Chapter 3

That Dream: the Start of Something? [Edited]

 

Taemin’s POV

“Ahhh! Oppa! Get out! This is the girls’ dressing room!”

 

“What?! I’m here to see my boo!” Jongmin called out before the girls pushed him out. I smiled and walked out of the auditorium. We had one hour before we had to return to the auditorium. I picked up my phone and rang for hyung. “Oh! Hyung! Where are you guys?” I asked Key. “Oh we’re on the second floor at the food exhibit.”

 

I went up to the concourse where the food exhibit was being held. Families, international and local, were sampling and trying to make the local foods that the booths were offering. I found the hyungs at the ddokbokki booth. “Hyung!” I called out to them and Onew hyung turned around with a bowl of ddokbokki in his hand and a plastic bag of twister potato hanging on his arm.

 

“OH! You’re here! How was rehearsal?” Key hyung asked. “All good,” I replied as I motioned for hyung to feed me a piece of rice cake. “I gotta go now. See you guys later. Break a leg, Taemin,” Minho hyung said before rushing off. “Where is he going?” I asked with the rice cake still in my mouth. “He’s meeting his dad and accompanying him. His dad’s the guest-of-honor,” Jonghyun said before he took a bite of soondae.

 

We walked around the exhibits and had a blast of a time as we tried the games and posed in the costumes.

 

Your POV

“Whoa! Check out our booth!” Hani called and released her arm from mine. Our booth was about Korean ritual dances, just like our performance. I was really pleased with the result of our hard work. With the huge space that we were given, we managed to cover the 5 main rituals. There was even space for visitors to try on the clothes.

 

you sunbaenim! You’ve come!” HwanSong called out from his counter. He was in charge of Barachum. “Everything is running well, so don’t worry. Go have a look at the other booths!”

 

“You’ve worked hard! I’ll go get you guys some food,” I told them.

 

“It’s ok! The juniors are bringing us food. Go have fun!” MiNa said next to HwanSong.

 

I nodded and went off. Hani had gone off somewhere else with her boyfriend so I was alone. The booths were all so busy. People were trying out the traditional games and laughing whenever they failed. Hmm it’s about time to return to the auditorium. I took the long way just to see some more booths. “The minister is coming!” one of the juniors exclaimed as she ran through the booths. Sure enough, the minister was walking in my direction. He was smiling widely at the success of the booths. I intended to bow to him until he walked past me, but he turned to me, raised me from my bow and told me that I’ve worked hard. He must have mistaken me for the juniors manning the stall I was at. I thanked him, and he moved on. I continued to walk, realizing that it was like déjà vu. Right in front of me was Choi Minho sunbaenim. He looked at me with shock, and I bowed to him before moving on.

 

Minho’s POV

“You know her?” Sungmin hyung asked. “Just a junior when I was here,” I answered. Whoa. Déjà vu. After 5 minutes of walking, I still couldn’t rest my heart. “Hyungs,” I said to Sungmin and Kangin hyungs. “Can you follow me somewhere? Something’s wrong. And call an ambulance to the auditorium!” I excused us from Ahbeoji’s entourage. I walked calmly toward the auditorium, but the unsettlement picked me up on my feet. “Minho-ah! What’s wrong!” Kangin called out. “They’re being murdered!” I shouted as I sprinted.

 

Your POV

I didn’t like the feel of this one bit. CLONK! I looked out of the dressing room. Surely enough, there was a shadowy figure at the end of the corridor. I started to retreat slowly out of the dressing room and headed out to the stage. He started to run towards me and I started to run too. I ran to the front to get out of the auditorium. As I ran down the stage and to the seats, I looked at the stage. EunJung was lying on the stage floor. I started to run up the steps. The chima didn’t make this any easier for me. He’s gaining on me! Finally at the top, I ran towards the exit when it suddenly opened. Minho entered with two men behind him. I froze with shock at the sudden appearance of 3 men. Next thing I knew, a man wrapped around my shoulders and pulled me backward.