soloist after the group disbanded. Wikipedia    

 

Born: January 14, 1994 (age 23), Seoul, South Korea

 

Height: 6’0”

 

Full Name: Kim Jong-in

 

 

 Kai’s six foot? Was all Luhan could think. To know the too-skinny, short boy he once knew grew up to look like a god blew Luhan’s mind. Shy Kai? A soloist? Luhan almost laughed had it not been for the fact that his friend is living his dream as a dancer.

 

 

            “Han-hyung!” A dangerously pale boy tugged on young Lu Han’s equally pale hand. Han looked over to him but before he could utter a word he was being dragged away. The two ended up in a dirt-like clearing that was barren of other life.

 

            “Watch! I can do a pirouette!” The younger’s voice was high-pitched and filled with enthusiasm. Han smiled and nodded, following the boy’s orders. The shorter took a deep breath before starting. The light from the sun was outlining his body, making him look like an angel.

 

            “Be careful Kai! Don’t hurt yourself,” Han fretted. Kai gave him a bright smile and nodded. He prepared himself again. His right arm stretched in front of him, his left sticking out to the side. His right foot was placed behind him and was pointed right while his left foot was in front of him and pointing to the left. In one swift motion he put his arms out in front of him and he lifted his right foot so it was touching his left thigh. Kai was on his tippy-toes on his left foot as he spun a full 360 degrees. His right foot dropped to the floor before it was lifted again.

 

            Han had enveloped his friend in a large hug and lifted him off the floor, spinning both of them around. The two laughed together and the light seemed to shine brighter. A soft voice called for both of them and Han placed Kai back on the ground.

 

            “Race ya’ there?” Han smiled teasingly at his junior before turning and running east. Kai let out a shout before he broke out into a sprint.

 

            The pleasant memory drifted away like a leaf in the wind. Except it wasn’t the wind that carried it away. No, it was the loud grunts and moans that sounded in Jackson’s room. Luhan shut his laptop in a rush, throwing his coat back on and swiping his wallet and phone. He ran to the door, throwing it open and closing it behind him. Luhan gave a soft sigh as he ended up back in the lobby he just came from. Degenerately, Luhan walked out the glass door and took a sharp right. As he ventured down Broadway Luhan thought of his old friends and where they were now. 

 

 

 

 

 

           

            Flashing lights and loud shouts of his name, Jongin Kim had it all. He had the fame and the money; the fans and the talent. So why exactly was Jongin Kim so reserved and sad? Was it that he was unhappy with his fame? Did he not like the crowds? The journalists? Was it that he didn’t get enough love and support?

 

            Or could it be the fact that no one knew anything about his family? No one, not even his biggest fans, knew who Jongin Kim’s parents were. The man never spoke of his past. He never answered questions regarding what he liked to do as a teen or who he was friends with. He never mentioned if his parents were still alive or if he had any siblings.

 

            The truth was Jongin Kim missed his family. He missed the eleven boys that raised him. He missed his best friends who physically and emotionally supported him. He missed his partners in justice and crime. He especially missed the lanky Chinese boy who acted as his older brother. Lu Han who gave him piggyback rides and always made sure he ate. Lu Han who didn’t let him leave the house without his coat and shoes. Lu Han who always lifted him up.

 

            Jongin Kim wished he could rewind and start over again.