Prologue

Fallen Kingdom

     Sensations….sensations everywhere. The clashing of swords, rung loudly, echoing throughout the wrecked hall. Screams of innocent men and women, covered the clanking to metal on metal. The air smelled of iron and freshly rotten corpses. The once grand banners, representing countless kingdoms, were nothing but torn, and blackened threads. The walls, once gilded, were now stained with fresh blood. Extravagant decorations, such as golden vases and marble statues, now innumerable shards on the stone ground. However… all of these sensations were drowned out…nearly taken from me.

     The sound of my blood rushing in my ears, and my heart thumping, overpowered the sound of metal hitting metal. My vision became distorted and colorless. The freezing, stone floor was warming up, from the blood that was pooling around me. My breathing became forced, and rapid. The smells all blended together, making a sickening, almost unearthly scent. I attempted to sit up, but my body felt like iron. How…just how did this happen…the events that lead to this moment, became impossible to comprehend.

     My thoughts were draining away, like the blood from my body. My eyes slowly shifted around, hungry for information. I focused my blurred vision all I could, and what I saw horrified me. Dozens and dozens of limp bodies, all torn and shredded. Some lay, with a gaping hole in their abdomen, their blood already drying around them. Others, had their entrails pulled out, with bare hands it seems. But one body…one out of nearly hundreds… had caught my attention. Her snow-white hair, had been washed in blood. Her once ivory skin, had been cut and pierced. Her simple, purple nightgown, had been torn, and tattered. I wanted to get up, run over to her…but my refused to obey my wish. I wanted to scream, my voice failing me, letting out nothing.

     I felt warm, wet tears, build up at the corners of my eyes. My clouded thoughts, seemed to have cleared. I thought of only her name, over and over. She filled my thoughts. I would never hear her soothing, gentle voice. I would never caress her flawless skin. I would never run my fingers, through her long, silky hair. I would never feel her soft, warm lips, locked in mine. The tears nearly blinded me entirely, threatening to spill over. My heart ached, as if someone had stabbed me there, instead of the abdomen. Aurra….Aurra….Aurra…Aurra. I….I am sorry I failed you…I failed everyone. My tears had finally began to spill over. I am sorry I am such a failure….I am sorry that I could not protect you. My tears flowed freely, like twin waterfalls. These tears blinded me, making the world appear as an empty void. 

I could feel my body growing colder and colder. It was like ice, covering my flesh. My thoughts disappeared, and my breaths soon ceased. I have fallen. I have failed.