Waiting Room

Waiting Room

As soon as she passed through the front door, he felt like fainting. Sangmin had to admit she was jaw dropping. Each step forward was taken with elegance and confidence. The woman wasn't, however, even a little bit dressed up. She wore torn jeans and a basic black T-shirt that went well with the equally black high tops. Her hair was almost as short as his and she was barefaced. He could easily tell she was a foreigner.  American? European? Hardly an Asian.

“Excuse me?”, she spoke to him in a polished Korean. “Where can I find Mr. Park?”

“Y-Yes?”, he couldn't form a proper sentence at first but then came to his senses. “Oh, he's probably upstairs. He said he had to get some papers. You can wait here.”

“Thank you.” She said while nodding in understanding and took a seat next to his. “Are you here because of his services?” The woman asked, but it seemed as if she regretted a second later.

“Yes. I need a lawyer for… Some stuff.” He couldn't say he had a debt. Of course he couldn't have her but she wanted to talk to her like a regular guy would for a little while.

“Oh, sure…” She knew it was an obvious question but Sangmin just thought she was cute for asking it anyway. “I’m here because I hit some guy.”

“You hit on some guy?” He thought he had heard it wrong. Maybe she had said it incorrectly for being a foreigner.

“No, I punched him in the face.” She told him and pretended to hit him to show. “He stole my…” She hesitated. “Something important.”

“I see.”

The two became silent. Sangmin had no idea how to continue a conversation and he was a bit scared of her now. She still looked stunning, though.

“I failed a few businesses and I became indebted.” He gave up. “I'm slowly recovering, though.”

“I know.” She smiled. “You're amazing.”

What the actual ?

“You knew it all along?”

“He stole my Roo’ra poster.”

“What?” He asked in confusion.

“The guy I hit.” She explained. “He stole my Roo’ra poster. I'm a fan.”

“Oh.” Sangmin didn't know what to say. He was a bit embarrassed, but he couldn't stop smiling. That woman was his fan? Just how?

She stared at the clock and sighed.

“, I'll be late.” She talked to herself and stood up. “I'll have to leave.”

Sangmin was a bit disappointed. Why did she have to leave now? He didn't notice when she grabbed a piece of paper and wrote something on it until she handed it to him.

“Let's grab coffee sometime.” The woman said. “I'll tell you about my crime.” She waved goodbye and left.

He checked the piece of paper she gave him and his heart fluttered as if he was back to being a teenager. It was her phone number.

“Mr. Lee Sangmin!” A male voice called him. It was Mr. Park, the lawyer. “You were all by yourself in the waiting room? I'm sorry for taking so long.”

“It's not a problem, Mr. Park.” He smiled by himself. “Let's talk.”