don't kiss and run

Kiss & Run

Taeyang thinks about everything. Taeyang thinks about maybe not confessing his liking towards the green-haired younger man is the good choice. Or maybe, letting out the pain from his chest is the good idea. He can't choose. He have told the youngest member, Chani, his feelings towards the man and Chani have told him to go for it, but Taeyang isn't sure about it so he asks again every time he and Chani are alone. Chani tries not to get annoyed so here they are. Talking about the eldest's problem, again. In the hotel room they shared together with Hwiyoung.

"You know, you don't have to worry. You can just sneak out to date, share kisses sneakily, I don't know, if you want a thing, there would always be a way." Chani shared his thought cautiously, trying not to roll his eyes at the older man.

"Well what if-" Taeyang excused. 

"Cut off the what ifs. Hyung, you should know better. You've been saying what ifs every time i try to give an advice." Chani suddenly felt hurt at his last words. He feels like it's true.

"No! I just- I don't know. The media is dangerous." Said Taeyang as he bowed down his head. Suddenly he heard a clap that made him jump and looked up to see that it came from the younger man.

Looking confused, Taeyang was about to ask why he clapped but Chani spoke before he could ask. "Hyung, love shouldn't be like that. You know we can't always pretend we like the idea of the media, sure we're entertainers, idols, but like, this kind of life wouldn't always stay like this. We have our own life, the life that our parents give us and- I don't know, just," he paused, thinking what he were saying are off-topic. "I know you get my point. If you think what you feel is real and that you can make it work, the both of you, then bam. It's going to be worth it." Said the young rapper, almost breathless as he finished the last sentence whilst he noticed the impressed expression of his hyung. 

"I don't know what advice I can give you hyung. I mean I've never fell in love so. But, if you want to hold his hands so bad and you can't say a word at the time of your confession— kiss him then you'll might find your words." Chani shrugged his shoulders as he lay down on his hotel bed, grabbing his phone on his left side to play.

Almost ignoring Taeyang's impressed expression on his right side and the next words the older had said, "Are you telling me to kiss him? ... Then confess?" Chani had just brought his thumbs up to say yes, feeling lazy to nod and say a word.

"Who's going to kiss who?" Hwiyoung asked as he entered the room and heard the kissing thing as Taeyang quickly turned his head around on Hwiyoung — surprise, shock, and panic entered his whole body  —  "No one!" Taeyang may have been gotten too defensive as his voice was too high-pitched and it was pretty deafening that had Hwiyoung surprised on his answer.

Taeyang saw the look on his face and quickly registered back to reality as he coughed, "I mean, no one. Why are you here? I thought you'd be talking to Inseong hyung?" Taeyang repeated with much more a normal voice and alters the subject.

Hwiyoung dropped the 'kissing thing' subject and let his bag land on a sofa near the bathroom door, "Well I decided I wanted to sleep and prepare my mind for our concert, and Inseong hyung let me so I'm here," Hwiyoung paused. Eye-ing the both guys, the long pause made Chani look up at him and curiosity filled Taeyang and Chani's mind, assuming there's still something Hwiyoung wanted to say. "But seems like you guys are having a deep talk and you don't want me to be here, and I guess, I can go if you want me to." Hwiyoung finished talking, the two boys noticed he was most likely referring to the kissing subject and Taeyang's question to him earlier. But Taeyang was fast enough to catch on before the green-haired man could leave.

"What! Of course not! We weren't talking about something deep—err, of course we want you here! This is your room too—you should sleep," The young rapper let the older man to take care of it and smiled absently when the older man stammered. He looked back on his phone, after noticing that Hwiyoung won't leave base on his reaction on Taeyang's response. 

Hwiyoung, though, didn't mind how the older man's voice sounded off, nor give him a suspicious look. He just gave him a weak smile and went to his bed to have a beauty sleep. Left side to Chani's bed, was his bed. And Taeyang's bed, where the older man has been sitting now and near to bathroom and main door, was on the right side of Chani's bed.

Taeyang looked over Hwiyoung to see if he was sleeping, his soft snores proved it. Chani was glancing at his hyung on how he carefully watched the boy fall asleep. Taeyang then looked at Chani, with his right hand on his chest.

"Good heavens, I was having a heart attack." Chani just let out a quiet laugh and returned his face on his phone.

-

"O sole mio, te quiero, neon nae taeyang garil su eopseo.."

"CUT. Taeyang, we've been practicing over and over again. What happened? You are the main dancer but your moves are sloppy and your voice sounds like it's gonna break anytime sooner," The choreographer shared his thought with Taeyang as he points out the young man's mistakes. Taeyang could only mumble a sorry and bowed his down a little.

"Let's take a break. Taeyang, fix your moves. Tomorrow is the concert if you want a reminder." The choreographer had left them, and also left Taeyang wrecked about what he said.

"You okay there?" Youngbin asked the boy, while he throws a cool water bottle to which Taeyang had catch successfully.

Taeyang nodded as he gulped down the water from the bottle. "You sure? You know I'm always-" "I'm fine, hyung. You don't have to worry." Taeyang assured the leader with a smile as he wiped off the bits of water that were on his lips. Youngbin then just give his head a pat and a returned smile.

Three hours later of practicing, the choreographer had praised Taeyang when he noticed that he was getting better again which made Taeyang happy but still not contented enough about his dance.

"Good job, everyone! Have a good rest today, I wish the best of you kids tomorrow. Good luck!" The nine boys thanked the choreographer as they bowed down several times to show respect. They all went to their hotel to have a good sleep before their big day tomorrow as they finished their other rehearsals but Taeyang excused himself to practice his moves.

About one hour later, Taeyang was met with the presence of Hwiyoung.

"Hwi? What are you doing here?" Taeyang stopped his dancing when he saw the green-haired man's presence as he wiped his sweat with a towel. 

"I'm worrying about you, hyung." Taeyang could only stare at him, silence with heavy breaths from Taeyang filled the empty stage. As he was staring, he couldn't help himself to look at Hwiyoung's lips. His lips looked so soft. He wanna taste it so bad and make it his, for only to kiss. 

"I-I-I'm f-fine." Hwiyoung was coming near with a concerned look on his face. And Taeyang was surprised to feel the warmth touch of his hand on his forehead. Their faces was only inches apart.

"You aren't sick, but your face looks red and hot. Are you alright, hyung? Do you want me to get you a water?" Asked Hwiyoung without removing his hand on his forehead, still sharing a look between him and Taeyang. 

Taeyang's lips has been dry and cannot speak. He thinks the world has stopped moving as their eyes still locking with each other. Hwiyoung's eyes was telling something Taeyang can't tell. Taeyang thinks it has been hours when they're looking at each other. And when he was thinking, his eyes fell into Hwiyoung's soft, thin lips, again. Taeyang thought: ‘Maybe I should give this a go,

Taeyang his lips before leaning down on the younger man's. Hwiyoung's right hand was still on his forehead and Taeyang had cupped the younger man's face when he thinks this is about time to finally do it. To finally kiss the boy who bothered his mind and heart for weeks. ‘Maybe this is the time,’ Taeyang thought and closed his eyes.

And when their lips met, it was a soft kiss Taeyang had expected when the boy's lips looked soft. It was an innocent and pure kiss. Taeyang was longing for more. When they kissed, Hwiyoung slowly removed his hand that had Taeyang's mind go back to reality. 

​​"Wait- I- I'm sorry." Taeyang ran back to their hotel room as quickly as he can. Leaving the poor Hwiyoung all alone with confused thoughts and a stinging heart.

-

So, Taeyang avoided Hwiyoung until the start of their concert. Hwiyoung felt hurt but gave the older the space he needed. Not until they were on the backstage, minutes before their concert. Hwiyoung decided to talk to him.

"Hyung?" Taeyang looked up at the voice that was calling him and recognized the voice. Taeyang felt a blush creeping up on his face but was fast enough to hide it.

"Yes?" "Am I bothering you?" Now they are having a face-to-face talk that Taeyang wasn't prepared for.

"What? Of course not! I-" Taeyang paused, looking at something else to avoid Hwiyoung's intense and burning stare.

"I just wanna know," Hwiyoung his dry lips before continuing, "if I'm bothering you—and on top of that, there's still something I wanna know and want you to know." Taeyang swallows the lump on his throat as he looked at the boy in front of him and seeing that the boy isn't giving him the burning stare anymore.

But then Hwiyoung glanced at him again. "Do you like me? Because I do and— I don't want to overreact but you and Chani seems like a thing and—I don't know. I like you, hyung. I was happy when you kissed me but I hate it when you just ran and don't tell me anything. I've liked you since I saw you singing in the practice room. Your aura and your voice gives me a butterfly feeling in my stomach, I was just so so happy when you made the move and kissed me and I thought you and Chani aren't really a thing— but you left me hanging and—" Before Hwiyoung could speak more, he was surprised to feel the older man's lips against his.

Taeyang was suddenly glad no one was there at the moment he kissed Hwiyoung. He was so happy the other felt the same way and he felt like he needed to thank Chani for this.

"I like you too. I like you so ing much. Sometimes I just wanna hold your hand, tell you you've got the greatest voice I've ever heard," Taeyang spoke up after he pulled away into their kiss and putting his forehead against the other's. As they were feeling each other's warm breaths, Hwiyoung smiled at what the older man had said and replied, "I should be saying that to you. You've got the amazing singing voice I've heard. You got me thinking why I wasn't yours and why you aren't mine,"

Both boys smiled at that, and Taeyang kissed him again. Much more passionate this time. "I'm yours." Taeyang held his hands, finally. He was so happy.

"Ah! My eyes!" When both boys were smiling in their own world, Chani appeared with the sight he didn't want to see and covers his eyes playfully.

"So you guys finally get together? Nice, I'm happy. But please continue that lovey-dovey next time, we still have our concert!" The two boys laughed happily with their youngest member and friend's playful exasperation.

"Let's go!" Said Taeyang, his happy smile still on his face and Hwiyoung's as the three of them went to the 'final' backstage to prepare their mics, themselves and etc.

‘My life is going to be much more better now.’ Taeyang's mind speaks as he thought about he and Hwiyoung are finally together, s with him, and hearing Fantasys screaming for them. He was happy.

 

— The End.

constructive criticism, thoughts, comments and upvotes are always welcomed. sorry if my english grammars isn't quite so nice ;; i may add a bonus chapter. thank you for reading!