White Confessions

White Confessions

 

Sunggyu plopped down on his bed and stared at his pale white ceiling. He sighed and closed his eyes. Images of her filled up his mind.

"Sunggyu oppa! Guess what?" Aeryoung asked excitedly, tugging on Sunggyu's sleeve.

Sunggyu picked his head up from the desk and looked at the clock. It was only 7:12 in the morning. "What is it?" he yawned.

"I... Got accepted into an exchange program for a university in America! I actually made it! I'm so happy! And they're paying for my plane ticket and most of my other expenses!" Aeryoung plopped down in the seat next to him happily.

"Congratulations!" Sunggyu smiled, but he felt his heart pinch. "When do you leave?"

Aeryoung froze and looked away. "Th-the day after t-tomorrow..." she mumbled guiltily.

Sunggyu suddenly sat upright and looked at Aeryoung in shock. "So soon?" he raised his voice.

Students around him jumped in surprise and looked at him. "I'm sorry. They wanted me to get used to the place before enrolling at the start of their second semester," Aeryoung looked at Sunggyu sadly.

Sunggyu sighed and closed his eyes. "I didn't mean to raise my voice, but it's just..."

Aeryoung put a hand on his shoulder. "Let's hang out tomorrow," Sunggyu decided. "It's a Saturday and we don't have any classes."

Aeryoung nodded and smiled, "Okay."

"Class, please get in your seats! I need to take attendance!" the teacher called out.

Sunggyu ripped out a piece of paper from his notebook and scribbled something on it. He glanced at the teacher and pushed it into Aeryoung's hand that was on the desk.

She looked at him, then at the note, and opened it.

I'll come pick you up at your house 11 tomorrow. I'll make you regret leaving me behind! :P

Aeryoung giggled and nodded before neatly folding the note and slipping it into her folder.

Sunggyu sighed, turned his head and looked at the calendar. "It's been two years..."

Sunggyu sat up, grabbed his jacket from his chair and left his room. He slipped his shoes on at the door and opened it. "Oh, hey hyung. Were you just about to head out?"

Sunggyu looked up and nodded. "What's up, Dongwoo?"

Sunggyu looked behind Dongwoo and saw the rest of his friends. "Let's go out together," Sungjong chirped.

Sunggyu pursed his lips. "Fine, but I decide where we go."

Dongwoo and Sungjong nodded quickly. Sunggyu sighed and closed the door behind him. He passed Myungsoo and saw him grinning. In fact, all the boys seemed happier than usual. Sunggyu shrugged it off and headed for the town nearby.

"So where to, Sunggyu?" Woohyun slung an arm around Sunggyu's shoulders.

"To town," Sunggyu replied.

"Let me guess... Paradise Cafe?"

Sunggyu glanced at Woohyun and nodded wearily.

As they walked along the road, Woohyun and the rest chatted animatedly. Sunggyu, however, was distracted by memories of the street and shops that passed by.

"Sunggyu oppa! Look, isn't that so cute?" Aeryoung pointed at a window case that displayed two light brown teddy bears sitting next to each other with a heart made of pink wire behind them.

Sunggyu smiled softly and nodded, "Yeah, it is."
'But not as cute as you.'

Sunggyu and Aeryoung continued along the street side-by-side, hands hitting the other's once in a while. "So where are you taking me to next?" Aeryoung asked, looking at Sunggyu.

"A place," Sunggyu replied simply.

"Be more specific!" Aeryoung pouted.

Sunggyu chuckled and snuggled into his scarf. Aeryoung furrowed her brows and crossed her arms. She sped up her pace and stuck her nose in the air. "Hmph!"

Sunggyu smiled and unwrapped his scarf. He quietly snuck up behind Aeryoung and quickly wrapped the scarf around her neck. Aeryoung jumped in surprise and blushed. "Thanks. How'd you know..."

"I just do," Sunggyu shrugged modestly. "We're almost there."

Aeryoung looked up and around. Before she could walk further, Sunggyu grasped her arm and stopped her. "Here!" Sunggyu nudged her towards a cozy little cafe.

"Paradise Cafe?" Aeryoung asked in wonder.

"Yup." Sunggyu answered simply.

The two entered, sat down, and ordered a cup of coffee each. They chatted for hours, drinking coffee after coffee, until finally, Aeryoung's cellphone started buzzing nonstop.

Aeryoung looked down at her phone then back up at Sunggyu apologetically. Sunggyu motioned for her to take the call and took a sip of his coffee.

"Hello? Ah, hi mom... Okay, I'll be home soon," Aeryoung nodded sadly.

She hung up and looked at Sunggyu. "I guess we better get you home," Sunggyu sighed.

Aeryoung pulled out her wallet, but was stopped by a hand. "I'll pay for it," Sunggyu stated firmly.

Aeryoung frowned, but knew she couldn't argue with him and he wouldn't take no for an answer. She nodded and slipped her wallet back into her pocket. She watched as Sunggyu stood up, took the bill and headed for the cashier. She looked back at the table and smiled sadly. A tear trickled down, but she quickly wiped it away. "I should be happy. I'm going to America tomorrow..." she mumbled.

"I need to ask you something before I send you back," Sunggyu returned, slipping on his jacket and grabbing his scarf.

Aeryoung nodded and wondered about what he wanted to ask. They just had a conversation that went on for hours, what else does he have to say?

Aeryoung quickly put her jacket and hat on before following Sunggyu out the door. He turned into the cafe's alley. "Wha-"

Aeryoung stopped. In the alleyway was "Congratulations" written in colorful Christmas lights on the dead-end wall. Underneath was a small round table covered with a silky white cloth. On top of the table was a regular-sized box and a card. Flowers and ribbons were scattered around the table and floor.

"Oh my gosh..." Aeryoung breathed.

Sunggyu smiled and pulled Aeryoung towards the table. "Don't open it until you settle down in America."

Aeryoung nodded and felt tears threatening to fall. She looked up at Sunggyu and smiled thankfully. "You're the best friend I've ever had!" she jumped up and hugged Sunggyu.

Sunggyu's heart clenched but smiled and wiped her tears away. "Don't cry. You're prettier when you don't cry."
'I should tell her now.'

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Aeryoung squeezed Sunggyu in a bear hug.

Sunggyu flushed a deep red and returned the hug. Aeryoung felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and she sighed. "I better go. I still need to pack," she laughed sheepishly. "Oh! What did you want to ask?"

Sunggyu gulped. "You..."
'Sunggyu, just say it!'"You won't forget me right?" Sunggyu mentally face-palmed.

Aeryoung laughed heartily. "Of course not! Silly oppa!"

Sunggyu picked up the box and handed it to Aeryoung. "I'll walk you home."

Aeryoung nodded and followed Sunggyu out the alleyway. "You better come back and clean this up later Sunggyu, you little rascal!" the owner called out.

Aeryoung giggled as Sunggyu jumped and waved his hand, "I will, I will!"

"Well, I guess this is it. I had a lot of fun today," Aeryoung looked down shyly as they arrived in front of her house.

"Me too. I'm glad you had fun," Sunggyu smiled.

"Aeryoung!" her mother called out from the door.

Aeryoung puffed her cheeks, "Okay, okay!"

Sunggyu chuckled and lightly pushed her toward her gate. "Wait," she said.

Sunggyu looked at her and widened his eyes when he felt something on his cheek. Aeryoung smiled cutely and rushed inside.

Sunggyu touched his cheek. The cheek that was growing warm. The cheek that Aeryoung just kissed.

The next day, she was gone.

And she never said goodbye.


"Whoa, Sunggyu! Where are you going? The cafe is this way!" Hoya pulled Sunggyu back, causing Sunggyu to stumble backwards and fall on his .

"My bad, hyung!" Hoya apologized, reaching out a hand to help him up.

Sunggyu stayed on the floor in a daze. In front of him was Paradise cafe. In the window, when he fell, he saw Aeryoung. He blinked, and she was gone. 'I'm going insane.'

Sunggyu took Hoya's hand and stood up. Hoya pulled him into the cafe and sat him down in a booth near the back. "Wait guys, can we just order coffee and go? I just wanted to visit the cafe for a sec," Sunggyu said.

Woohyun looked at Myungsoo, who shrugged and nodded. Myungsoo pulled out his phone and texted something quickly.

The seven of them ordered their coffee and left just as Sunggyu requested.

 

"It's nice to see you again, Sunggyu. How have you been?" the owner greeted.

 

"I've been... getting by," Sunggyu replied slowly.

 

"Here's your coffee, enjoy," the owner nodded.

At the door, Myungsoo pulled Sunggyu back. "Wait. The guys and I got you a Christmas gift."

"It can't wait 'till we get back?" Sunggyu frowned.

He really wanted to go home. And mope.

"No, it can't," Dongwoo stated sternly.

Sunggyu widened his eyes a little, surprised. "Okay..."

Dongwoo smiled and pushed him through the door. Myungsoo led the way with the rest of the boys behind Sunggyu, pushing him.

They turned left and left again, into an alleyway. That alleyway. Sunggyu's eyes widened.

"Aeryoung... Kang Aeryoung? Is that really you?" Sunggyu whispered in disbelief.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and pulled Sunggyu forward. "Let's leave them alone," Myungsoo whispered.

The rest of the guys nodded and went back into the cafe.

"Hey Sunggyu, it's been a while," Aeryoung greeted warmly.

Sunggyu nodded slowly, still in shock. He was happy, yet upset, and even mad. "Oh no, don't tell me can't speak!" Aeryoung teased.

Sunggyu blushed and blurted, "You've gotten really pretty."

Aeryoung blushed. "Is-is that all you can say?"

"I missed you. Why didn't you say goodbye?" Sunggyu whispered with a hint of anger.

"Because... Because I didn't want to. I didn't want to say goodbye when I was going to come find you again. When I was ready," Aeryoung whispered back. "I really liked the gift. The bears are so cute."

Sunggyu softened, sighed and looked away. After being apart for so long, he felt awkward, even if she was his crush.

The two stayed silent for awhile, looking away from each other. Sunggyu turned back, ready to say something, but Aeryoung's eyes stopped him. His heart still fluttered like it used to. "Did you want to say something?" Aeryoung asked innocently.

"Did you ever forget me?"

"Never," Aeryoung breathed.

Sunggyu slowly leaned down, waiting to see if she would move away. But she didn't.

Their faces were only an inch apart. "Will you be mine?" Sunggyu's breath tickled Aeryoung's lips, causing her to flush a light pink.

Aeryoung leaned forward and gave Sunggyu an Eskimo kiss. Sunggyu blinked in surprise and smiled warmly at her.

Aeryoung looked up and saw snowflakes softly drift down. "It's the first snow of winter!" she said excitedly.

Sunggyu gently grabbed Aeryoung's face to make her face him and pecked her on the lips.

"I love you."

~=

author's note ;

How was it? (; Please comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading~ ♥