Kiss My Lips

Beautiful Hangover

 

 

     Youngbae woke up with the worst hangover of his life; the inside of his head pounding like a bass drum. He didn't even dare open his eyes at first. He rolled over & swung his arm toward his nightstand to grab his phone so he could check the time. But instead of his phone, his hand landed on a... a book? 

     "Huh?" he mumbled, as he slowly opened his eyes. 

     This was not his bedroom. 

     "Where am I?!?" he thought, looking around frantically. 

     He was alone in a room he’d never seen before. 

     Maybe it was a motel.

     No. It looked too homey for that. 

     Suddenly, he heard noises like the clinking of dishes from beyond the door across the room from him. 

     "Someone else is here?!?" he thought, feeling panicky. He needed to get out of there! Now!

     He rocketed out of the bed like he'd been stung, but instantly regretted the sudden movement as it only made his head hurt worse. It hurt so badly he almost didn't notice the breezy feeling in his nether regions. He glanced down & was shocked to see that he was as as the day he'd been born. 

     He quickly jumped back onto the edge of the bed & covered himself with the blankets. He didn't want whoever was out there to see him like this. 

     Then it occurred to him that maybe they already had. 

      He groaned. 

     "What happened last night anyway?!?" he wondered aloud. 

     Was it a one night stand? Because that wasn’t really his style. In fact, he kind-of hated the thought. 

     Bae was particular. He wanted to fall in love, not just sleep with someone. But to his chagrin, he realized that he might have done exactly that. He honestly couldn’t remember. 

     He remembered his 3 best friends, Seungri & Jiyong & Seunghyun talking him in to going out with them the previous evening. 

 

     "It's been months since you broke up with your girlfriend," Seungri had said

     "It's time for you to meet someone new," Ji added & Seunghyun nodded in agreement. 

     Bae didn’t really want to be forced out of his little cocoon of misery, but he'd been putting his friends off for ages & he felt a little guilty for not spending more time with them. So, in the end, he finally agreed to go. 

     Once at the bar, it seemed he decided to drink away every sorrow that he'd ever had. The alcohol was just starting to take affect when he made his way to the dance floor. 

     That's when Bae saw him: the beautiful man dancing in the corner. 

     He had fluffy hair that just begged you to drag your fingers through it, a smile that lit up the whole room (& completely enveloped his eyes), a body that impressed even the well-built Youngbae, & the way he moved those hips was positively sinful. 

     Maybe it was the alcohol in his system, but Bae felt an instant attraction. He’d never been so swept away. What was it about this guy? Bae had never been attracted to a man before. If he wasn't absolutely sure he was straight, Bae might have thought it was love at first sight. 

     Just then, the guy looked directly at him, raised his wine glass a bit, smiled, & winked. Bae's heart leapt. He forgot all about ual orientation. All he could think was that he had to talk to the man with the tempting body & angelic smile. He had to.

     But first, he'd need a little more liquid courage. 

 

     "Ugh..." Bae groaned again, rubbing his temples. He couldn't remember anything after that. But he vividly remembered the feeling he had gotten when he looked at that gorgeous face. It was as if his whole world had stopped on a dime. 

     "It can't be love at first sight." he mumbled, feeling rather ridiculous for even considering the idea of falling in love with a complete stranger. Especially when he could no longer remember anything about them. 

     “I don't even know if any of it was real,” he thought. “It might have been a dream. I can't even remember his name. How could I be in love with someone if I don't even know their name?”

     His head felt muddled, & he was confused by the whole situation. But try as he might, he couldn't recall anything more from last night. He just remembered that wink. And then he woke up in a strange bed. That’s all he knew. 

     If only he could remember... Something. Anything. Maybe it would give meaning to all this. Or at least part of it. Anything had to be better than nothing. Right?

    He groaned in frustration at his own stupidity & dropped his head into his hands. 

     He felt, rather than heard, someone come up beside him. A well-muscled arm reached around him to place a steaming cup of coffee on the nightstand. A bottle of aspirin appeared in front of him & he heard a husky voice by his ear say, "I thought you might need this." 

     Bae's eyes widened & his groin tightened. 

     He remembered that angelic voice in his ear last night whispering, "Kiss my lips." 

     Everything came rushing back. He remembered it all: the passion... the man... all of it.

     He breathlessly whispered a single name: the name he knew meant everything. 

     "Daesung.”