Sing with Me (Jessica/Tiffany, Irene/Wendy)

WTHI Extras

A/N: Remember when I said that I didn't have anyone in mind for Irene's girlfriend and her identity is up to your interpretation? I meant it then, I swear, but then my brain just wrote this. Ummm beware if you're not a fan of WenRene??

Also I just remembered that technically in TMoMM Jessica never met Irene. Hahhahaa let's just pretend that she later did somehow and they became friends.


Joohyun looks shocked to the point of speechlessness as Jessica presses the two tickets into her hand.

“You said you’re a fan of Tiffany’s, right?” Jessica smiles. “I got a hold of these and I thought you’d like them.”

“I—yes, I am, but—”

“Not a big enough fan to watch her concert? I can give these to someone else.”

“No, I mean I’d love them, but – her concerts always sell out super fast. How did you even get these? You have to let me pay you back for them.”

“Don’t worry, I got these for free right from the source.”

“Right from the source?” Joohyun repeats, a crease in her brow. “You mean…”

“Ste—Tiffany gave them to me. She’s, uh, we’re good friends.”

Joohyun stares at Jessica in what seems to be disbelief. Jessica half expects a barrage of questions about how she knows Tiffany, what she’s like, how close they are, but Joohyun merely asks, “Why are you giving me two?”

“I figured you could bring someone.” Jessica shrugs. “But if you don’t have anyone in mind, I’ll take one back.”

Joohyun’s fingers remain curled around the tickets. “I-I might have someone I want to bring.”

Jessica smiles. “Okay. I look forward to meeting her.”

 

“Hi! It’s nice to meet you!” Stephanie’s smile is dazzling enough when she isn’t trying, but she’s really pumping up the wattage on it. Joohyun and her companion both look rather dazed, and Jessica can’t blame them.

“Y-you too, Tiffany ssi,” Joohyun stammers, while Wendy looks like she’s starstruck beyond words.

Stephanie laughs. “You can call me unnie. No need to be so formal.”

“Unnie,” Joohyun says, shy.

“It’s amazing to meet you, unnie,” Wendy adds, with an almost ninety degree bow. “Thank you so much for inviting us.”

“It’s my pleasure!” Another one of those smiles. “Jessi’s friends are my friends. I hope you two are having fun.”

“We’re having an incredible time,” Wendy says earnestly, her eyes shining. Joohyun’s are too, but they’re trained on Wendy. “I never thought I’d have a chance to come to one of your concerts, not to mention to meet you. It’s just—amazing.”

“Thank you too, Jessica unnie,” Joohyun adds.

Wendy whirls around to bow to Jessica too. “Yes, thank you, Jessica unnie!”

She pronounces Jessica’s name properly, which is a refreshing change, and her earnestness is—endearing. Jessica can see why Joohyun likes her so much.

“Ah, it’s nothing. Steph gave me the tickets, I’m just passing them on. I’m glad you kids are having a good time.”

Joohyun and Wendy thank both of them again, before they leave to return to their seats.

Stephanie giggles. “You sounded like a grandma there, Jessi.”

“If I’m a grandma, what are you? A grave digger?”

Stephanie sticks out her tongue. “More like you’re a cradle robber.”

“Okay, I don’t understand how you say your Korean isn’t good and yet you know words like cradle robber. Who’s been teaching you these terms, Yoona?”

“Maybe I just have an interesting vernacular.”

Jessica stops, and time seems to stop along with her as they lock eyes. And Jessica can’t help the smile that breaks over her face. “You definitely do. Hey, for your Here Comes Trouble performance are you going to wear a snapback?”

“Maybe, but definitely not a snapfront,” Stephanie says with a grin that Jessica returns. “Speaking of that, I have to go get ready.” She presses her lips to Jessica’s cheek. “I’ll be looking at you during Once in a Lifetime, so don’t forget to sing with me.”

Jessica doesn’t ask what are the chances Stephanie will be able to see her in the enormous crowd, or point out that the whole audience is going to sing along with her anyway. She knows what Stephanie means, knows that while Tiffany will be singing for everyone, Stephanie will be singing just for her.

“I won’t,” she says, and even though they walk through different doors: Stephanie toward the stage and Jessica toward the audience, she knows they’ll end up at the same destination.

 

You are my once in a lifetime.

And, in a pink ocean of thousands, Jessica can tell that Stephanie is looking right at her.