1/1

Sweet Lies

Disappointment and betrayal were two emotions that were running rampant in Kyungsoo's heart. He didn't want to know nor did he want to hear what sort of excuse Jongin would come up with to explain himself this time. He should have known better than to believe in a playboy like Kim Jongin aka Kai, one of the most beloved supermodels across Asia. Jongin's every move was always being documented by photographers, fashion journalists and enthusiasts alike. Everybody wanted to know who Kai was beneath the name and the glitz and glamour that came with his job. Unfortunately for Kyungsoo, the man behind the name was always all too willing to give a piece of himself to almost anyone who asked.

The most infuriating thing about this whole situation wasn't even that Jongin had cheated. Not really, because the real person Kyungsoo was most disappointed in, was himself. Disappointed in himself for not seeing the truth behind those sweet lies that Jongin uttered every time they made love or cuddled together on their sofa after a long day. Kyungsoo let his guard down, fully aware that believing in a devil in disguise would only and could only bring sadness and heartache in the end.

Working as a modeling agent in the fashion industry, Kyungsoo had heard the rumors flying around about the infamous Kai. At first, when Kyungsoo was offered the chance to be Kai's agent, the agent flat out refused and with good reason. He had known and unintentionally seen with his own two eyes the piece of work that was Kim Jongin. There were times when Kyungsoo's models had to share the same location for photo-shoots with Jongin and as result the agent had witnessed his fair share of Jongin's scapades in the dressing areas and bathrooms of said locations. Before Kyungsoo and Jongin could become acquainted, the agent had already gotten to know the most intimate sides of Jongin without even meaning to. There were numerous moments like this that, at some point, Kyungsoo started to take note that Jongin was never with the same person twice. However, there was always that one person who always seemed to come back for more and Jongin had no problem in giving.

His name was Oh Sehun. Another model that worked under the same agency as Jongin. Kyungsoo had seen Sehun hanging around Jongin quite a few times. So much so that Kyungsoo figured that both models were dating in secret and that Sehun had no idea of the crap that Jongin  was doing behind his back. That is, until Kyungsoo had overheard a conversation in which Sehun teased Jongin about how it didn't matter how many female reporters Jongin ed because Sehun knew he was the better and Jongin would always come back for more.

buddies. That's what they were.

Kyungsoo's body shakes with anger as he recalls that particular conversation. The agent had made sure to ask about Sehun the moment he had agreed to date the model. He asked Jongin if he was still seeing or would continue to see Sehun and what did Jongin reply? “Sehun was just a fling.” He said. “He doesn't mean anything to me.” He said. “I'm done meeting with him. I have you, now.” He said.

Lies. They were all lies.

Kyungsoo rubs at his temple with his left hand as he sits on the sofa in his and Jongin's apartment. An opened yellow manilla envelope addressed to him, with no return address and no sender's name, in the grip of his right hand. His eyes shoot daggers at the pictures on top of the coffee table in front of him. Pictures of Jongin and Sehun half and in bed together in each other's arms. Kyungsoo would have loved to wipe that content smile on Sehun's face in the pictures, but what would that have accomplished? Yeah, Sehun had made the shameless choice to sleep with Jongin knowing that Jongin was in a committed relationship, but that didn't really matter because the person in the actual relationship was Jongin. It was Jongin's responsibility to keep the promise he made about staying loyal and choosing Kyungsoo over anyone else. A responsibility that Jongin completely ignored.

To say that Kyungsoo was heartbroken was an understatement. He felt like the floor had given away beneath him and he was now rapidly descending into a seemingly never ending abyss of pain and betrayal and all because he let himself indulge in temptation.

The front door to the apartment opens and Kyungsoo stills. He wasn't ready for this. He didn't want to see his boyfriend, or soon to be ex-boyfriend, right now. He was broken and hurt and the last thing he wanted was to hear more lies.

“Hey, Babe. I'm home~”

Kyungsoo breathes in slowly and forces himself to keep his emotions in check. He doesn't want to be weak and break down in front of Jongin. He's already been humiliated enough as it is.

“Babe, did you hear me? I have good news!”

Jongin moves closer to where Kyungsoo is on the couch in their living room. He walks with a smile on his face because he has just gotten news that a world renown fashion company wants him to be the face of their brand. Jongin is ecstatic to tell his sweet boyfriend, but as he gets closer his eyes land on the small coffee table and the dozen pictures on full display in front of Kyungsoo. His eyes widen and his mouth falls open in shock.

“You lied to me.”

“Kyungsoo, what is this? I-”

“I don't want to hear it, Jongin! You lied to me! Everything that comes out of your mouth are just lies! I asked you if what you had with Sehun was over and you said it was, but here...these pictures...why...how...”

Kyungsoo's voice breaks and he finds that he is having a hard time keeping it together. He mentally berates himself because, , when did he let himself become so weak? Kyungsoo has had enough and he really did not want to argue with Jongin like this. Not when he felt so completely and utterly broken. He lets the yellow envelope fall from his hand as he rises from the couch and makes his way towards the bedroom. He takes a step forward, but is stopped by Jongin's hand wrapping around his wrist.

“Soo, stop. Please, listen to me. I can explain. This isn't what it looks like. I didn't sleep with him. I was telling the truth when I said that me and Sehun were over.”

“Don't lie to me, Jongin.”

“I am not lying! I have never lied to you. Kyungsoo, I love you. Please understand that. I only love you and no one else. I would never do anything to hurt you!”

Jongin makes a move to pull Kyungsoo into his arms, but the other yanks his wrist away before he could let Jongin have his way. Kyungsoo is about to walk away again but Jongin is quicker and he holds Kyungsoo by the shoulders and forces him to face him.

“Soo, look at me. Please, believe me. I love you too much for me to lose you like this. I changed because of you. I changed for you. Please, you have to believe me. No one else means anything to me. You're the only person I've ever truly cared about.”

Kyungsoo doesn't look up at Jongin nor does he want to because he knows that once he looks into those beautiful brown eyes, his resolve will crumble. He would be lying if he said he wasn't crazy in love with Jongin because he was. He loved Jongin to the point it hurt to be away from him sometimes. Kyungsoo had fallen deeply in love with Jongin past the point of no return and now it seemed he was suffering the consequences of loving a man who only ever left a trail of broken hearts wherever he walked.

“Baby, please. I'm begging you.”

Jongin cups Kyungsoo's face and tries to make the other look up at him. However, Kyungsoo pushes Jongin's hand away and picks up one of the dozen pictures scattered on the coffee table and shoves it into Jongin's chest.

“You, better than anyone, should know that a picture is worth a thousand words.”

Jongin glances at the picture of him half and asleep with Sehun's arm over him. This wasn't right. The last time he had seen Sehun was months ago at that after party in New York City that the agency had thrown after one of his modeling shows. Kyungsoo couldn't make it because he had another model to tend to for another show.

One drink. One drink is all Jongin had, but for some reason it felt like he had drank the whole bar and then everything had become hazy and blurred. He couldn't stand straight after that and all he could remember was Sehun offering to help him to his room and then...nothing.

“Kyungsoo, please-”

“Stop. Just stop. I don't want to do this right now. I just want to sleep and not think. I want to be alone.”

Jongin watches as his beloved boyfriend retreats into the bedroom and leaves him in their living room alone. He lets out a frustrated sigh and takes a seat where Kyungsoo was sitting. He glances at all the other pictures on the coffee table and buries his face in his hands. He wonders who would have the audacity to fake these pictures and make them end up in Kyungsoo's hands. He knew for a fact that he hadn't slept with Sehun. He would never do something like that to Kyungsoo.

Jongin's world feels like it's falling apart and he is about to lose his mind and patience when he spots the yellow envelope on the floor near his feet. He looks at the object with curiosity because the writing on the envelope seemed really familiar. He had seen this handwriting somewhere. Jongin reaches over to pick up the envelope to get a better look at the handwriting. He reads the words written on the front out loud.

“To Mr. Do Kyungsoo...”

He isn't sure how, but as he finishes uttering the last syllable, everything suddenly clicks. Of course, he knew this handwriting. He has seen it a hundred times. He would be stupid to forget something like this. There were and are so many autographs done with this same exact handwriting that Jongin is sure if he searched it up online right in that instant he would most definitely find what he was looking for.

“That in bastard!”

The yellow envelope crumples in Jongin's fist as he figures out exactly who is responsible for this. He jumps off of the couch with a start and grabs his car keys on his way out of the apartment. Jongin had decided a long time ago that he would not lose Kyungsoo because of his old ways. He had sworn to himself that he would leave that part of his life behind and start fresh with the love of his life. So, he would be damned if he would let some crazy lunatic ex- buddy ruin his relationship with Kyungsoo. Jongin's patience had run out and he was done putting up with that lunatic's jealous antics.

Sehun had to pay for what he had done and Jongin was going to make sure of it.