Chapter 02: Quicksand

Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Darling, you make it too hard to trust
You keep running from me
I'm scared of love
Make it easy for me" — Quicksand, SZA

 

—••—

 

"Be my partner." Mino said.

Seulgi was not feeling sure whether he asked her or he stated it, her eyes latched onto him. Mino was obviously feeling shy and Seulgi knew that.

"I already have a partner."

Mino chuckled, "Oh please. Do you think I know nothing about that?"

"About what?"

"You don't have any partner yet."

Seulgi looked done with him, she wasn't the type of person who liked to conversize. But, Mino was the type of person who liked to conversize a lot, Mino was very sociable, it was easy to talk with him and that was what he tried to do with Seulgi, in which Seulgi found it troublesome.

Mino walked in circle, his eyes were still avoiding Seulgi's, he was scared if he looked at her she would get notice that he would freeze because Seulgi would always be that charming.

"Fine, how could you know I haven't had a partner?" Finally, Seulgi gave in.

"That's because I'm the one who is in charge of making a group list." Mino winked, trying to look cool but failed miserably cause all that he got was only Seulgi looked very annoyed. "Okay, I'm sorry," Mino said, feeling embarrassed with that unnecessary wink. "But I really want you to be my partner."

"Why me?" Seulgi asked, this time she was seriously asking. A curiosity filled her thoughts.

Normally, Seulgi would be leaving anyone who tried to get closer to her but there was a strange thing that made her stay to keep talking with him, or, just listened to him.

Because when he smiled, it gave her something that made her feel warm inside. Something that she had been missing for so long.

Slowly, Mino lifted his face and looked at her. He smiled, a smile that made her feel warm.

"I just want to do it with you."

Seulgi chuckled, arms on her waist. "Are you trying to hit on me?"

Mino panicked. He didn't mean to hit on her, not in a million way, all that he wanted to do was to be friendly with her.

"Hey, I just want to be friendly with you!" He sounded rough, but Seulgi just ignored him instead she took his camera from him.

"I know." Seulgi said as she looked focused to every picture Mino had taken, they were beautiful. She didn't know that he would also this talented in photography. "I'll be your partner."

"Really?!" He almost jumped in excitement, but he tried to hide it.

"You don't want it? If you don't want it, that's fine with me."

Mino leaned in, he bent down to see Seulgi in the eyes, "You can't take back your words." He shook his head like a kid protested to his parent. "That's a no, no."

He's seriously too cute.

"Fine." Seulgi once again pretended to feel annoyed and Mino once again was too easy to fall on it. "Your photos are breathaking."

"Did you just praised yourself because your photo looks good?" Mino teased, in which Seulgi responded with a glare.

"I mean the other photos!"

"I know." He replied, they were standing side by side while looking to the camera. "But, you are seriously breathaking."

What did I say?

Yes, it was a big mistake Mino had ever said. He didn't mean it to say it out loud and Seulgi was obviously heard it very clearly.

She moved to face Mino, her face was full of victory, those damn smirk on her face was something that terrified Mino. Here she was, the wicked witch.

In the other hand, Mino couldn't stop to curse himself internally. How could he let out such unnecessary lines came from his mouth. He wasn't sure about that, but seeing her smile, it might be because he had been casted under her spells.

Seulgi touched Mino's cheek and that was the time where Mino felt a jolt of lightning came to struck at him.

"I know that. Thank you darling."

Wicked. Witch.

God damn Kang Seulgi.

Mino tried to stay normal as possible. He couldn't be fall under her games. If he lose it, he would never be able to see the world within Kang Seulgi, the world that he wanted to see since the first day they had met.

Seulgi was probably not really aware, but Mino was completely aware of that. Seulgi was living with a facade on her face.

Mino cleared his throat, as always, he tried not to look so obvious that he was shy. A faint of pink shades appeared on both of his cheeks which made Seulgi feel amazed. She never found a guy as pure and as clear as Mino.

Mino released Seulgi's hand from his cheek. His eyes faced the ground. He hated this kind of situation where he felt awkward of himself, but Seulgi enjoyed how she could make him feel that way cause he looked way cuter than ever.

"Give me your phone." Mino initiated to speak. Eyes still faced to the ground.

"No."

"Fine," Finally, he faced her. "This will do." Mino's lips pursed as he took off Seulgi's book away.

He stared at her for a while, a smirk came out from his lips as he took out the pen from his pocket and began to write down something on the last page of the book. Seulgi looked shocked as was left agape. She couldn't believe there was someone who dared to write something on her precious book.

"Hey! That's my favorite book!" She protested however, Mino had finished writing on it. He gave back her book with a victorious smile.

Seulgi rolled her eyes when she looked at his writing. Mino wrote his number on her book, along with a picture of a big heart beside it.

"Call me." He winked as he dashed off back to his nature.

"Never! Not in a million way!" She shouted.

Mino turned around to face her once more. Though it was a bit far, Seulgi could see his brightest smile.

"That's fine, if you wanted to repeat this class next semester."

Damn you.

Once again, he defeated her. Seulgi couldn't say a word as he went back to wherever he should be.

Seulgi was completely dumbfounded by how persistent Mino tried to approach her. Without a doubt she disliked it, but she didn't hate it either. She just not used to get approached by someone who didn't have any ill attention of her. He knew it, because Mino was the first person she talked randomly. As random as a lottery, it seemed that God wouldn't want to stop their fate in one of those night and it happened that they were kind of alike and yet so different.

As she went back to the bench she was sitting on, her fingers traced down the thing Mino had left earlier. Nobody asked her number in past of ten years. If they did, usually they would end up of having some motives in which Seulgi was used to.

The only person she could trust were only Irene and Jisoo.

For her, a relationship between two person were merely a bull.

Nobody wanted her, not even her parent. If they did, they only wanted something from her; it was money.

All the thing that happened to her was causing her for not believing in everything but herself. She had it enough and no one could change that.

 

—••—

 

It was quarter past five in the afternoon when Seulgi had finished all her classes. Before class ended, Irene asked her to hangout in the nearest cafe they usually went to.

She packed all her stuff to her backpack but she stopped it as she looked at the book where Mino's number had written on it. She didn't know what happened but she copied his number to the phone contact.

'The weird guy.' She named it.

A faint smile came across her face, those smile never left her till she went outside the class.

It took around fifteen minutes by walking to get Seulgi to the meeting point. From a far, Seulgi could see Irene was sitting alone while playing with her phone next to the indoor garden. A fluorescent lighting filled the room, it blended well with the indoor ferns that was planted inside the room. The tropical vibe could be seen and felt in this caf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter