Please, notice me

Bunny & Bear, Chicken & Turtle Childhood oneshots

A/N: Hi, I didn’t actually forget about my collection of seulrene/joyri child oneshots. I just have been preoccupied with other things, but I am back with another one and I will see how this goes. If enough ppl are interested in more childhood  seulrene and joyri fics. I will continue as I can. This one is where Joohyun and Sooyoung really like Seulgi and Yerim, and want the two to notice them so badly. Sounds cute, right? Yes it does, enjoy ^^



 

Seulrene/Joyri: Please, notice me


 

It’s hard being an 8-year-old, and it’s especially hard being an 8-year-old totally in love with another 8-year-old who doesn’t notice you in anyway. This is all very true for two close friends Bae Joohyun and Park Sooyoung. They knew each since they were smaller and their parent’s all work at the same place. They get along very well and stick together like glue. They’ve also fallen in love rather hopelessly with two very adorable and cute girls named Kang Seulgi and Kim Yerim. Little Bae Joohyun took one look at the adorable, monolid child who looked like a teddy bear and nearly lost it she was so cute. Seulgi was not only cute she was so nice too. She would be sure to share with anyone in the class she could. The monolid girl would be one of the first ones to offer to help their teacher Mrs. Jung Jessica when handing out supplies. Joohyun knew she was a goner the day Seulgi smiled at her when offering a purple piece of construction paper. How could she not fall? The only problem is Seulgi doesn’t seem to notice she likes her. Sooyoung will usually laugh at her for this.

 

“You’re hopeless, Hyun.”

 

For so long Joohyun didn’t have any ammunition to fight back with. Sooyoung could mercilessly about her feelings for the teddy-bear like girl and Joohyun could do nothing. Well, she could do nothing until the day Kim Yerim showed up. Joohyun had never seen her taller friend in such a state as the one when she first noticed Kim Yerim. Finally, she had the ammunition she needed to tease Sooyoung. Now, Park Sooyoung is a usually confident little girl. She enjoys the simple things in life, such as teasing and pranking people as she can. It’s why the first time she saw the cute little dark-haired girl who looked like a baby squirtle her interest was peaked. Sooyoung was especially interested when she saw Yerim pull a seat out from another kid like it was an everyday thing.

 

“Who is she?” Little Sooyoung wondered. “She’s perfect!”

 

Unfortunately, for little Sooyoung the girl barely paid her any mind. It was clear to both herself and Joohyun that Yerim and Seulgi knew one another. They seemed to be friends too just like she and Joohyun. Yerim wasn’t even nervous on her first day because she noticed Seulgi and they would usually hang out together. Sooyoung felt defeated as she really would rather be the one sitting next to the girl she loves. Sooyoung currently is sitting with Joohyun and their other friends Jennie and Rose. Right now it’s the time of the day where they would pair into groups and do activities. Jennie and Rose are actually in their own world and drawing something together. Sooyoung thinks it’s the perfect time to talk strategy with Joohyun. The taller girl not so gently slaps the shorter bunny-like girl on the shoulder.

 

“Hey!” Joohyun shouts and looks at Sooyoung with a frown. “What are you doing?”

 

“We need to talk.”

 

“About what?”

 

“Seulgi and Yerim.”

 

It’s all the taller girl has to say before Joohyun is looking completely interested and so the two best friends head over to a corner to talk business. Both of them steal glances at their crushes who are sitting with their friends Seungwan and Jisoo.

 

“Seul….” Joohyun thinks with red cheeks. The girl is just so cute and looks adorable in her white shirt and yellow shorts. She thinks her heart is pounding in her ears.

 

“Yeri-ah!” Sooyoung smiles as she looks at the way Yerim is trying to glue Seungwan to the seat. Yeah, that’s her dream girl alright. The two friends then focus on their goals. They’ve got to work together to get their crushes to finally notice them.

 

“Okay, Hyun. Here’s the thing, I like Yerim and you like Seulgi. We need to work together to reach our goals.”

 

“I agree, Soo.” Joohyun nods. “We have to get them to notice us. I don’t care what it takes.”

 

“That’s the stuff I like to hear. We totally got this!” The taller girl nods and high fives her best friend. They’re going to definitely win Seulgi and Yerim over. A couple of cute and irresistible girls like them, they’ve got this. The two go back to their seats and think about what they can do. Sooyoung knows Yerim enjoys a good prank as she has seen the other girl in action.  Maybe she should plan something interesting. The girl boldly walks over to Mrs. Jung, it’s stupid as all hell because her teacher is close friends with her mom. She’s risking her very life to prank the teacher but it’s got to be worth something to Yerim, right? Mrs. Jung is actually a really cool teacher and Sooyoung likes her. She’s fun, nice, and likes to sleep as much as anyone else does. Should she really get ready to prank the woman? Sooyoung hears Yerim laughing over something Jisoo says to her, and yeah she is about to prank the teacher.

 

“Mrs. Jung!” Sooyoung shouts.

 

“What is it, Soo?” The older brunette looks suddenly more awake.

 

“Your car is being stolen.”

 

“What! Not my Mercedes, I’ve just finished paying for it. Be right back, kids.” She runs out the door so fast. It’s faster than anyone has ever seen her. The assistant teacher Ms. Im Yoona is there anyway, so it’s not like they can do much. Sooyoung looks to see if Yerim is looking at her in anyway. The shorter girl is going to get another puzzle to complete and hasn’t even looked at Sooyoung’s way.

 

“Oh, she didn’t even notice.”

 

Jessica comes back in no time and looks unamused. “Soo, really?” The teacher sighs. “Do you have to make me call your mom?” She pretends she’s about to dial Sulli, and Sooyoung appropriately freaks out.

 

“No, don’t call my mom! She’s uh, working. Yeah, that sounds right. She’s working.”

 

Jessica sighs and pats the child’s head. “Just go sit down, and don’t tell grownups their cars are being stolen, please.”
 

“Yes, Mrs. Jung. I’m sorry.”

 

If Sooyoung had looked up she would have seen Yerim eyeing her curiously after that. Joohyun is trying to keep a straight face but the very second her best friend she starts busting out into loud laughter. Sooyoung frowns and hits Joohyun in the arm.

 

“Hey, ow, you little…”

 

“Shut up, giant!”

 

Their bickering back and forth causes Yerim to nudge her best friend. Seulgi is so focused in drawing that she isn’t paying attention to anything else. It’s lucky for her that Yerim pays all sorts of attention.

 

“Seul?”

 

“Hm, Yerimie?” The monolid girl looks up.

 

“Look at those two idiots.” The squirtle-like girl gestures to the scene of Joohyun and Sooyoung arguing with one another. Seulgi is already used to the two of them going back and forth.

 

“They’re always like that.”

 

“I know, idiots.” Yerim agrees with her monolid best friend.

 

Finally, Joohyun and Sooyoung stop bickering and the taller girl sits down. Joohyun uses the time to look at Seulgi again. The monolid child is actually helping Jisoo with her drawing. It’s sweet and expected of the bear-like girl.

 

“But I want you to help me draw.” The bunny-like girl thinks to herself. She knows Seulgi is a very kind and sweet kid. Maybe, there’s a way she can get her attention. She nudges Sooyoung and whispers to her the plan.

 

“You’re going to do what?”

 

“I’m going to act like I’m hurt, so Seulgi can help me.”

 

“Why do you think that’ll work?” Sooyoung has no idea why Joohyun thinks that will work. There’s no guarantee that Seulgi will pay her any attention. The girl is about to warn her friend to not do it. But she knows Joohyun is very determined to get the things she wants. Joohyun makes her way acting like she’s going to grab some more art supplies when she pretends to fall and hurt herself.

 

“Ow!” Joohyun screams, and looks over to Sooyoung for back up. The taller girl has no idea when she became a part of the plan, but the poor fool is her best friend, and Sooyoung knows Joohyun would help her too.

 

“Oh no!” Sooyoung shouts. “Will someone go and help that poor stupid girl?”

 

“I’ll get her after this!” Joohyun’s mind rages. It looks like Seulgi is heading over and now Joohyun feels happy. Seulgi will come over and reach for her hand and will help her up. However, someone distracts Seulgi and Joohyun’s eyes go dark when one of the boys try to help her.

 

“I’ll help you?”

 

“No, get away.” She backs away from a safe distance and gets up all on her own. She’d rather eat chicken first before letting some boy touch her. Well, that was a waste of time since Seulgi is talking to another classmate. It’s now Sooyoung’s turn to die laughing. She is on the floor and laughing so hard.

 

“It’s not funny!” Joohyun complains to her.

 

“It was too. Oh my god….” The taller girl laughs. “You’re really an idiot. Seulgi is never gonna notice you.”

 

“Well, Yerim won’t ever see you either.”

 

“Huh!” Sooyoung stops laughing and gasps. “You take that back, bunny!’

 

“You shut up, chicken!”

 

They’re at it again to the point that Yoona and Jessica both have to come over and tell them to settle down. Joohyun isn’t trying to get into some sort of time out for this girl, best friend or not. They agree to settle down because now it’s time for lunch and food is going to solve every problem. Hungry kids hurry to grab their lunch boxes and head out for their lunch/recess time. Joohyun sees how Seulgi nicely passes Yerim her pink lunch box. She really wishes she could eat together with Seulgi.

 

“Move it or lose it, Hyun. I need to grab my lunchbox.” Sooyoung not so gently pushes the shorter girl.

 

“Soo!”

 

“You’re in my way.”

 

“Your chicken isn’t going anywhere.”

 

“You don’t know that.”

 

They are so focused on each other that they miss both Seulgi and Yerim looking at them. They were looking at them oddly, so maybe it’s okay they didn’t notice. Joohyun and Sooyoung finally grab their individual lunch boxes and head outside. Everyone is preoccupied with either eating or getting ready to play. Yerim and Seulgi are sitting on one of the benches and swapping certain snacks with each other.

 

“I would offer that to you. But I don’t want any of your gross snacks.”

 

“I don’t want any of yours either!” Joohyun looks horrified by what her best friend says. Sooyoung really gets on her nerves sometimes. But then, a brilliant idea takes over her mind. She turns to the taller girl with a look.

 

“Oh, no. What are you thinking?” Sooyoung looks worriedly at her best friend.

 

“The best way to make someone notice is to make them jealous. We should make Seulgi and Yerim jealous.”

 

“Um…”

 

“We should hold hands and act like we like each other. It should work.”

 

“Um…” Sooyoung looks hesitant. The last thing she wants to do is hold Joohyun’s hand. The thoughts of making Yerim interested in her does make her want to do just about anything. It’s why she makes the sacrifice and holds the shorter girl’s hand. They walk pass Seulgi and Yerim and talk extra loud.

 

“I really like holding your hand, Soo!”

 

“Me too, I mean I like holding your hand too, Hyun.”

 

Seulgi and Yerim are animatedly talking and not even looking their way. Joohyun thinks she’s going to have to step it up, but how.

 

“You look very tall today!”

 

“What!” Sooyoung shouts back. “You little brat. I look very tall today!” She also yanks her hand away from Joohyun who doesn’t even care in the first place.

 

“Well, you are.” Joohyun shrugs.

 

“You make me sick!”

 

“You’re so annoying!”

 

“Oh my god.” Yerim groans and nudges Seulgi. “Let’s go, these two are always around.”

 

“It’s because they like us.” Seulgi whispers to Yerim who nods in agreement. She knows that Joohyun and Sooyoung like them. They couldn’t be more obvious. In fact, Yerim remembers how she knew for sure Sooyoung liked her.

 

(Flashback)

 

Yerim was minding her own business or trying to. But she could see the taller girl looking at her all hopeless like and it was noticeable. Yerim tried everything to not see Sooyoung looking at her. She talked to her friends, pretending to be interesting in what everyone was saying. She played a few pranks, and saw how Sooyoung would grin in amusement.

 

“Does she like that I play pranks on people?” She wonders and it’s why she goes up to Seulgi and lightly smacks her face.

 

“Hey, why did you hit me?”

 

“I just wanted to see something.”

 

She sees Sooyoung still looking amused. More than that she sees Bae Joohyun looking so angry like she will break her pencil in half. Yerim swallowed nervously and apologizes for just randomly hitting Seulgi. She doesn’t want that girl Joohyun to come find her somewhere.

 

(End)

 

Yerim and Seulgi go on the swings and talk about their not so secret situation with Joohyun and Sooyoung.

 

“Well, what do you think about her?” Seulgi questions. Yerim thinks the monolid girl is talking about Sooyoung. It’s why she’s about to answer the question but right away it becomes clear that Seulgi isn’t talking about Sooyoung.

 

“I think Joohyun’s pretty.”

 

“W-What!” Yerim screams and nearly falls off her swing. She didn’t know Seulgi liked Joohyun. This is certainly news to her.

 

“She is. She’s really pretty, and she’s nice too.”

 

Seulgi thinks back to the time where she saw Joohyun quietly trying to leave snacks for her in her cubby.

 

(Flashback)

 

Seulgi knows Joohyun likes her because she’s obvious. The girl turns red anytime she speaks and is always looking shy for some reason. Yerim and her other friends also have noticed and make sure to point out anytime Joohyun is looking at her.

 

“Seul, your wife is looking at you.” Yerim laughs.

 

“Your wife is looking at you too.” Seulgi fires back and shows her what is Sooyoung looking at Yerim. The shorter girl frowns and hits her best friend.

 

“Don’t make this about me!”

 

“Ah, so you admit she is your wife.”

 

Yerim is silenced with red cheeks and Seulgi laughs before turning her attention elsewhere. It’s later on that she notices Joohyun holding something in a paper bag. The girl is trying to sneak off to the cubbies.

 

“What is she doing?”

 

Her questions is answered right away when she sees Joohyun is simply trying to leave her a container of Pringles. Seulgi’s eyes go wide and she is shocked. Joohyun is really a very nice girl, isn’t she?

 

“Wow, she’s leaving me Pringles.”

 

(End)

 

Yerim shakes her head in disbelief. Well, now that she knows her best friend likes Joohyun. There’s only one thing to really do.

 

“Well, you like Joohyun, yes?”

 

“I like her.” Seulgi nods.

 

“You already know I like that idiot, Sooyoung.”

 

“I know you like her.” Seulgi laughs in amusement.

 

“Well, since we both like them and they also like us. We should probably go and collect our girlfriend’s, right?”

 

Seulgi agrees. They should probably go on and admit that they do like the other two girls. It’s been nice seeing how adorable Joohyun and Sooyoung behave around them. But the other two have probably put themselves through enough.

 

“They’ve been through enough.” Seulgi agrees.

 

When they get back to the classroom Yerim is wondering what she can do. It has to be some nice gesture because really Sooyoung has embarrassed herself plenty of times for her. Yerim thinks Sooyoung is kind of sweet in a way. More than that they can certainly have fun playing pranks and jokes on other kids.

 

“Yeah, we would make a good team.” Yerim thinks. The shorter girl walks over to Sooyoung and Joohyun is the first to notice. She slaps Sooyoung in the arm.

 

“Hey, why are you hitting me!”

 

“Yerim is coming this way!”

 

“What, are you sure?” Sooyoung looks suddenly nervous. Joohyun is right because Kim Yerim is coming this way. What is she going to do? She has to play it cool of course.

 

“Hey, Sooyoung.” Yerim nods to her, and all thoughts of playing it cool has flown out of the window.

 

“Hi, wife…”

 

“Wife!” Joohyun cracks up loudly from next to her friend. She could use a good laugh right about now. Sooyoung is so focused on Yerim that she doesn’t even care that Joohyun is laughing at her.

 

“Sooyoung, would you mind helping me with the bookshelf. I can’t reach a book I want.”

 

“Oh, yeah. I’m totally strong!” The taller girl even flexes her arms like she has seen people do on television.

 

“No, that’s not why.” Yerim shakes her head. “Your taller.”

 

Joohyun is laughing so hard that she’s in tears by now. Sooyoung remembers to flick her fingers across her face.

 

“Hey, ow…”

 

“Well, shut up then!” Sooyoung shouts at her and then goes with Yerim. This is her chance to spend more time with the girl she likes, and she’s going to take it. Yerim gestures to the book she wants and Sooyoung easily grabs it for her. As she’s handing it over it’s where their hands touch and both girl’s look away with matching red cheeks.

 

“Um…”

 

“Hey, Sooyoung, I…”

 

“I love you!” Sooyoung tells her instead. She doesn’t even care anymore if she’s sounding or looking foolish. She has to say what she feels and Yerim doesn’t even look shocked.

 

“I know that.”

 

“Wait, what?” The taller girl blinks several times. She stands so stunned that Yerim has to wave her hand across her face to get her attention.

 

“You’re so obvious. It was hurting me to see you keep being so foolish.”

 

“Hey…” Sooyoung frowns some. “I mean, we don’t have to use those kinds of words.”

 

“I like you too.”

 

“Really?” Sooyoung’s face is very red all over again. This is going to be the best news ever if her crush likes her too.

 

“Yes, really.”

 

“But you act like you don’t notice me.”

 

“I notice you.” The soft way Yerim says this makes Sooyoung internally cheer. Yes, she’s about to get herself a girlfriend.

 

“Do you want to be my….”

 

“Girlfriend?” Yerim helps her out.

 

“Yes! You’re my girlfriend! All mine, just mine. No one else’s.” The taller girl wraps her arms around her in a warm hug. Yerim never imagined for a hug from someone who isn’t either of her parents to feel this nice. Sooyoung is actually a really nice girl, and maybe it won’t be bad at all being her girlfriend. Joohyun has seen the whole thing and of course she is happy for her best friend. At least, someone’s got the one they like to notice them. The bunny-like girl puts her head down on the table. Sooyoung has Yerim now and she doesn’t have Seulgi. Maybe, she will never have Seulgi. Unknowingly, one monolid girl is making her way over to where Joohyun is and is carrying a drawing with her and a bag of candy. She gently nudges Joohyun.

 

“Please leave me.”

 

Seulgi smiles some and nudges her again.

 

“Let me be pathetic….oh, Seulgi!” Joohyun can’t help to smile widely when she notices it is the girl of her dreams. What is Seulgi doing here, though?
 

“Is it okay if I sit with you?”

 

“Yes, of course.” Joohyun nods and happily watches as the monolid girl sits down across from her. She offers Joohyun some of the candy.

 

“I have too many, would you like some?”

 

“Yes, please.” The shorter girl smiles as Seulgi offers her some of the candy that tastes even better because it was offered to her from the girl she likes. Joohyun is still wondering why Seulgi came over here. Not that she’s not happy to see her.

 

“I thought you didn’t know me.”

 

“I know you.” Seulgi promises. “You’re a really nice and pretty girl, Bae Joohyun.”

 

“Seulgi thinks I’m pretty!” Her face gets all red. This is going to be the best day ever in a moment.

 

“I think you’re so cute.” Joohyun does admit back.

 

“You like me.” The bear-like girl beams and Joohyun is at a loss for words. Seulgi knows that she likes her, well that could solve some of her problems.

 

“I do. I like you a lot, and…”

 

Joohyun stops talking because Seulgi presents her with the picture. It’s a very nice drawing of a bunny and bear holding hands. They’re walking toward what is a chicken and turtle who are both holding hands.

 

“It’s us?”

 

“Yeah,” Seulgi nods. “It’s us, there’s Yerim and Sooyoung. But this is you and me, but only if you want to be my girlfriend. You don’t have….” Seulgi is cut off because Joohyun pretty much flings herself into Seulgi’s arms and surprising the taller girl. She has to laugh because Joohyun is holding on so tight and nodding furiously.

 

“Yes, of course! I’m your girlfriend. Everyone stay away from Seulgi! She’s mine.”

 

Some students laugh nervously and some shake their head in disbelief. Sooyoung nudges Yerim.

 

“See, some people are just ridiculous.”

 

Yerim nods and laughs. “She’s your friend.”

 

“But she’s ridiculous. I mean, not at all sure and confident like me.”

 

“Oh, yeah?” Yerim raises her eyebrow in question. “I can go leave then since you’re sure and confident…” The shorter girl pretends to go but gets wrapped up in another hug.

 

“No, you can’t leave. You’re my girlfriend.”

 

“Guess Joohyun isn’t the only ridiculous one.”

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing!” Yerim laughs instead. “I didn’t say anything.” Of course, Yerim and Seulgi do go back to sit at their respective tables but not without blowing kisses to both Sooyoung and Joohyun whom are both just very red. Sooyoung turns to her best friend with a bright smile.

 

“See, I told you they would notice us. We had nothing to worry about, Hyun.”
 

Joohyun nods and agrees with her best friend. “Yeah, they noticed us after all.”


 

A/N: Very cute, right? I hope so anyway lol. It’s a nice distraction writing some childhood seulrene and joyri fics so maybe you guys are interested too. Thanks for reading