Chapter 5

Nam Woohyun's Journey to Parenthood

Woohyun rubbed his temples as he stared at the pile of works on his desk. He wondered whether he needs to skip lunch to finish it so he could go back home before dinner. He was a bit concerned about leaving Sunggyu alone at home at night. 

 

"Come in!" He snapped at the knock on the door and was surprised when Sunggyu peeked his head in.

 

"Sunggyu, what are you doing here?" Woohyun got up and moved to help Sunggyu. At 18 weeks pregnant, Sunggyu was a sight to see. Woohyun had learnt not to call him fat anymore.

 

"I was in the area." Sunggyu shrugged as he sat on the couch, sighing in relief as he took off his shoes.

 

Woohyun squinted in disbelief. As far as he knew, there was nothing else in the area other than companies buildings.

 

"Say that again, without lying this time."

 

Sunggyu crossed his arms and pouted slightly.

 

"Fine! I was bored at home and I want to drag you out to lunch."

 

Woohyun rubbed his nose bridge and cast a glance at his desk. Sunggyu followed his glance and tugged his hand slightly.

 

"Sunggyu..."

 

"Please..." Sunggyu was giving him the puppy eyes. Woohyun lost it when Sunggyu put his hand on the swell of his belly.

 

", okay! Where do you want to go?"

 

 

Woohyun watched as Sunggyu added another bowl of rice and turned to look at his mother. For some reasons, Sunggyu wanted to have lunch at Woohyun's family house.

 

His mother was surprised to see both of them at the door and Woohyun had to spend the past half an hour explaining about Sunggyu's pregnancy and their relationship. He had forgotten to tell his parents about that. The last they knew was that they had broken up.

 

"I can't believe that you didn't tell me about this, Nam Woohyun," his mother hissed as she put more vegetables into Sunggyu's bowl.

 

"I'm sorry, okay. I have a lot on my mind." 

 

"I thought you didn't want kids, Sunggyu-ah."

 

"I still don't." Sunggyu nodded and sipped the soup, ignoring the looks on both Nams.

 

"What?" Woohyun's mother glared at him and Woohyun could only shrug. His mother sighed in defeat and watched as Sunggyu finished eating.

 

"I hope you two had told Sunggyu's parents."

 

"Nope. Let's go to my house for dinner, Woohyun."

 

And Woohyun wondered where he could buy a bulletproof vest.