Baby Don't Cry

Baby I'll Protect You

Mark's POV 

I was snuggling under my cosy blanket when I felt wind blowing. softly. It smelled like strawberry. wait what. 

I slowly opened my eyes and was shocked to see a pair of pouted lips in front of my very face early in this morning. 

My first reaction was to scream.


End of Mark's POV


Nara's POV 


I screamed when Mark Oppa screamed. I was shocked at the sudden loud noise.

We both stared at each other and panted from screaming.


The door to his bed room cracked open. Taeyong went in with a pan in his right hand.

"What happened? is there a cockroach?" Taeyong asked. 

Mark Oppa and I looked at each other before chuckling. 

"No no, sorry for making you worried Taeyong Oppa. We were just shocked when we saw each other." I explained.

Taeyong nodded and sighed in relief before closing the doors and went downstairs. 

 

I felt arms s around my waist from behind and a chin plopped itself down on my shoulder. 

"Why did you scare me like that,". Mark Oppa said cutely as he rubbed his nose against my cheek.

I smiled and patted his arms. 

"I wanted to wake you up but you were too cute while sleeping, Oppa,". 

Mark chuckled and shook his head.

I pulled away from his backhug and pushed him to the door. 

"Why don't you go take a bath. I'll prepare your clothes here.". 

Mark nodded and pecked my cheek before going to the bathroom.


End of Nara's POV


Nara took a cute white shirt that has a little bear at the left top and took a pair of black pants to match it with the shirt. 

She placed the outfit on Mark's bed and decided to go to the kitchen.

" Taeyong Oppa, want any help?". Nara asked as she saw Taeyong preparing breakfast for the members. 

Taeyong hummed while thinking of something to make Nara do. 

"Here, go wash these berries for the pancake. Dry them afterwards alright?". 

Nara took the bowl of berries from his hand and nodded.

She went to the sink and started washing them thoroughly. 

Nara suddenly thought of something she knew she shouldn't. Her hands were washing the berries but her mind was not focused on her task. 

"Nara ah!"

Nara stared at the bowl of berries.

"Nara ah!"

She continued dipping her hands into the bowl filled with berries and water.

"Nara yah, Nara?". Taeyong softly called her name as he tapped her shoulder lightly. 

Nara blinked and looked up to the pink haired boy. 

"Are you alright? Mark has been calling your name since just now,".

Nara widened her eyes.

"Ah really? Sorry oppa, I'll go to him now." Nara quickly apologised and ran upstairs.


As soon as she reached his room, a shirtless back was facing her.

Nara widened her already wide eyes at the sight. 

Mark turned around and smiled. 

"Oh Nara Ah! Finally you're here! Are you sure you want me to wear this shirt?  Isn't it a bit childish?". 

Nara blinked, nodded and then shook her head. 

Mark tilted his head to the side, confused at her answer. 

He saw her pink cheeks. Mark smirked and glanced at his shirtless body before strutting his feet towards Nara. 

Nara gulped and quickly closed her eyes.

"Ye--yes! Go wear that quickly!". Nara shouted as she stretched her arm out, in attempt of stopping her boyfriend from coming any closer. 

Mark chuckled and shook his head.

He quickly took the shirt she chose for him and put it on. 

"Done!". 

Nara sighed and hugged his boyfriend as soon as she opened her eyes.

She burried her face into his chest and mumbled.
"I missed you, Oppa".

Mark smiled and hugged her back.

"I missed you too Sweetie,". Mark said as he carressed her mid length black hair. 

 

A knock on the door broke their hug.

"Breakfast is ready, lovebirds~". Jaehyun cooed. 

The couple rolled their eyes and went downstairs.

 

 


"So, Nara is here.  You guys are going on a date?". Taeil asked as he took a bite of his pancakes.

Mark grinned and nodded. He turned towards Nara who was playing with her food.

"Where do you want to go today, Sweetie?". Mark asked sweetly. 

Chenle squeled quietly at the side. Jisung only chuckled at his bestfriend's actions.

Nara hummed while thinking of what to say. or more like how to say.

"O--Oppa , can we just have a date in the dorm? Like old times?". Nara asked carefully.

Mark raised an eyebrow before asking. 
"Why? It's been made official now Sweetie. No need to worry anymore.".

Nara looked at her schoolmates before shaking her head. 

"I'm still not very comfortable with all the attention Oppa,". Nara replied as she faced her boyfriend.

"Yeah hyung, we missed playing with Nara,". Jaemin chirped in. 

Mark gave a small smile and nodded.

"Okay sure,". 

 

 

After breakfast, Nara helped the members on duty with the dishes. Though all she did was just bring the plates to the kitchen. The members chased her out of the kitchen asking her to have fun with Mark instead.

As soon as she went out of the kitchen, an arm pulled her to a corner. 

"Are you still going to keep this from Mark hyung?". Jaemin asked softly. 

Jaemin was Nara's bestfriend. Nara goes to school with Jaemin, Jeno and Donghyuk. 

Nara sighed and lifted her shoulders and dropped them right after.

"I don't know if that will do any good Jaemin ah. I'll tell him when the time is right,".

Jaemin nodded, respecting her decision.

"Alright, don't be sad and go have fun!". 

Nara smiled and nodded.

 


Mark waited for Nara at the couch.
Nara sat beside him and snuggled against his shoulder as her boyfriend played the movie they planned to watch. It was a Japanese movie called Heroine Disqualified. 

One scene made Nara think about the other day again. She shook her thoughts away and just enjoyed the movie. 

After the almost 2 hrs movie, the couple decided to order a whole chicken for lunch. 

Fried chicken was Nara's favourite but she didn't eat that much because she didn't have the appetite to eat due to all her thoughts that won't let her eat in peace.

Mark of course was worried but decided to keep quiet as he knows that Nara will tell him everything when she wanted to. 

After lunch, the couple decided to play some games on the playstation.

They called Jaemin and Jeno over to the living room to play together. 

The 4 of them played Nara's favourite game, Dead or Alive. She was handsdown the best player although it was a simple fighting game. The boys always get distracted by all the animations. 

However, it's been one and a half hour since they played the game. Nara had only won 1 out of the 10 games that they played. 

She facepalmed herself after every game. She also mumbled some words to herself as she shook her head continuosly. 

"Let's play another match!". Nara called out as she selected her player.

Jeno looked at her worriedly. 

"Are you sure? You don't look too good today, Nara ah."

Nara hummed and fixed her eyes on the screen.

"I'll battle her then," Mark said as he took the other controller. He selected his player.

After choosing the location, they started fighting.

"Come on Nara! You can do it! Fight your enemy! Go go go!!". Jaemin cheered for his bestfriend.

Nara knew Jaemin did not mean the game. He was talking about the real life. But she got some energy from his cheering and won the battle. 

"Assa!!". Nara cheered and hugged Jaemin.

Mark pouted and flicked Jaemin's forehead.

"Why didn't you cheer me on also? Biased, hmph!" Mark said angrily in a joking manner. 

Nara chuckled and let go of Jaemin.


"Ahhhh, that was a great stress reliever!". Nara moaned as she lied on the couch. 

Mark nodded and sat at the edge. 

Jaemin and Jeno excused themselves and went to their room to get more rest. 

Mark pulled Nara up gently. Nara looked at him confusingly.

Mark grabbed her wrist and pulled her to his bedroom. 

"Let's just cuddle. I'm a bit sleepy after all the playing.". Mark said with droopy eyes.

Nara chuckled and nodded. 


Nara hid her face in his chest as they laid down on his cold bed. Mark covered the both of them with a comforter to make sure they stay warm. 

The couple soon fell into a deep slumber. 

 

Nara slowly opened her eyes when she felt cold fingers on her forehead. 

"Oh, sorry I woke you up,". Mark got surprised. 

Nara shook her head signalling that it was okay. 

Nara drew circles on his chest while Mark played with her hair. 

Mark hummed making his chest vibrate. Nara looked up at him with her still sleepy eyes. 

"Can I ask you something , baby?". Mark asked softly.

Nara sighed and nodded slowly. She knew this was coming. 

"I know something has been disturbing you. Taeyong hyung told me about you spacing out earlier today. You played with your food during breakfast too. You didn't eat fried chicken as much as usual. You were obviously not focused when playing. Most important of all, you didn't want to go on a date outside although you were the one who wanted to go outside freely. Tell me Nara. What's wrong?". Mark said sternly but gently. 

Nara sat up slowly and sighed for the nth time. Mark sat up too and faced his girlfriend directly. 

"I've bee---been hurt Oppa, at school."

Mark widened his eyes and held her arms searching for any injuries.

Nara shook her head and took his hands into hers.

"Of course they'll not leave any visible scars Oppa. I'm hurt. Mentally. My schoolmates were alright when I was friends with Jaemin Jeno and Donghyuk because we met before they debuted in NCT. They began hating me after the news about us dating. Most of them always leave negative remarks when they saw me. Even when I'm with your members, they would greet them but glare me down.". 

Nara began sniffing. Mark looked at her worriedly and carressed her face.

Nara put her hand on top of his before continuing. 

"Of course I had friends aside from your members who stayed by my side. But recently, I just found out the real reason they stick to me. I was in a cubicle when I heard loud noises from the outside. I recognised the voice as my close, well, ex close friend's voice. I was about to open the cubicle door when they started their conversation. They said Juna would be better being your girlfriend because she was prettier, smarter, basically the perfect girl for a perfect boy like you. Juna laughed and said she only became my friend so that she could be closer with your members and you. She, she called me stupid for falling for her tricks. She called me ugly and that I didn't deserve being your girlfriend because you're a very talented young man while I'm just nothing."
 Nara's tears started flowing down her cheeks. 


Mark quickly hugged her and pulled her closer. He carressed her back and "shh"ed to calm her down. 


"It's all right baby, I'm here,". Mark whispered.


"I know I shouldn't care about what they say but I can't help it. I'm human too, I get hurt too when people call me bad names. I get hurt too when people stab me in the back. My mental strength is not strong enough to endure all this bull anymore. I just want to lock myself and never go out anymore. What's wrong with dating the boy I love? It is just concidental that he is an idol. I love him for who he is. not because he is an idol. I'm tired Oppa. Tired from all this bull. ". Nara said while tears flowed down continuosly. 


She got tired and fell asleep while crying.

Mark wiped his own tears that formed when his girlfriend told all the things he didn't know. 

Mark placed Nara on his bed properly and covered her with the comforter. He wiped her almost dry tears with his thumb and pecked her forehead before exiting his room. 

 

 


Nara opened her eyes slowly and sat up. Mark who was sitting on his desk sensed her movements and stood up quickly.

"Oh you're up." Mark said softly and sat beside Nara. Mark carressed her hair before carefully revealing his plan to Nara.


"I discussed with my members about what to do and we've decided on something. We thought taking legal action against those bullies is the best option.". Mark paused to see her reaction.

Nara only kept quiet, processing his words. 

"Taeyong hyung will discuss it further with manager hyung and will propose the company to issue this as soon as poss----".

Nara's reply cut his sentence off.

"No! You can't do that! Honestly Oppa, do you even know what you're doing?" 

Mark furrowed his brows.

"Of course I do. I'm helping you,".

"Is making others hating me more a help to you?". 

"Sweetie, even if others hate you, at least you won't be hurt anymore,". Mark tried persuading.


"no no, you don't understand, I will be hurt even more! They will continue hurting me and calling me weak and all.". Nara replied back angrily.

"Then what do you want to do? transfer schools?". Mark asked, trying to still be patient.

Nara frowned deeper. 

"Now you're not making sense! I would make more enemies by then!". 

Mark ruffled his hair, frustrasted. 

 "Nara look here. The company will only warn them okay. This is for your own good. and I wouldn't want my girlfriend to be hurt anymore.". Mark explained.


Nara shook her head, still stubborn.

"You still don't understand don't you? This is not about me only. It's about you too. If you do this, you'll ruin your group's reputation. You guys are just rising. I don't want to ruin that although I already ruined it the day we met at the cafe. The only way is...." Nara enlightened him with her opinion.

Mark kept quiet and waited for her to reveal her suggestion.

"We should break up,". Nara said monotonously.

Mark was still quiet. 

Nara went down from the bed and quickly went out of his room.

Mark covered his face as tears started rolling down his cheeks.

He knew he should run after Nara. He knew he should have asked her first before deciding. But he was also a soft marshmallow. This is too much for a young man like him. 

 


Nara started sobbing as soon as she went downstairs. She wiped her tears roughly. Her vision was still blurry but she could see the front door. As she was walking towards it,  strong arms grabbed hers and pulled her to the side.


"What did you do this time?" Her bestfriend's voice echoed in the empty living room.

Nara only replied him with her sobbings.
Jaemin pulled her into a hug and carressed her back.

"I told him that we should break up."

Jaemin sighed and pulled away from her. 

"Why?".

Nara looked up at him.

"To protect him. To protect you guys."

Jaemin sighed again and shook his head.

"People who hate on their idols just because they're dating are honestly not true fans. We are human too Nara ah. We have the rights to have a love life. Even if there are alot of haters, there are also our fans. Our true fans give us love and support us always. You don't have to worry Nara ah. You don't know how many fans actually ship you with Mark.". Jaemin explained. 

Nara kept quiet. She knew Mark was just trying to protect her too. She understood him too late. Steps were heard. The both of then ly to see Mark with a straight face, heading to the kitchen

"Oh you're still here.". Mark said monotonously. 

Mark and Nara stared at each other before  Mark broke away the eye contact and went to the kitchen. 

Jaemin nudged her arm and pointed towards Mark with his head. 

Nara bit her lips. She hesitated. When Mark exited the kitchen and headed towards his room, Nara opened but her voice didn't come out. 

"Mark Oppa, I'm sor----". The sound of the door being locked indicated that he didn't hear a word she said or he was just ignoring her.

Nara sighed. 

"I made him hurt. What kind of girlfriend am i! I should have supported him. What should I do?". 

Jaemin his lips thinking of something. 

"You should go back home and take a rest first. I'll figure out what we should do about this, don't worry.".

Nara nodded at his bestfriend's words and took her leave.

 


Nara texted Mark everyday but he would only leave it as read. 

Nara knew she hurt him a lot this time. Mark wasn't easily hurt but when he was hurt, he would be down for a long time. And she did it.

Nara was also in a bad mood after the day. She thought of some ways to make it up to him but she was afraid it will hurt him more. 

 

 

Nara was sleeping when she heard the doorbell rang a few times. She waited for someone to take the door but she remembered that she was alone at home. Her parents were away for a business trip out of town . 


She sighed and rubbed her eyes.

*Who the hell comes here early in the morning*. Nara thought as she looked at the clock which showed the numbers 7 and 30. 

Nara went out of her room , still in her pyjamas. She didn't care and just wanted the bell to stop ringing. 

 

"Sorry I disturbed your sleep but this is important.". The first words she heard as she opened the front door.

 

 

"We need your help, Nara ah. Mark hyung has been locking himself in his room after the day. He only comes out for toilet and food. He wouldn't talk to any of us. We need you to persuade him. We have a schedule later and if Mark is not coming out we'll have a big problem.". Jaemin explained.

Nara bit her lips as she listened to him. 


"But he ignored me too. It won't be any help.". Nara said.

Doyoung who was with Jaemin suddenly grabbed her arms and shook her lightly.


"please, we know you can help us,". Doyoung said with hopeful eyes. 


Nara sighed and bit her lips. She nodded slowly. 
"I--I'll try,". She stuttered.

Doyoung smiled and gave a hug.


"Now you'll get change first. We'll wait for you here,". Jaemin said as he sat on the sofa. 

Nara nodded and went to her room. 

 


Nara took a black sweater and paired it with black pants.

She took her phone and went out.

"Are you going to a funeral miss?". Jaemin joked.

Nara rolled her eyes. "Come on you want me to help or not,".

Jaemin chuckled and led her to their car. 

 

 

 

"hwaiting!". the NCT members cheered quietly as Nara climbed up the stairs to Mark's room. 

 

Nara gulped before knocking softly.

"Mark Oppa?". 

Silence.

She knocked again.

No response.

Nara sat down and leaned on the door.

"Look, I know you were just trying to protect me and I appreciate that really. But you also have to think about yourself, Oppa , and your members too. I'm sorry I hurt you and said that we should break up. I know I made a big mistake so I'm here to apologise. It's okay if you hate me or anything. You listening to my apology is enough. And if you don't want to see me anymore, at least remember your responsibility. You have work, Oppa. Don't let your fans wait for you. Don't make them worry about you. Please. 

 

i love you,"


Nara whispered the last part.


Silence. 


Nara sighed and went downstairs.

"I tried guys. He won't come out. Just call the manager or something. I'm done with this drama,". Nara said and left the dorm before anyone could say something.


Nara couldn't cry anymore. She was just not the type to drag something longer. If Mark is okay with her then that's fine if he is not, she would just take it as the consenquences of her mistake. 

 

 

 


Nara wore her pyjamas and put on some mosturiser before lying on her comfy bed. 


Suddenly, a loud knock was heard on the front door.

Nara sighed. Why must people come when she's in her pyjamas.

Just now it was early in the morning, now, it was late at night.

wait what.


Nara cursed under her breath. She was starting to feel scared. 

Who would be knocking on the door at 1am. 

Nara took her phone on her right hand and opened the keypad. She took a bat on her left hand and slowly approached the door as she revised some self defense steps that she learned for the past weeks, in case.


She unlocked the door slowly. Just as the door opened, a wet figure hugged Nara.

That scent. 

Nara dropped the bat and froze on her spot.

Sobbings were heard from the figure. Nara was still frozen. She was too shocked and overwhelmed that she didn't know what to do. 


When the figure pulled away to look at her, Nara took the chance and pushed him away.

"O--Op---Oppa!what are you doing here?!". Nara managed to breathe out.

Mark sniffed and closed his eyes as he took a deep breath and opened them back. 

He was wet from head to toe from the heavy rain outside. 

Nara quickly pulled him by his sleeve and closed the front door.

"You're crazy. It's freaking raining and you came without an umbrella? You'll get sick stupid! Can't you for once think about yourself? Take care of yourself?". Nara nagged as she set up the heater. 

Mark kept quiet as he listened to her words. He knew her words were not meant for only this situation. 

"Na----"

"Keep your mouth close and go in front of the heater. I'll prepare a warm bath for you,". Nara said and went to the bathroom.

Mark bit his lips and obeyed her. 

He sat in front of the heater and rubbed his hands together. Running in the rain was definitely not a great idea. 

A few minutes later, Nara came out and asked Mark to have a warm bath. 

Mark smiled but Nara kept on a straight face.

"I prepared some clothes for you. It was my brother's.". Nara said and went to the kitchen.

Mark nodded although she was not there anymore and quickly cleaned himself to avoid getting sick. 

 

 

 

The both of them were now sitting opposite of each other. 

Nara put a mug of hot tea in front of Mark earlier. Mark took a sip but it was too hot he almost burnt his tongue. 


Mark cleared his throat. Nara raised an eyebrow.


"Ho--how are you?". Mark asked.


"I'm fine. Thank you for asking,". 


"Look, I'm sorry I ignored you."


"It's okay, I'm kind of used to it,".


"Nara, Listen." Mark said sternly.


Nara sighed and kept silent.

 

"I know I was supposed to discuss with you first because this is your matter. But you have to know that all I wanted to do was to protect you. Protect our relationship. Not break it off like it was nothing in the first place. I was hurt of course. You said it as if it was as easy as abc but no. breaking up with someone you love dearly is not easy. Even if you don't love me all this while, I do and will never stop. Thank you for putting up with all my bull although you're actually already facing one. It was my mistake to ignore everything. I'm sorry.". 
Mark apologised.


Nara only nodded. She honestly didn't what to say. Well, she did her part all these days so it was his turn. 

Mark sighed and rubbed his face. 


"I messed up didn't I?" Mark asked softly.

Nara hummed and patted his hand.

"I think you messed up the moment we met. Sorry you had to date such an emotionless girl,". Nara said and she pursed her lips.

Mark gave a small smile and shook his head.


"What do you mean had? We're still aren't we?". Mark asked as he stood up and went in front of Nara. 

Nara lazily looked up to him. She shrugged her shoulders. 

Mark held her shoulders and pulled her up gently so that she was standing. 

"Nara ah, I love you okay. I'm sorry for causing all this drama. I'll promise to think of myself and take care of myself too. But you're always first. I don't see the need for us to break up because my true fans will always support me. Trust me. ". Mark confessed.


Nara gave a small smile.

"I, I'm sorry for being immature and stubborn too Oppa. I'll try to be more cooperative next time and grow up. You'll be 20 soon so I too have to up my thinking a bit too,". 

Mark chuckled at her words. He thought she was cute.

He pinched her cheeks as he scrunched his face. 

Nara groaned and held her now pink cheeks. 

Mark chuckled a little louder and cupped her cheeks over her cold hands.

He slowly leaned forward. Nara closed her eyes waiting for his lips.

But all she got was a flick on her forehead.

"ouch!". 

Mark broke into fits of laughter at her reaction.

 

"I'm not gonna kiss you! You'll get sick too!". Mark exclaimed.

Nara rolled her eyes and stood up.


"Wh--where are you going?" Mark asked.


Nara faced him with an annoyed face while replying.

"If you didn't know, it's freaking 2am right now and any normal human would want to sleep right now.".

Mark rubbed his nape and nodded.

He followed Nara into her bedroom. 


Nara lied down on her bed and covered herself with the blanket. 

Mark sat at the edge of her bed and leaned on the headrest.


"Sweetie, are you still mad?" Mark asked hesitantly.

Nara sighed and pulled Mark down so that he was lying beside her.

"Stop 'sweetie'ing me and just let me sleep please.".

Mark chuckled and lied down comfortably before switching off the lamp.

He pulled Nara closer to him as he snuggled into her blanket too.

Soon, loud snores were heard.

Mark tried to hold back his laughter. She was just too funny and cute to him. 


He closed his eyes and soon fell into a deep slumber, tired from his schedules earlier.

 

~ Earlier that day ~


Minutes after Nara left the dorm, Mark finally went out from his room. Not for food nor the toilet. He went out to talk to s.


He realised he was just being childish with everything. Just because his girlfriend didn't agree withhis suggestion, he sulked. 


Mark heard her apology. He felt bad of course. For ignoring her while she tried persuading him. May it be texts or words.

He knew he messed up this time. He knew Nara was not the type to let something hold her back for long. He knew she was tired of all the tug and war. He knew he had to be a man and confront Nara. 

As Mark was about to leave the dorm however, their manager arrived and asked them to get ready for their next schedule. Which is to guest in a radio show.

Mark felt guilty and wanted to send a text but he felt that Nara would think of him not taking it seriously. He still wanted to meet her face to face. 


So after the radio show, they had to go to a fansigning event. Mark tried smiling at his fans but got a bit sensitive when fans asked about Nara. Although they asked nice questions, they made his guilt grow bigger. 


After their schedule, their manager brought them to a restaurant for a hearty dinner. It had been a while since they had dinner together till late at night. Of course the minors had to head home first. 

Mark followed his dongsaengs home too. 
His head was full of plans. He was still thinking of ways to make it up to Nara. 

 

Mark sneaked out once the others were asleep. He ensured that his manager was gone, and that the older members weren't home yet. 

He tightened his hoodie before slowly locking the front door. 

Mark breathed in the fresh cold air as he started his walk to Nara's house.


The brown haired boy was walking calmly when the wind suddenly blew harshly, and he felt droplets of water fell on his face before the sky decided to drop all its tears onto the poor boy.

Mark cursed under his breath for not bringing an umbrella and decided to run towards her house which was a few metres away. 

He shivered as he reached in front of her house. He knocked on the door and checked his watch.

*, its 1am, she must be sleeping already* 

Mark kept on knocking and waited outside, blowing hands to keep himself warm. 

His heart beats faster when he heard the door being unlocked. 

The first thing he did when he saw his petite girlfriend was hugging her tightly. He heard a bat hit the floor amd was glad he was not beaten by her.

~End of flashback~


The sun rose, hitting Mark right into his face. Mark groaned and opened his eyes slowly. He squinted his eyes at the bright light. 

He felt cold hands on his stomach. He flinched at the coldness before chuckling. Nara was trying to get some warmth from him. Mark took her hands out from under his shirt and grabbed them in his which were bigger compared to hers. 

Nara mumbled something under her breath before opening her eyes to a handsome sight.

" Hmm, Oppa, your hands are so warm." Nara said before putting the back of her hand on his forehead.

"I think you're down with a slight fever,".

Mark hummed and closed his eyes before hugging his girlfriend. 

"Then I'll rest here with you," Mark's words muffled against her shoulder. 

Nara chuckled and nodded before closing her eyes too.

As they were about to go into a deep slumber once more, knockings were heard from the front door. 


Nara groaned. " Why the hell are people so inconsiderate!". She complained and stood up.

Mark laughed slightly at her annoyance and stood up beside her.

" I'll get the door alright?" Mark said softly and pecked her cheek before going to the front door.


The sight of a relieved leader was the first thing he saw when he opened the door.

"Thank God you're here! We were so worried!"
 Taeyong cried and hugged Mark.

" Sorry for worrying you hyung,". Mark apologised and patted his back. 

 

 

"So you both sorted things out?". Taeyong asked carefully. 

Nara hummed as she served him some tea.

"Yeah, your dongsaeng here finally manned up and confronted me though he was being stupid yesterday, running in the rain. What? You think this is a drama?" Nara teased as Mark glared at her.


"He is down with a slight fever Oppa, so make sure he takes his medicine before your schedule later,". Nara reminded Taeyong. 

 

Taeyong nodded and thanked her. He asked Mark to go back with him but Mark wanted to stay a bit longer with Nara. Since their schedule was later, Taeyong gave his permission and said that they will pick him up at noon. 

 

 

Nara was at the kitchen washing the dishes when she felt warm arms around her chest. 

She closed the running tap before turning around and faced her slightly taller boyfriend.

Mark smiled at her and stared into her eyes. Nara smiled back and hugged him.


" I missed you Oppa, "

" I missed you too baby. Promise me you won't ask for a break up again,".

Nara nodded against his chest and hugged him tighter. 


"Now, you have to get enough rest before your schedule later.". Nara whispered as she pushed Mark into the bedroom.

Mark sat on the bed and tapped on the space beside him.

Nara sat there before facing him. 

"We still need to discuss about the at your school,". 

Nara bursted out
laughing. 

Mark looked at her, confused.

"Didn't I just say you have to rest? We can talk about that later okay,". 

Mark pouted before going against her.

"But this is impor----". His words were cut when Nara pecked his lips.

Mark froze at her actions. He smiled shyly and opened his mouth again.

" I don't want my girlfr---". 

Peck.

He touched his lips and looked at her shyly.

"To get hur---"

Peck.

Mark chuckled as his cheeks turned red. 

Nara rolled her eyes before cupping his face and gave his a sweet short kiss.


"Go sleep. I'll make you some soup to make you feel better,". 

"You being here with me is already making me better, baby." Mark said and winked.

Nara chuckled at his attempt to flirt. She flicked his forehead and went out of the bedroom.

Mark squeled like a teenage girl and touched his lips.


*wait, why the heck am i acting like the girl in this relationship* He thought as he facepalmed himself. 

 

 

"Don't overwork yourself okay? I'll come visit you when I'm free,". Nara said as she sent Mark at the door. 

Mark smiled and nodded. He leaned in and kissed her forehead before waving her goodbye. 

Nara smiled and watched until the car was not in sight. 

 


Nara was finishing up her assignment when she got a text.


' Sweetie, don't forget to tune in to NCT night night later, okay? I'll be the guest tonight ^-^ '
- Mark Oppa♡ -


Nara chuckled at the text.


'Of course! I rarely skipped NCT night night, especially when you're the guest <3 '


She continued doing her homework when her phone rang. 

Nara furrowed her eyebrows as she saw who called.

"Hmm Oppa? you just texted me.". Nara started.


"Yeah, I was just thinking, should I hmm you know, talk about us later?".

Nara kept silent, thinking.

"Sweetie?".


"Is your company ok with it ?"

Mark chuckled.

"I discussed and they said as long as there is no trouble."

Nara bit her lips.

"Say it gently okay, don't hurt your fans. And please, I hope all your members are okay woth it too,"

Mark hummed and smiled at the phone.


"You're an angel , you know that?". 

Nara rolled her eyes at his cheesiness. 

"Okay then, I'll be on the radio in a few, bye for  now!".

 

 

 

It was finally 11pm. 


Nara's heart thumped so fast as she listened to the advertisements being played before the 2 DJs introduced their guest.

 

"So Mark, we heard you had something to say to your fans?". Johnny asked.

Mark smiled and nodded.

Nara's heart skipped a beat.

She was nervous. 


"As you guys already know, I have a girlfriend now. I would like to thank all of you for understanding and for supporting us. To be honest, it is hard dating in this time because I am still a rookie. But I hope all of you understand that I am just a young man, a human who is experiencing a lot of things. Also, I would like to ask you guys to not hurt Nara, my beloved girlfriend. I apologise because I hurt some of you. I am trying to say this as politely as possible. Please, please don't hurt Nara anymore. If she is hurt, I am hurt too. She asked me to say this softly to not hurt my fans. Nice isn't she? I hope you guys will support us till the end. Thank you.". 

 

Nara breathed out a relief sigh at her boyfriend's long speech.

 


"You did great Oppa,". Nara mumbled to herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


It was Monday morning. 

Nara got ready and was having her breakfast when there was a knock at her door.


"Surprise!". 

Nara chuckled at the sight of her cute boyfriend.

"What are you doing here?". Nara asked.


"Well, I decided to walk you to school today!".


Nara choked on her saliva.

"Wh--what?! Are you crazy?" Nara exclaimed.

Mark only smiled and nodded.


"Crazy for you~"

Nara bit her lips and rubbed her neck.

 

 

 

 

Some fans apologised to Nara. Some still glared at her. Some were just doing okay like before. Some comforted her by saying that they really shipped her with Mark. 


Nara was of course thankful for what Mark did yesterday. It was simple after all dealing with high school fans. Or so she thought.


All she needed to know was that whatever happens, she will stay by Mark's side and try to be strong for him. 

 

 

 


"Oppa?" Nara called.


Mark hummed, his eyes glued to his phone.


"My parents are coming back tomorrow. Want to accompany me to the airport?".

Mark put his phone down as shifted his eyes to his girlfriend. 


"Well, looks like the ugly son-in-law has to meet his parents-in-law, right?".

Nara chuckled.


"Hmm you are a bit ugly,".


Mark pouted and pulled her into a hug. He pinched her cheeks gently and cupped her face.


"What? what did you say? Who's ugly?". Mark teased .


Nara screamed a little and hugged him back.


"It's been almost 2 years since we've dated each other Oppa. You're 21 now, all adult. I'm sorry if I've been an immature girlfriend. I'll try to be more mature okay?".


"Hey, what's with the sudden emotional speech?". Mark asked, worried as he looked at his girlfriend who was just cheerful earlier. 


Nara smiled and 
buried her face into his warm chest.

"Nothing, I suddenly thought of it."

Mark carressed her now long black hair. 

"If you have anything, you can tell me, okay?".

Nara nodded and tightened her hug. 

Mark kissed the top of her head and craddled her in his arms.

                Don’t hesitate another minute

                 please take away my heart

                 Yes, the sharper the better, 
  
             the night that even the moon 

                      has closed her eyes

                    If it were any other man, 

                   if it were a single verse 

                     taken from a comedy

                          Burn all the scars 

              you’ve exchanged for that love

                      Baby don’t cry tonight

                after the darkness passes

                      Baby don’t cry tonight

            it’ll become as if it never happened

                        You’re not the one

                   to disappear into foam,

         something you never should’ve known

                       So Baby don’t cry cry 

                     my love will protect you

                     { EXO - Baby Don't Cry }

 

Mark's soothing voice brought Nara into dreamland.


"Don't worry baby, I will always protect you,".

Mark whispered and kissed her lips before drifting into a deep slumber . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Bambabambam! I hope you guys enjoyed the roller coaster ride! 


Don't forget to comment, vote and subscribe! 

Aing~~