Acrophobia, Anyone?

The Next Life

“What’s going to happen after that?”

It’s been a few weeks since Sana’s two trips to the hospital.

“Today’s the day,” Tzuyu said adamantly, “I’ll confess to Sana today!”

To say that Tzuyu was nervous is an enormous understatement. Tzuyu was terrified to the bone. She’s never done this before. This is the first time she’s ever planned to confess her undying love for someone. She’s also completely sure that this will be the last time she’ll ever have to confess her undying love for someone. She didn’t plan on loving anyone else besides Sana: her precious, squishy squirrel.

Tzuyu has been planning this for a couple of days now. She’s going to ask Sana to be her girlfriend in a fabulous and spectacular way. Nothing was going to stop her. She wanted Sana to be hers - No, she needed Sana to be hers.

Sixteen hours.

Tzuyu has been working nonstop for sixteen hours preparing everything for her confession. She was going to surprise Sana with a hot air balloon ride and surprise her even more with her confession. Right now, Tzuyu was waiting for Sana outside her door.

“Sorry! I didn’t know what shoes to put on!” Sana rushed out the door. Tzuyu smiled and took Sana’s hand.

“I told you to dress casual.”

“I did!”

“Well, if that is casual, then I must be dressed like a homeless person,” Tzuyu chuckled. Sana was wearing an intricate sundress, a cashmere cardigan, and open toe heels. Tzuyu just wore a plain T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers.

“You look fine.” Sana Tzuyu’s arm. Tzuyu’s heart began beating faster at the contact.

“And you look exquisite,” Tzuyu complimented back. Sana giggled and poked Tzuyu’s cheek in response, she loved being praised by her.

Tzuyu pulled out a blindfold. “Please put this on.”

“Why?”

“Just do it.”

Sana raised an eyebrow, but she quietly consented. Tzuyu tied the blindfold around Sana’s eyes and took her hand, interlacing their fingers tightly. She began walking slowly, leading Sana towards a very specific location.

“Where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise,” Tzuyu replied. “It’s a bit of a walk though.”

“That’s fine, as long as I’m with you.”

Tzuyu couldn’t wait to make Sana her official girlfriend.

______________________________________________________________________

 

After nearly forty-five minutes of walking, Tzuyu finally had Sana on a grassy field. She slowly removed Sana’s blindfold. She smiled when she saw Sana look at the hot air balloon in awe.

“Are we going on that hot air balloon?!” Sana jumped in excitement. She walked towards the hot air balloon and ran her fingers along its basket.

“We sure are! I prepared this for you!” Tzuyu opened her arms when she saw Sana running towards her.

Sana smacked into Tzuyu’s body. They both laughed when they almost fell to the ground.

“Thank you~ You must’ve worked your off to afford this.”

“You’re worth it,” Tzuyu whispered.

“Are you two ready to go?!” The man that was going to control the hot air balloon was impatient.

“Yes!” Tzuyu took Sana’s hand again and led her into the hot air balloon.

After the hot air balloon was thoroughly checked for preparation, the man the flames and the hot air balloon rose to the sky. In a matter for minutes, the three of them were high up in the sky. The view below them was mesmerizing. They saw beautiful fields and mountains.

“I can see my house from here!” Sana squealed, pointing down at the earth.

“Me too.” Tzuyu smiled. She felt nervous. It wasn’t going to be long until Sana sees what she really prepared.

“Hey Sana, can you close your eyes for a few minutes?” Tzuyu asked.

“What?” Sana blinked. “Why?”

“Just do it, please.”

Sana closed her eyes with a smile. “You’re being really weird today, weirder than usual.”

“I know.”

Tzuyu looked down. She waited a few minutes before she could see it. When they were right above it, she quietly signaled the man to keep the hot air balloon as still as he could. Tzuyu looked back at Sana and almost choked.

Sana looked beautiful with the high winds blowing through her hair. Her eyes were still closed, and she had a little smile on her face. The view was out of this world.

“It’s been a few minutes, can I open my eyes now?” Sana asked.

“Yes.” Tzuyu held her breath. It was time.

“I’m going to get us into a hot air balloon. When we rise into the sky, I’m going to make you look down and you’re going to see ‘SANA, MY BELOVED LITTLE SQUIRREL, BE MINE? - YODA’ on the earth below us."

Sana opened her eyes and automatically looked down at the earth below them. She felt her eyes begin to water as she took in the sight before her. On the grassy field, she could see many pots of flowers arranged to spell out that silly little question that made her heart swoon.

Sana covered and a silent tear fell out of her semi-closed eyelids. Tzuyu stood behind Sana, almost about to faint from anxiety. She hoped Sana loved it.

And boy did Sana love it.

Sana turned around with the happiest expression Tzuyu has ever seen. Sana attached herself to Tzuyu immediately, wrapping her arms around Tzuyu’s neck. Tzuyu quickly wrapped her arms around Sana’s waist. Both of their eyes well up in happy tears. Sana eventually pulled back and cupped Tzuyu’s face; she brought their foreheads together.

“Of course I’ll be yours, my precious Yoda,” Sana whispered. Her lips were very close to Tzuyu’s. Tzuyu stared down at her soft looking lips before replying back.

“You have no idea how happy I am.”

Tzuyu brought her face even closer to Sana’s. Sana giggled when Tzuyu’s nose brushed against hers, eskimo kissing her for a few seconds. Breathing slowed down when they felt each other’s hot breath on their lips.

“Should we?” Sana asked teasingly.

“I think we should.” Tzuyu slightly nodded, “It’s only appropriate.”

“Just kiss already!” the man groaned.

Sana and Tzuyu giggled before allowing their lips to meet. They both felt fireworks as their lips made contact. Tzuyu hugged Sana while Sana tangled her fingers into Tzuyu’s long hair. Their bodies and lips moved in unison; their hands softly caressed each other while their lips danced sensually, moving apart slightly to catch some air before meeting together again. The kiss wasn’t hot or rushed, it was slow and innocent. It surpassed all expectations for a perfect first kiss.

Heaven must exist, because Sana and Tzuyu were there right now.

“Sorry for interrupting your moment, but your time is up,” the man whispered awkwardly. “I need to bring the hot air balloon back down.”

Tzuyu opened one of her eyes and glared at the man. She removed one hand from Sana’s back and waved him off. She quickly went back to give Sana’s lips some more attention. Sana moaned slightly when she felt Tzuyu softly ran her tongue along Sana’s bottom lip. She tugged Tzuyu’s hair slightly in appreciation.

To say that the man felt uncomfortable would be an understatement. He couldn’t wait to get back down. He didn’t mind the kissing, but he had to put his foot down if they were planning to get it on in his hot air balloon. He just washed it yesterday.

Sana pulled back a bit and peppered kisses all over Tzuyu’s face. Tzuyu closed her eyes slowly and took in the blissful sensation. Before Tzuyu could return the favor, the man coughed.

“We need to go back.”

Tzuyu groaned as she reluctantly pulled away from Sana. Sana just smiled and rested her head on Tzuyu’s shoulder. Tzuyu glared at the man once more before looking down at her pots of flowers in appreciation, glad that they worked. As she continued to look at the flowers for about three more seconds, she felt dizzy.

This height was too much for her.

“Tzuyu?” Sana pulled her head back. “Are you okay?”

“W-Were we always this high?” Tzuyu swerved a little. Sana held Tzuyu’s arms to stabilize her.

“Tzuyu-”

“The… The people down there look like... ants,” Tzuyu muttered slowly. She felt her head spinning. She didn’t realize just how high they were. Looking down was a bad idea.

“Are you-”

“H-Help.”

"After that, I’m probably going to panic about how high we are and most likely faint. You’re going to have to carry me out of the hot air balloon.”

Tzuyu collapsed in Sana’s arms. She fainted.

The man rolled his eyes and began lowering the hot air balloon. Sana held onto Tzuyu tightly. She shook her head in amusement and she softly kissed Tzuyu’s forehead.

“Oh, Tzuyu.”

The hot air balloon returned to earth, Sana held Tzuyu close to her body as tight as possible before trying to exit the hot air balloon. The man raised his eyebrows as he watched her struggle.

“Do you need help?”

“And have you touch my girlfriend?” Sana scoffed. “No thanks.”

Sana finally dragged Tzuyu out of the hot air balloon and sat down on the soft field with her. She wrapped her arm around Tzuyu’s waist and brought Tzuyu’s head to her chest.

“Can I go?” the man asked. Sana didn’t look at him; she couldn’t take her eyes off of Tzuyu. She just nodded. The man brought the hot air balloon back into the air, floating away.

Sana smiled down at Tzuyu’s unconscious face. She alternated between combing her fingers through Tzuyu’s hair and it. Sana rested her lips on Tzuyu’s soft hair as she looked at the flower pots near her. They must’ve took hours to prepare. She giggled when she realized that there were no pink camellias in sight.

“Tzuyu remembered…” Sana hummed, looking up into the deep blue sky. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath; amazing scents filled her nose. 90% of the ‘amazing scents’ came from Tzuyu’s hair.

Sana couldn’t believe she is Tzuyu’s and Tzuyu is her’s. She’s been thinking about this day for weeks, maybe even months. Sana looked down when she felt Tzuyu move. She also noticed that Tzuyu drooled on her sundress. It’s okay, she would forgive her for that.

“W-What happened?” Tzuyu said groggily. She looked up and saw Sana’s face. “Did I die? Am I in heaven? I could have sworn I sinned before.”

“No, silly,” Sana giggled. “You passed out on the hot air balloon.”

“What happens next?”

“We’re going to become girlfriends.”

“Yay!”

“Oh.” Tzuyu sat up, pulling Sana to sit up with her. “I know you saw it, but I would like to ask you properly.”

Tzuyu cleared .

“Would you be my girlfriend?”

Sana snorted, “Was that make out session not enough of an answer for you?”

“S-So, it’s a definite yes, right?”

“Oh my gosh.” Sana rolled her eyes. “Yes, we are official girlfriends.”

“Okay, good.” Tzuyu sighed in relief. “Are you sure I’m not in heaven? Because it sure feels like I’m there right now.”

“You’re so cheesy.” Sana pinched Tzuyu’s cheeks.

Tzuyu and Sana stood up; they looked at the flowers together, admiring Tzuyu’s hard work. Tzuyu decided to leave the flowers there; she was not going to spend sixteen hours moving them again. She already left a sign near the field telling people that they may take a free pot (or one hundred) if they’d like.

The new couple soon walked out of the fields hand in hand. At times, Sana and Tzuyu would steal a quick kiss from one another. At other times, one of them would poke the other in the stomach, causing them to giggle and squirm. All in all, they were being pretty damn cute.

“Hey, Sana.”

Sana paused. “Yes?”

“I like you, a lot.” Tzuyu suddenly found the floor to be very interesting. “You mean a lot to me. I’m glad you said yes.”

Sana stepped closer and kissed Tzuyu’s nose. “I like you a lot too.”

The two continued walking, their interlaced fingers were woven together tighter than before. Today was a day that they would never forget. It was a day that they could officially claim the other as theirs. No more uncertain feelings for each other, no more confusion about how the other person felt, no more plain friendship.

“Hey, Sana.”

“Yes?”

“Can you confirm it with me again, one last time?” Tzuyu shyly looked down at her feet.

Sana giggled. Tzuyu sure was cute.

“We’re girlfriends, Tzuyu.”

“Okay, cool.”

Today is indeed a good day.

No, that’s not correct.

It is a perfect day.