Chapter 6

The Only Star in the Sky

A/N

First ever A/N! Yay! I was never planning on writing one but the comment section was a bit too quiet so I decided to make noise!! (Not literal) It's kinda boring if I don't comunicate so I guess I'll start here. At the moment, it's exam season AGAIN so I may not  be able to update as much but after this I'll try my best to write as much as I can. 

So far the story is a bit boring and frustrating (as I read through it) but I have plans to spice it up but don't expect too much XD I don't write that good.

Anyways, I want to thank you all for commenting, subscribing and voting. It's not much but I appreciate every single one. It gives me a boost of confidence and maybe self-esteem that I have probably lost throughout the years xD

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

PS. if you spotted any mistakes, don't hesitate to tell me. I don't bite ;)

ENJOY!

Vanillachococafe

 

Chapter 6: Park Sooyoung's Life

 

After the decision of staying on Earth for a bit longer, Sungjae never ignored his duties from his homeland. Communication was constant between himself and his advisers. Not only that, he also worked and investigated Sooyoung's case at the same time. 

Changsub travelled frequently to and back. In the span of two weeks, he had returned back to Sooyoung's mansion with over five hundred ancient books. It was forbidden to remove these books from the palace as it contained information no other beings must see. However, this case was a bit different. Sungjae was not allowed to go back. Irene's guess was something evil was lurking in his home land that was targetting him. She couldn't think of any other reason other than that.

While letting both men stay in the house, Irene knew Sooyoung will be safe. She continued doing her own work in her own laboratory and visit after working hours. During her visit, she would report to Sungjae directly for any changes in her research. At the same time, Sungjae reported any tiny thing that happened to Sooyoung. After their quick exchange, she would perform her usual routine such as delivering food to Sooyoung and freshening her up.

She felt a bit sad after knowing Sooyoung never had any other major reaction after that. She was hoping that with Sungjae in the house, she would be up and bright again within the 2 weeks they were there. Unfortunately, no such change occured. However, she would move parts on her body by only a tiny bit such as her fingers or toes. Other than that, she was the same. 

She sighed for probably the millionth time that night. Irene held Sooyoung's hand and caressed it as she looked out the window where the beautiful full moon shone brightly. The clear skies made it even more spectacular. "You should see this Sooyoung. The moon is so pretty just like you."

Irene glanced at the dazed beauty and not even a twitch response came from her. "I think I forgot to introduce to you our guests and they have been living here for 2 weeks now. It's not too late, is it? You're not mad, are you?"

A single tiny movement from Sooyoung's index finger gave her the 'okay'. 'At least she can communicate back a little now,' she thought to herself.

"Let me tell who they are," she made herself comfortable on the chair just beside the bed. She pulled the blanket even further up Sooyoung's body to keep her warm. "Scientists have been trying to find other life outside of Earth. Decades after decades of search, they haven't found one yet. Do you know why? Because humans must never find out about our being. Humans are greedy and selfish and this is what makes them human. Why am I talking about this? It's because the king of the star closest to us is living under the same roof as ourselves. You could also say he is the most important in the solar system. It's because of him that we have life, heat and light. Of course he did not make the sun but it is his responsibility to keep everything going. To keep the sun burning. To keep us all orbiting."

She chuckled. Stories that were coming out of were stories that were forbidden to be told to humanity. She knew she was actively listening but there was no harm in telling. Sooyoung was one of the few exceptions. 

"He is a great man with top looks that even shames Park Bogum and I see Park Bogum as the most handsome human on Earth. Maybe that's why I...." She stopped talking for a while, thinking of what to say next. There was so many to tell but she wanted Sooyoung to be looking at her interested as she blabbed on and on about the life on the sun. 

"Anyways," she continued on. "The man constantly with him is Changsub, his right hand man. I don't know if he can be depended on but he is an okay type of guy. His face is charming as you saw there but there is something missing... Ah, I know. Fidelity. He is missing one of those. He keeps going around looking at girls and his oogling eyes seem to make them fall for him. A reason why I don't understand human women. Speaking of women, I don't know about Sungjae, His Highness, though. He should have a queen beside him to rule the star but for thousands and maybe millions of years now, he hasn't found one. He should really find one soon because I heard that it takes very long time to train a king of the sun. You heard that right. It has to be a king. So ridiculous."

Irene suddely felt thirsty. She took the glass of water at the bedside table and took a a few sips. As she drank the water....

"He cannot love because of me...."

Irene had to stop everything, including her breathing to know if she was hearing things or not. She looked at Sooyoung for a bit longer and concluded she was indeed imagining things. She couldn't have talked, no way. When Irene was going to take another sip, Sooyoung spome again, barely in a whisper.

"He has no ability to love because that is his punishment." Irene carefully placed the glass down and listened intently to what Sooyoung was saying. She was talking. Sooyoung's lips were moving and that action alone gave Irene the relief she had been eagerly waiting. Irene's eyes glistened as she continued to listen.

"There is nobody to replace him and the Sun has to continue to shine for everybody to live on. His memories were wiped out and his heart taken out. That is his punishment."

Irene had no business whatsoever with the life of the sun king but she just wanted Sooyoung to continue talking so she asked her like how a mother talks to her very sick child, "Why was he being punished?"

Sooyoung's hoarse voice spoke, "Because he loved a moon goddess. Because he loved me. A person from the moon and a person from the sun cannot love each other. They are too different."

Irene wiped her tears and wiped Sooyoung's tears which cascaded ever so gently down her smooth cheeks. "And what was your punishment?"

Sooyoung's eyes continued to be in a daze and even more tears fell. Irene held her hand as tightly she could, conveying to her that everything was going to be alright. That she would be protected away from everything because Irene would be there to fight them off. 

"My payment is my love, my memories and myself. All that was left of me was a shell."

 

 

Three stacks of books filled the desk borrowed by Sungjae. Changsub was at his side looking at each fragile paper in hoped to find what he was looking for. 

"Did you find it?" Sungjae continued to write and asked Changsub without taking a glance. 

"Not a single mention of such being is in any of these books. Why don't we try searching the web?" he said with clear sarcasm.

Sungjae didn't bother to respond to such a stupid suggestion. From his own little research, a lot of things can be made up in the land of the net. And if it was plausible, there was no concrete proof that such a thing does exist or did happened. An example would be how the planet Earth was made. All theories up to date was reasonable but no evidence was concrete enough to actually justify that it actually happened. Two planets collided with each other? Maybe. An powerful deity created everything within the span of 7 days? Maybe. Sungjae would love to tell  but it was not his story to share. 

"Even if you search the net, nothing relevant will show. Only facts created by the mind."

"Facts created by the mind are not facts, Your Highness. They are called lies."

"And what is the point of this conversation?"

Changsub loosened his body on the chair and started whining. "I want a ten minute break. Is that too much to ask?"

WIth perfect timing, Irene entered the spacious office holding a tray with 2 glasses of orange juice and a platter full of slices of sandwiches. 

"OOHHHHHH!!!! Did you make this Irene?" Changsub took a careful glance at the beauty of the food... because he was hungry after working days at a time without any break. 

"I don't have any specialties from the Sun so I hope this will do," she shyly spoke. Sungjae removed his glasses, which he was forced to wear by none other than his loyal servant, and took a look at the grace being brought by Irene. He could feel himself starving and anything to eat would do. Being picky was not an option. He has lived for many, many years and that didn't mean that he was completely immortal. There would be a time where his life would be depleted and a new king would replace him to rule over the Sun for millions, maybe billions of years.

"I didn't know you wear glasses, Your Highness." She placed the tray down on the desk and she could feel Changsub smirking at the sides.

"Ask the lunatic man over there for explanations. And thanks for the... umm....."

"Sandwiches." she finished his sentence for him, looking at bit bashful. "I hope it's to your liking."

Sungjae took a slice and bit a huge portion before giving Irene the approval by showing a thumbs up. "Where did you learn that?" questioned Changsub at Sungjae's little gesture. The replied he got was a shrug that made Irene giggle. Sungjae continued eating and chewing while Changsub continued looking at the two like they were a compatible couple and he was cupid.

In Changsub's mind, he was planning a whole lot of forced destinies and hope that his majesty will learn to love somebody. Who else was perfect for that position other than the most gorgeous girl living on planet Earth. Not only that, she was the from the same star. They were perfect for each other. Their children would have top quality and unbelievable looks that would be the source of envy. 

"You will thank me for this later, Sungjae," he muttered under his breath and left the two in the room, out of their own world.