Chapter 1

Heartquake 2. Sungmins tale

Most people call lee Sungmin a , Sungmin ignores this because A) it’s not really true and B) who gives a what people say anyhow. She knows where the reputation comes from, and sure its not entirely unfounded, she has slept with a handful of guys since losing her ity to Kangin, but what the issue really arises from is that Sungmin doesn’t like to turn down a date. Her opinion is if she says no to a first date with someone how does she know she’s not missing out on something amazing, like meeting the one. So sure she's dated lots and it somehow got around SM girls high school that she’s a , but Sungmin doesn’t care, and really she knows better.

Losing her ity to Kangin had been an experience, it had been a couple of years earlier when she had been only 16, Kyuhyun had been dating some college guy named Changmin, back in the days when she had dated instead of focusing on school work, and Sungmin had been dragged along with her to a college party one Friday night. It was there she had met him, and as she had watched Changmin and her friend sneak off to an empty bedroom she had thought ‘why not?’. Kangin it turned out that night was not ‘the one’ but Sungmin decided to visit him a few times afterwards just to be sure.

Sungmin had worked in the restaurant for about 6 months the first time she saw Mr.Choi walk in, he had a satchel on his shoulder and when the hostess seated him in Sungmins bay she had nearly fainted. Most of the girls in the school had a crush on the history teacher and Sungmin was no exception, he was tall and handsome, hard dark hair, and at 29 was a lot younger than most of the other teachers at school. Sungmin braced herself for an awkward teacher-student outside of school encounter, straightened her shirt, and walked over. “Hi I’m Sungmin, I’ll be your waitress this evening, can I take a drinks order or do you need a minute?” Sungmin could feel a slight blush creep on to her cheeks and a hitch in her breathing as Mr.Choi looked up from the papers he was starting to get out of his bag and into Sungmin’s eyes. “oh Sungmin-ah! I didn’t know you worked here” he smiled and Sungmin suddenly felt very warm “I would love a coffee and a slice of cake whilst I grade these papers if you don’t mind, in fact keep the coffees coming I’m grading the lower years”. Sungmin smiled back and nodded slightly taking his order for cake to the counter and getting him a coffee from the bar. When she went back to the table with his order he was frowning, a wrinkle forming between his eyebrows as he underlined an entire passage of someone's paper with a red pen, covered it in question marks and wrote ‘see me’ in big letters. “that doesn’t look good for somone” Sungmin commented as she put his drink and cake onto the table. Mr.Choi smiled at her again and laughed a little “Honestly I wish all my students paid as much attention as you do in class, I’m forever confiscating people’s phones, and this person has clearly copy and pasted this section of her paper from the internet and somehow managed to merge together two completely different pieces of information.” Sungmin laughed, partly at Mr.Choi’s accusation and partly at the fact she paid absolutely no attention in class, she spent the time mentally undressing him with the rest of the class, luckily Kyuhyun was a genius and being Sungmin’s best friend let her photocopy her notes at the end of each class!

Mr.Choi stayed for the majority of Sungmin’s shift, every now and then looking up for her to get another coffee whilst he worked through his stack of papers and each time engaging Sungmin in conversation. It was nice, and for a while Sungmin forgot he was her teacher and found herself gently flirting. Mr.Choi seemed oblivious to this but tipped Sungmin well when he settled his bill and said goodbye with a “See you in class tomorrow Sungmin-ah” which brought her crashing back to reality. 

After the first time Mr.Choi came in for coffee and a cake it became a regular occurrence, he would come and sit in the corner booth and grade his papers, Sungmin would bring him coffees and cake, occasionally he would have a meal, and he would always talk to Sungmin throughout the night and tip her at the end of the evening. When she asked him about his evening visits to the restaurant he stated that it was on his way home, he found it good value for money and he got more work done than if he went straight home. “well except when you are working Ming” Sungmin flushed a little at Mr.Choi using her nickname “I seem to spend most of my evening talking with you at the moment, you are rather distracting”. He faltered after saying this, mouth opening and closing a few times, face reddening before he cleared his throat a few times “A..a anyway, I should get back to it and let you get to work” he smiled and turned back to his last few papers eyes wild. “Yes sir” Sungmin purred at him,grinned and practically bounced back to her servers station to fold napkins, she had been pretty sure all week that Mr.Choi (Siwon, she had learned from the one time he had paid on card instead of cash) had been flirting back with her, but part of her had thought maybe it was wishful thinking, but it had definitely had some effect on her teacher if that was anything to go by, and if there was one thing Sungmin knew in life it was when someone was interested in her.