Fidgety

The Note

Doyeon sat in the lunch area by herself with a small note in her hand.

“Come on you can do it. You’re Kim Doyeon. Why would she reject you.” Doyeon muttered under her breath.

“If you don’t do it then Yoojung is going to call you an idiot and yell it in front of the school” Doyeon continued her little pep talk to herself.

Ignoring all of the stares, Doyeon got up and made her way all the way to the other side of the cafeteria where Yu Yeonjung sat with Kim Sohye and Kang Mina.

The three looked up at her as she nervously fidgeted with the note in hand.

“Ummm...hi Do-“ Doyeon quickly interrupted Yeonjung and put the note in her hand before sprinting out of the cafeteria leaving the three girls very confused.

“I wonder what that was. I mean it’s not everyday that you have the most popular girl in school at your table” Sohye commented

“I know and especially not in that state. She was so fidgety and nervous. I’ve never seen her like that.” Mina added

“Well, I’m pretty surprised she knows that we exist in general. We aren’t exactly popular ourselves and the funny thing is that she was alone too.” Yeonjung finally added before remembering that Doyeon left the note in her hand.

She gestured the other two girls to come and look at the note that was left in her hands and then slowly opened it.

Hey Yeonjung,
I think you’re really pretty and have an angelic voice.
You should call or text me sometime cause I really like you.
***-***-****
Sincerely,
Kim Doyeon

A small blushed crept up to Yeonjung’s cheeks as Min and Sohye squealed next to her.

“Ooh it looks like someone was noticed by Doyeon and managed to steal her heart too.”

“Yeonjungie has finally got herself a girlfriend” They both through the rest of lunch but the smile never left Yeonjung’s face.

Meanwhile outside of the cafeteria.

Doyeon continued to sprint until she made it to where her friends were waiting.

“So how did it go you giant love sick puppy.” Yoojung quipped

“I...uh...gave her...the note-“ Doyeon managed to breathe out before being interrupted by a very recognizable laugh.

“Hahah...You giant dork. You gave her the note and sprinted out of the cafeteria. That was after you spent like 3 minutes fidgeting in your spot. It looked like you were about to pee your pants.” Sejeong said while hysterically laughing at the panting girl.
“I even got a video of it.” Sejeong pulled out her phone to show their friend group.
Soon enough everyone was laughing at Doyeon. While she had her hands on her face in embarrassment.

“The great and mighty Doyeon, powerless in the presence of Yu Yeonjung” Yoojung says as she continues laughing at her best friend

Jieqiong put her arm around Doyeon’s shoulder.
“Come on at least you did it, right? I mean I followed Nayoung around for like three days thinking I was stealthy and then she turned around and confronted me.”

Nayoung chuckled at her girlfriend’s embarrassing story. “Yeah, I’m not sure how long Jieqiong would have followed me around if I hadn’t turned around on the third day.”
Jieqiong pouted at Nayoung and lightly punched her shoulder.

Doyeon chuckled at her friends’ exchange and they all continued chatting and laughing at each other until lunch ended.

Throughout class Doyeon couldn’t help but feel anxious. She just wanted to know if Yeonjung felt the same way she did.

When the day ended Doyeon made her way to her shared apartment with Yoojung and Sejeong. The two continued to on the way home.

When they got home Doyeon went straight into her room and played her phone until a notification popped up.

Hey Doyeon,
I think you’re really pretty too and you’re an amazing cheerleader.
I’d love to talk to you more because I like you as well.

Doyeon screamed into her pillow and started dancing around before replying.

Alright cool. Do you want to meet at the ioi cafe on Saturday at 2:00

Sure. I can’t wait.

Doyeon smiles and felt the start of something new.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm very aware that this is trash but I dislike the lack of stories about my otp.