Merry Apocalypse

Merry Apocalypse {BTS ONE-SHOT}

Happy early Christmas I guess, have a little one-shot.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

“Of course the apocalypse had to happen during the holidays now we’re forced to listen to Christmas music for the rest of our lives.”

 

“Or until the power goes out.” Yoongi stopped glaring at a reindeer figurine to give Hoseok a tired look.

 

“Let me sulk okay.”

 

“Oh come on, it’s not that bad.”

 

Yoongi looked at him with confusion before walking over to a window that looked out to the parking lot, a small horde of undead holiday shoppers were walking around while some were hunched over what he could only assume were dead bodies.

 

“There are ing ZOMBIES outside!!” Yoongi yelled throwing his hands in the direction of the window.

 

“That’s a little insensitive, calling them zombies.”

 

Yoongi just looked at him with an incredulous look before letting out an irritated yell.




 

“Did you hear that Jungkook?” The smaller male asked while trailing the brown haired younger who was filling a bag with random things as they walked down an aisle of a camping goods store, “Do you think there’s someone else here?”

 

“Obviously there is Jimin, we can’t be the only ones to think a mall was a good place to hide.”

 

“Ah, I guess you’re right.” Jimin grabbed a yellow handled metal bat and swung it around a bit before tucking it into his own bag and catching up with Jungkook.

 

“We should probably try figuring out where to make a base, because to be honest Kook a sporting goods shop isn’t the most cozy place.”

 

“I know, I’m just getting some stuff to defend ourselves with and then we can go look for somewhere. I’m thinking that one home goods store on the second floor, it has beds we can sleep in.”

 

“Sounds good.” Jimin replied while running a hand through his hair.

 

“Okay, I think this is good. Let’s go to that store.”

 

Making their way out of the store the two started to some steps to head up to the second floor but before they could make it up the steps a loud voice stopped them.

 

“Stop! Don’t come any closer zombies, I have weapons!”

 

“Uh? Not zombies dude.” Jungkook replied with a raised eyebrow.

 

“How do I know you’re not lying?”

 

“Are you- we’re having a conversation! Zombies can’t talk!”

 

“That’s exactly what a zombie trying to trick me would say!”

 

“Oh my god, come on Jimin.” Jungkook said while continuing up the steps only to be pelted with balled up Christmas socks. “What the hell?”

 

“I’m warning you! Don’t come any further!”

 

“What is your deal? You can’t keep that whole store to yourself, it’s huge.”

 

“I can and will, now leave!”

 

“Make me!”

 

“Uh, Jungkook why don’t we go? We can find somewhere else to go.”

 

“Jiminie, this is the only store with beds.”

 

“It’s okay Jungkook, we don’t have to have beds.”

 

“But-” Jungkook wasn’t able to finish his sentence when suddenly an ornament came flying over the railing and barely missing Jimin.

 

“Be gone!” The voice yelled.

 

“Come on Jungkook, I’d rather not get hit with something.”

 

            After looking between Jimin and the barricaded steps the younger gave up with a huff and followed the blonde down the stairs and their search for a place to set up at began once more. The search wasn’t too hard and they decided on a furniture store neither of them knew existed and they both happily picked out a huge bed to share in the back of the store. Jungkook stomach growled and the both of the decided to head to the food court to search for food, both of them grabbed a bat and strapped it to their back with what was supposed to be arrow holders before leaving the store and making their way to where a bunch of chairs and table sat around messily.

 

“Okay Chim, what you in the mood for, pizza, Chinese, chicken, some cakes?”

 

“Chicken.” Jimin replied brightly and so the chicken stand is where they headed.

 

As they neared the food area loud clanging noises could be heard from the kitchen, Jungkook immediately placed a finger to his lips as he pulled his bat from the holder and quietly climbed over the counter before jumping into the kitchen, a loud scream and more clanking could be heard before it went quiet.

 

“Jungkook?”

 

“Namjoon?”

 

The two males stared wide eyed at each other before smiling wide and hugging one another. Jimin made his way into the tiny kitchen to see the scene, there was another male that just stood there wide eyed with his cheeks puffed out while a slightly orange glaze stuck to his pink lips.

 

“I’m glad to see you safe Jungkook.”

 

“Right back at you, sorry for scaring you like that.”

 

“It’s alright, I’m assuming you’re here for food?”

 

“Yeah, we’re both starving.”

 

“Oh? Who’s this?”

 

“Ah, this is Jimin. The one I told you about.” Jungkook coughed slightly while Namjoon eyed him with amusement even the man that was now clean of sauce had caught on and was smiling.

 

“Well nice to finally meet you Jimin, Kook here talks about you alot...like constantly.”

 

“Nice to meet you too, Namjoon was it?” The other male nodded.” And he does?”

 

“Yes, he never shuts up-”

 

“And who’s this Namjoon?”

 

“Oh yeah, this is Jin a coworker of mine.”

 

“That’s right you work in the home goods store right?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Yeah we tried going in there and it didn’t go well.”

 

“You guys met the weirdo on the second level?” Jin finally spoke up.

 

“Sort of, he just threw stuff at us.” Jimin replied.

 

“Yeah he did that to us to.” Namjoon said while ruffling his hair.

 

“Well, you guys got any leftover food to share?”

 

“No because this fatty here ate all of it.” Namjoon gestured to Jin who in turn hit the man on the arm with a loud smack.

 

“There is more we were going to make if you’d like it, though this one here almost broke the stove in the process so maybe he needs to just go sit out in the food court.”

 

“Always breaking stuff.” Jungkook just shook his head.



 

            After some arguing over whether Namjoon should get to cook or not, a large platter of freshly cooked chicken was being placed on a shiny green table as the four of them dug into the food. A comfortable silence overtook them as they ate away at the large pile, small grumbles of happiness coming from each as they ate happily. It wasn’t until a loud crash made them all look up from the food did they stop eating; in front of the four were two other males with wide eyes, one was holding his knee in pain while the other was holding onto the others sweater.

 

“Uh...chicken?” Jimin offered and the other two looked to each other a moment before nodding and joining them.

 

The men introduced themselves and soon were joking about as though the zombie apocolypse wasn’t going on right outside, like, they could literally see some of the dead outside from where they sat.

 

“So whats with the guy upstairs?”

 

“What guy?” Hoseok asked while wiping his hands off.

 

“There’s this guy on the second floor in the home goods store that's blocked off the steps and throws ornaments at you when you get too close.”

 

“What the .”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“We should overtake him, I mean there’s six of us and only one of him. We could do it.” Jungkook piped up.

 

“I’m down.”

 

“Same.”

 

After a collection of agreement the group was now stood staring up at the railing of where the man was holding up in a store.

 

“YO! Weirdo!”

 

“What?!” A voice came over.

 

“Let us up!” Namjoon yelled.

 

“Let me think about it….NO!”

 

“Oh come on man, you’ve got the biggest store to yourself. That’s not fair!”

 

“Go before I use my weapons of mass destruction!”

 

“You mean socks and plastic ornaments?”

 

It was silent a moment before there was a silent reply of ‘Maybe.’

 

“Come on man , just let us up. It’s safer up there and we have food.”

 

“...What type of food?”

 

The six looked at one another before Hoseok spoke up. “Chicken.”

 

“Oh why didn’t you say so, come on up.” The group shared confused looks before a sound of things being moved could be heard and the steps were clear.

 

The group made their way up the steps and finally they had a face to go with the deep voice.

 

“Hi I’m Taehyung, now where’s the chicken.” Sliding the plastic container from his bag Jin handed it over and Taehyung immediately popped it open and began eating while turning and motioning them to follow him into the store.

 

           After a silent 15 minutes of Taehyung eating and the others finding comfortable places to put their stuff they were now all sitting on a large sofa with a flat screen in front of them that was playing Rudolph. A tin can of colorful cookies had been opened and were being shared between the members of the newly established friend group while small conversation was being shared. Jimin looked over at a wall clock and noted the time before turning back to his new friends.

 

“Merry Christmas guys.”

 

The other looked around and smiled at one another before Taehyung piped up.

 

“More like Merry Apocalypse, right?”

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

While writing this all I could imagine was Tae laying on a huge bear while cackling to himself.