Boy in the storm

Storm

Park Chanyeol; Just as the name sounds like, he was a pretty ordinary boy in his youth.

As a college student he just spent his days through studies, exams, gatherings, parties, fooling around; ah! Yeah dating. Even though he wasn't "the playboy" in the university he was a known flirt. Thanks to his handsome face, charismatic talk and friendly manner he looked like a flirt than he really was. 
                                             Through his two years and continuing collage life, Chanyeol's longest affair was only for two months. Whenever he got into an affair he just plans few dates with his partner and as soon as three or four dates he gets bored and break off. Usually he lets the other one to decide where to go for the first two dates and, if he didn’t get bored he plan another date. Maybe two or three if he want to enjoy some time more with the same person.

But it was all until his eyes met with a special brunet.


Under the thick glass frame, chanyeol found those puppy eyes really attractive. Soon he felt the urge to add that petit boy into his "have dated” list. 


                                  In the evening Chanyeol saw those puppy eyes hovering over the text books scattered on the desk. Chanyeol quietly admired the sight how the soft sun rays add a golden color to that little fellow’s hair as he slowly get into his side.
“Hi Baekhyun! Doing homework? Professor Hwang is quite tough with homework assignments , isn’t he?” Chanyeol casually asked as he sits down beside the brunet. 


The latter one looked at chanyeol in a totally confused way. Even though they are in the same class for almost two years Chanyeol wasn’t the type to chit-chat with him. 
Yet, Beakhyun’s instincts reply. “yeah…”
“did you just reply me or blurted it out?” Chanyeol asked teasingly looking at totally surprised Beakhyun.


At that moment he himself surprised how the brunet feels so tiny beside his giant frame.
 “Why are you so surprised? Did I disturb you or…” Chanyeol couldn’t finish the question as Baekhyun blurted out for the second time fixing his eyes to Chanyeol . “no!!!” 


“Then?” Chanyeol flashed his well known charming smile, thinking this boy would be pretty easy to play with. Like he was affected by the sweet smile Baekhyun looked down. 


“No” he said again. This time more softly . “It’s because. ..because. .. I’m not that much…uh… popular. …I mean. .. nope…uh…” 


Chanyeol couldn’t take his look away from the shuttering male , collecting words as it is the hardest thing in the world to do. 
“Not popular? ! Aaei,  do you think I’m only chit-chatting with ‘famous’ buddies?  “ he asked.


“Actually you are more popular in the college due to your ‘all-the-world’s-burdens-are-on-me’ look” but he didn’t say that.


“And why are you shuttering? Someone might think that I’m bullying you ” he asked again.
Actually in baekhyun’s point of view it is what chanyeol is doing. For the introverted shy boy, even the presence of this extrovert happy-go-lucky boy feels like a bullying.


Few minutes of silence broke by Chanyeol “Don’t you like to make new friends? Usually boys at our age are pretty social you know. Don’t you like to have a chat with me? How about doing homework assignments together? “  Chanyeol asked study-related questions because he thought it would be easy to be close with this boy if he start up as a study buddy.


It took a while for Baekhyun to note that Chanyeol’s waiting for a reply. 
“uh… it’s not like that . I…I would be so glad to have you as a study buddy” 


Wow this guy is super polite. And wait!!! Is he blushing? Wow. Is it because he is too introverted and always  worrying  about things? Or by any chance does he have a secret crush on me?  Chanyeol’s mind filled with so many questions as the latter’s soft voice continues.
“and since I’m little bit busy with some matters… uhh… I just do my homework now and then… I mean… I don’t have the time to study for few hours continuously. So I don’t think I can be a nice study partner for you or be a chat buddy. “ 


“hey…. What do you mean by that?!”
“I mean since I’ve some matters …”


“a~ so you mean as long as you can’t spend so much time just only for someone or something you should abundant all those things and contacts ! OMG! “ chanyeol asked laughing but he didn’t notice how much surprise that causes baekhyun coz chanyeol just  guess the right point.

****************

 

For the next week there was frequent 'hi's and 'hello's between Baekhyun and Chanyeol where they become somewhat close to one another.

                     Even though Baekhyun's shuttering and shyness didn't completely disappear; it starts to fade away due to their frequent encounters. In another hand Chanyeol find the little boy with brown bangs across his puppy eyes more and more attractive. 

                                            After another few days, being the blunt character he is, Chanyeol asked Baekhyun out. He was sure that Baek will accept him right away.

But causing to his confusion Baekhyun kindly reject him pointing out the same reason as before ;
 "I have some other matters to taken care of".
But for Chanyeol, he doesn't want to lose this pretty brunet that easily. 
"I've told you Baekhyun. There's no need to devote yourself for me. I'm asking to share some of your time with me. "
"But Chanyeol-ah... "
"No 'but's buddy" Chanyeol disturbed him, smirking.
"From this moment onward I'm following you. And I'll consider it as a date"
"Chanyeol-ah..." Baekhyun whined. Yet Chanyeol's sharp eyes were able to catch the accepting smile between the small boy’s lips.

________*************_________

"Ok then. Now where are we going for our first date?" Chanyeol asked teasingly as he followed Baek to the bus stop.
"To the hospital " the soft voice answered.


"Hospital?!"


"Hmm... My mom's sick." 
"Don't worry. She's not in a serious condition. It's just a flu. Doctor said that she'll be totally fine after few days." Baekhyun quickly explained after noticing the concerned look in Chanyeol's eyes.

"Ah..." Chanyeol replied.

"Why are you looking so serious after I said that my mom's sick? I'm thought you are just a free spirit not caring about anyone" Baekhyun finally woke up his voice as they silently ride the bus.

Chanyeol laughed as he spoke.


"I'm pretty concerned about the people I love"

"Then why are you dumping them after few dates?"

"Coz I only concerned about the 'people I love' Baek. "

"That means... uh.... you love me?"

"Hmmm. Let's say I want to give you a try." Chanyeol replied himself wandering about the something.

"But then why you are so conc..."

"Hey... we are just making ourselves confusing. Shouldn't we get off from the next stop? Come on dude. Let's go"
Chanyeol smoothly changed the subject.
The giant noticed the confusion of the petit boy's face ; but he missed the concerned worrying look hidden behind it.

_________********____________

As they entered to the room where Baekhyun's mom was lying on a bed Chanyeol understood from where did Baekhyun received his good looks.


Baekhyun helped his mom to move into a more comfortable position as she sat.
"Anyeonghaseyo omoni. I'm  Baekhyun's friend Park Chanyeol" Chanyeol greeted with a warm smile.
She flashed a warm smile in response. 
She's so pretty.

Yet, she looked so tired. 
Chanyeol could remember that Baekhyun also carrying that look in his face.

"I'm so glad to meet you Chanyeol. Hope you'll be a great friend to my Baekhyun " 

"Of course." Chanyeol busted out laughing and winking at Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun-ah, omma will be able to go home by tomorrow evening. My puppy was so worried aren't you? Now that's alright. Omma is alright now. Ok?"
Her happy news was replied with a relieving sigh from Baekhyun and a shrill of joy from the tall boy.

They keep on talking for about an hour and said good bye as the gentle lady hug both of them and bid them good night.

Chanyeol accompanied the brunette as he entered to a nearby shop to have some ramyeon.

"See, I told you. You shouldn't devote  a whole day for a date. And it needn't to be filled with expensive  stuff." Chanyeol explained with his deep voice while enjoying some ice cream after having noodles.
"Don't you think today was pretty great for a first date?"

Baekhyun only flashed a smile in response.
Chanyeol became completely mesmerized with the sweet smile ; he missed the worrying look blended in those puppy eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

********************************************

Forgive me for my grammar errors and typos. 

Hope you'll enjoy reading 😊😊😊

Saranghae chingudeul 😙😙😙😙😙