Prologue

Ghostly Love

"Sorry I can't be with you." Sobbed the girl whose heart was just as broken at the rejection than the guy in front of her.

 

For years they had been friends - best friends even - and for years he had been pursuing her. Of course, she wasn't completely oblivious to his feelings and at first she just brushed it off, doing nothing to stop his advances, she thought that in time he would give up. She hoped that he would find someone who could love him as much as he loved them. 

 

But as years went on his pursuits only got worse, more forceful even and in the end she had had enough. 

 

So that's why today she had made her decision and had come to his house, or more like mansion, to reject him for the last time. 

 

In her mind she knew that he was every girl's dream: handsome, rich and as nice as they come...

 

But she couldn't lie to her heart. The hearts wants what the heart wants, however it also has things it doesn't want. 

 

And that was him.

 

So there she was in his foyer kneeling before him and afraid to meet his eyes. The ones that stared down at her in disappointment and rage, as he loomed over her. 

 

Fear struck her in the chest and she was finding it hard to breath. 

 

Did she make the wrong decision? 

 

No! She was sure this was for the best - the best for both of them. 

 

A squeak left her quivering lips, as he roughly grabbed her arm and pulled her to her feet, not so gently might I add. Nostrils flaring, anger clouding the eyes and his complexion reddening, the once handsome guy was gone. 

 

And it scared her. 

 

Bruises started to form where his fingers held her arm causing her to wince, and a tear slipped out off the corner of her eye. 

 

This... this is why she rejected him. He wasn't the guy that she once knew, he was long gone.

 

Her friend was gone and it tore her apart. 

 

More tears flowed down her (s/c) cheeks as she tried to look into his eyes. The anger that she found there almost scorched her and she drew back as best she could. 

 

He lifted his free hand as though he was going to hit her, she visibly flinched and closed her eyes waiting for the impact, but it never came. A bright glow lit up her still-closed eyelids and she now knew what was coming. 

 

In these times magic did exist, but it was the nobility that had power, each power being different. He was of nobility so it wasn't unexpected that he had some kind of power - his was to do with spirits, sort of like necromancy but slightly different. 

 

He could draw out someone's spirit and he could control them also, which made him terrifying, meaning that everyone avoided him. 

 

Except for her.

 

She didn't care what power he had, she just liked him for him, in a friendly way of course. 

 

So she knew what he was planning on doing before he did it. 

 

His hand slammed into her chest, the impact almost knocking her off of her feet, his arm was the only thing holding her in place and the feeling of her spirit leaving her body was indescribable. 

 

Her former body was now nothing more than a shell and he let it fall to the floor, ordering his servants to hide her body away somewhere. Giving them instructions on how to preserve it.

 

Tears began to pour like a waterfall and she sank to the floor, her hands covering her face as best they could. 

 

He ignored her weeping and raised his hand palm first and muttered some incomprehensible words. His hand began to glow and (y/n) felt some invisible force pulling her towards him. He guided her to a hidden room that was too far from everything else for it to be easily discovered and before locking the door he spoke: 

 

"This is your fault (y/n). All you had to do was accept me and none of this would've happened!" He let out a low growl and continued, "until you change your mind this will be your new home and don't think of escaping."

 

He looked her up and down, admiring her ghostly form, "it's not like you can anyway." He let out a manic laugh and left the room, leaving the still weeping girl there. 

 

~~~~~~~~ Years later ~~~~~~~~~

 

Sputtering could be heard coming from the vans engine as it slowly came to a stop, in what seemed like an abandoned road. Long, dry, dead grass grew on either side of the road, as though it had been neglected for years. 

 

Mark and the rest of his band members stepped out off the van and Jackson kicked it, a shooting pain assaulted his foot on impact. 

 

"Dammit! What are we supposed to do now?!" Mark ran his hand through his hair and looked at the van with furrowed brows. 

 

Then a shout came from a distance away, BamBam had somehow made it to the middle of the field in a short time. How did he even manage that? 

 

"GUYS I CAN SEE SOMETHING OVER THERE!" 

 

The other members exchanged a glance before running to join BamBam and then looking at what he had found. 

 

It was a lone mansion...