Paper

ᶜᵒᵐᵖˡᵉᵗᵉ PAPER © • m.yg
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Fine Eunji, I'll go to your boring- fanmeet."

 

I sigh, mentally preparing myself for the annoying day ahead.

 

"JINJA?!"

 

She shrieks, wrapping her arms around my body and nearly crushing my bones.

 

"Who's the best friend in the whole wide world?" She chimes. "Y/N is! I promise I'll treat you to junk food after it!"

 

"Yah! Enough with the bribery!"

 

Eunji hops around my room, gracefully dodging the mess she already created as soon as she step foot in.

 

 

She had arrived with her backpack full of make-up and clothing items, which were scattered all over my bed, while now she rummaged inside my walk-in closet as I sat on my bed with my arms crossed in front of my chest, waiting for her to decide on whichever attire she found appropriate for me to wear.

 

"Can't I just go like this?" I complained, gesturing at what I had already on my body - an oversized gray jumper that read "CATS IN HATS", black leggings and a worn out pair of denim Converse. My hair was tied in a ponytail that somehow survived my sleep, last night. 

 

She eyed me miserably. 

 

"Are you kidding me? You're gonna scare your own Eomma if you walk downstairs like that, let us not imagine a group of seven gods." 

 

"Ugh! Do we really need all this prepping just to go get some boygroup's signatures?"

 

"I've told you plenty of times, they're not just 'some' boygroup! They're-"

 

"Bangtan Sonyeondan... Which are.. Oh wait! Yep. A boygroup."

 

"You're hopeless." She shrugged, walking out with some clothes she finally deemed worthy of the presence of BTS. "Just put this on and then let me take care for your makeup."

 

"Why did I agree to this again?" I asked, eyeing the clothes. She had chosen a pair of black, high waist skinny jeans, a salmon pink crop top that read "Mermaid SQUAD" in bold white - this one was hers - and those brand new black Vans Off The Wall that I was saving until my Converse completely died. I put on everything but the salmon pink crop top. I put a black jumper instead.

 

"Yah! Put that on!" 

 

"No." I deadpaned and she knew she lost the battle when I put my cap backwards on my head.

 

"Really, tell me just why I agreed to this."

 

"Because you love me and you know how much of a fierce ARMY your best friend is."

 

"I still don't get that 'army' thing but whatever."

 

"Seriously, Y/N, you should cut your bitterness and hermitness a little and give them a chance. Your dear Punk Rock music won't feel offended."

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

We had been bestfriends since 2nd grade albeit being two completely different individuals. Eunji grew to enjoy all the little girly things and Korean Pop sensations, whereas I enjoyed climbing trees and throwing little twigs at her from above. Eventually, I started to get into punk and metal music, while she was swooning all over idols.

 

Unlike she says, I'm not 'musically racist', no, I'm just picky. I don't just listen to hasty music, I like other things too, but I'm very selective. And I'm not ashamed of it! 

 

So it goes that she has tried for a million times to make me listen to her beloved BTS but I don't know.. I just don't feel it.

 

So she's right by saying I never gave them a chance, yeah, but then again, how different could they be from any other bling-bling-shiny-beat-beat K-Pop group playing on every radio station?

 

No different, I say.

 

Either way, I did as I always do and tried my best to leave my sister happy.

 

And so, a couple hours later, we were on our way to the event's location. 

 

🕒 

 

 

First things first, and right as we got there I got slapped across the face with a BTS banner occupying a whole wall.

 

It was so colorful that I felt further out of place. For me there's two colors in life: black for clothes and cherry red, just like the one I had dyed my wavy hair in. So, the whole paraphernalia of colors on that ceiling-high banner pretty much blinded my bat-like self.

 

I wondered if that was what being on LSD was like.

 

Trying to ignore all the shrieks of excitement coming from the crowd lining up in front and behind of us, I studied the seven boys I had never even given her the chance to show me.

 

Their faces seemed to have been perfectly sculpted, with not an imperfection, even though they were puking funny expressions. They were pale, handsome, tidy and their clothes were funky yet stylish. The paler one of the boys, the one in the center, called my attention. He was only wearing socks on his feet and his button nose was scrunched. His hair was blue as blue comes and his big red sweater contrasted with it in a way I was sure to be out of this world. He was posing, just like all the others, but something in his eyes got me caught in. I wondered if a man that handsome really existed or if in personal he would be any different.

 

 

Probably all of them are photoshopped, anyway.

 

My judgemental self pops in.

 

"You like Suga?" Eunji butts in, wrapping her arms around my shoulder.

 

What.

 

"The one with the blue hair! His name's Min Yoongi, but goes by Suga."

 

"That's weird."

 

"Whatever, Y/N, I can recognize a biased woman when I see her. Can't fool me!"

 

"What are you even talking about, Eunji?"

 

She didn't have time to answer, as a wave of shrieks washed over the hall. A security guard opened the double doors and made an announcement:

 

"Love Yourself 'HER' Fanmeet will start now. Please make a neat line and don't go rogue. Two by two, start walking in. Don't stall when you're on the podium greeting the idols. We ask for your respect and politeness. Thank you!"

 

"Oh my lord, it's time!" Eunji chimed.

 

"What does he mean 'the podium'?" I felt oblivious like a donkey staring at a palace.

 

Soon I found out, when we entered the theater like room. Seven boys were lined up, sitting at a table on top of the podium, while the first girls in line already hopped on it to then proceed and kneel in front of them.

 

I found it ridiculously funny, both the kneeling and crawling sideways for an autograph of each of them, and the way the girls shrieked and nearly passed out. Eunji wasn't acting any different by my side. At a point, I understood that the whole kneeling wasn't just an exacerbated display of respect, but it served to keep the wild fans organised, so I ended up mentally agreeing with it.

 

However, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do when it was my turn.

 

"Eunji? Yah! Eunji? What am I supposed to do?!"

 

For the first time I started panicking. Coincidentally, it was when we were close enough to see the boys well. To see the blue haired boy well. His hair was a way faded blue now, but he looked as handsome as on the banner. At least at a distance.

 

Why am I even minding that guy?

 

"You just have to kneel and do some aegyo with them, get their autograph and hold their hands!" She enlightened me.

 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN AEGYO AND HOLDING HANDS?!" I shrieked, louder than I would've liked.

 

The fans didn't notice me, but someone did.

 

 

Blue haired boy was star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter