001

My Favorite Unsaid Feeling

 

I turned around, and there she is. Her smile, it's still that same smile I fell for the first time. She's beautiful. A goddess.

One deep sigh, I shifted my gaze to elsewhere - to Tiffany in particular. I didn't expect to meet her eyes, though. A second or two, her lips curved up into a small smile and I knew what it meant. I know she always knew about this feeling but really never wanted to ask me about it, or so I thought. I smiled back. And then she landed her eyes on her after.

I wanted to drag myself out of the area, like I always do whenever she's around, afraid that she'd decide to converse with me or something. I am this coward. Well, not really. I just can't be myself around her. That's how she affects me.

Seconds later, my heart skipped a beat and I felt cold sweats coming out from my skin pores. I dreaded this part. No, I actually lost track in counting the times I have looked forward to making this happen. That equalled the number of times I withdrew the thought too, though. Such a loser.

"Taeyeon." I gulped down the lump formed in my throat as I looked at her nearing figure. I stared blankly at her, like a fool once she reached me. A second or two, she tilted her head, following a frown after. "Hey. Are you...alright?" When she spoke the last word, her hand was on mine - waking me up from a short blackout.

"Ha? Alright? Y-yeah, I'm f-fine Jessica." I managed to say though in a stutter.

She chuckled through her nose, throwing me her beautiful smile that really matched her face. "That's good." I wasn't sure if I was dreaming but after she said those words, she removed her hand on my hand and brought it up onto my head to fix my fringe, "There. Now I can see your eyes well."

I really hope she didn't notice the redness in my face as I started feeling hot over what she did and said just now. As I didn't want her to find me weird or something, I gathered my thoughts together and spoke again with an awkward laugh, "Haha. You d-didn't have to fix my hair, but thanks." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck. I was dying in awkwardness, and shyness, and all. There was a difference on how she's looking at me now and the way she looked at me just a while ago, though I couldn't seem to know what. But her beautiful smile was still on her face. "Ahhh...Why did you uhm, call me just now?"

"Oh, nothing really. Ahh...well, I just have something to uhm, can we..." I was pretty amazed with how high her tone was at the word "we" and how she prolonged it for a few seconds before deciding to continue her thoughts. I guess she was a bit hesitant to ask, "talk about it over a cup of coffee?"

 

 

 

-- TBC.