Sea

Winter Hearts

 

Sea: BTS

"Where there is hope, there is always hardship
Where there is hope, there is always hardship
Where there is hope, there is always hardship
Where there is hope, there is always hardship"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A loud crash sounded through the small area that a friendly couple and their kind son inhabited. The child sat on the cold tile floor cryiing as he tried to hide small pieces of shattered porcelain that were once a part of a lovely vase that had been carelessly knocked off of a petite counter. A tall man rushed into the compact room almost tripping over his own feet. He covered his mouth as he stared at the scene in front of him. 

   "Moonsung!" With a swift motion, the brunette crouched down next to the child and scooped him up in his thin arms. "Are you okay? What happened baby?" he asked moving the small child's bangs from his forehead in order to wipe away his tears easier. 

   The kid clutched tightly onto the man's shirt and cried as tears soaked into the soft fabric after having been allowed to rest his small head on the man's shoulder. "I'm sorry Daddy. I didn't mean to." More choked sobs elicited from the small booy as he buried his face in the adult's shirt. 

   Another man darted into the room and rushed over to the brunette's side, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Luhan. Is he okay?"

   Luhan continued to hush the child and rubbed his back gently. "I'm guessing he probably knocked over the vase while he was playing or something. He's not hurt. We can replace it anyway." He gently handed the child over to the other man. 

   A small frown found its way on the taller man's face as he looked at his husband. "That vase is really important to you, Luhan. Don't act like you're okay."

  "No. Really. It's fine," he said attempting to reassure the other. "We have to get going soon anyway. No need to waste time. I can't be late again, Sehun."

   Sehun nodded and kept holding his son tightly. "Alright. Also, Seulgi said she'll pick him up Wednesday instead of Thursday. Can you get him Thursday or do I need to? I don't mind if that's the case, but I'll probably get yelled at again by my boss."

   With a sigh, Luhan shook his head and grabbed his car keys as the family began walking out of the room and into the main area of their apartment. "I'm sure I can find a way. I might have a meeting, but we'll just have to see. While we're asking each other questions, what would you like for dinner tonight?" he asked opening the front door and allowing for Sehun to step outside with Moonsung still in his arms. 

   "Anything is fine. Make what you'd like. Just nothing too expensive. We don't get paid for another week or two." The black haired man set the child down, wiped the remaining tears off of his squishy, rosy cheeks, then zipped up the puffy, navy blue jacket his son was wearing to protect himself from the harsh winter conditions. 

   The two men walked hand in hand down a flight of stairs and to a small, dreary parking lot. They neard an old, worn down car that looked like it had been used for decades without proper care. Sehun quickly hopped into the passenger seat attempting to escape the cold outdoors and cringed as he settled into the uncomfortable leather. Luhan made sure his son was secure and buckled into his car seat before making his way over to the driver's side and slowly getting in.

   The brunette sat in the driver's seat and started the car, its warm engine heating up the frozen vehicle's interior. The car moved slowly along the icy roads as Luhan drove carefully. Snowflakes fell silently onto the autmobile, coating the windows in a crystal beauty. A few giggles emitted from the sweet child as he stared out the frost windows and admired the pure, white snow. The raven haired man turned the radio on and let soft, classical music play quietly. A hum of approval was heard as Luhan placed his gloved hand on his husband's arm affectionately. Sehun returned the affection by placing his bare hand on top of the other's and squeezed gently.

   "Papa! Papa! Look!" Moonsung cried gleefully from the backseat.

   Sehun turned his head and looked out of the window as well.

   A honey colored deer pranced gracefully through the lovely snow, leaving behind small imprints in the light earth. Tiny, shimmering snowflakes covered the deer's coat as it resumed prancing around carelessly. 

   The raven haired man directed his gaze back to his husband as the deer had oddly reminded him of his lover. He smiled as he watched the older male tap his fingers on the steering wheel accordingly to the beat. His head nodded slightly as well, attempting to identify the time signature of the piece currently playing on the radio. 

   More giggles were heard from the backseat. With a swift motion, Sehun turned around in his seat and watched his son, a gentle smile forming on his face. Moonsung noticed his father's sweet stare and turned to face him. 

   "Papa, stop looking at me. The deer is so much prettier! Watch before it goes away forever! Papa! Look!"

   The father gave his son an affectionate look and blew a kiss to the child. 

   The child squirmed in his seat attempting to "catch" the gesture.

   Luhan smiled to himself and pulled into a familiar looking parking lot. Bright lights lined the area and color splatters covered the concrete surface. The car stopped abruptly as they pulled into a rather small parking spot which constricted them a bit when it came to opening the doors. The brunette noticed and attmepted to open his door without hitting the car next to them. He squeezed between the small space successfully and hadn't damaged the vehicle beside him. 

   His husband was a different story. His immense clumsiness resulted in him slightly chipping the paint of the car over on his side of the vehicle. Almost silently, he cursed under his breath and examined the small mark after having escaped the tiny space between the car's interior and the door. A sigh escaped his mouth as he slammed the car door closed and went to assist his love with their child. 

   Carefully, Luhan was trying to help Moonsung out without damaging anything near him. After having done it somehow, he held the child's small hand and began walking towards the daycare's entrance, his husband trailing slowly behind. 

   "Papa! You sloth! Come on! Catch up!" the child called to the taller man. 

   "Yeah, Sloth!" Luhan repeated giggling alongside his son. 

   Sehun shook his head and ran up next to Moonsung, sweeping the small child up into his arms and spinning him around sweetly. The two nuzzled noses and again, the son was set down. He latched onto both of his fathers' hands and smiled brightly.

   As the family opened the door, they gained odd stares. Ignoring them, because they had unfortunately become so familiar with them, they stepped up to the front desk to sign Moonsung in and inform the caretaker of the time they shoud be expecting their son to be picked up. 

   "Goodbye Daddy!" Moonsung beamed planting a kiss on Luhan's cheek. "And goodbye Papa!" the child said again, placing another kiss on Sehun's head. The precious boy waddled off and caught up with a group of other young kids.

   The two fathers let out a small laugh as they watched their son interact with the others. 

   Luhan's phone rang in his pocket making both men jump at the sudden noise.

  "Sorry, babe. Let me take this, then I'll drive you to work."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: You liikkeeeee??? I liiiikkeeee.~ Okay. This is a start. Hope you enjoy it!!!! More DRAMARAMA to be written for later chapters. Love you <3