Day 3 (School) -Sports

TaeJin Week!

 

 

sweat rolled on the side of jin’s face but he never bothered to wipe them as he drove through Bum, a player from the other team. it’s the fourth set of the game and he knows that he was slower and tired and his body ached but still, his hand skillfully dribble the ball as he twists and circles, then steps back as he throws for a three-point shoot.

in.

the crowd erupted of cheers and jin grins as yoongi claps him in the back.

“I’m still better than you.”

jin just laughed.

it was intramurals and basketball is quite an attraction of the school’s population. yoongi and him were the part of official basketball team, jungkook and hoseok too, but they were at the other team. for now, they were doing well against their opponent.

“is he watching?” jin heard yoongi asked him as they rest on the bench for the timeout the other team asked. they were breathing heavily though not as much as their other team members. he was worried for them for they didn’t got enough training before the match. they’ll hang on though. all of them got skills and determination to win.

jin smiles as he turns to yoongi. “yep. third seat on the front bleachers.”

he saw yoongi scan the area and his brows shoot up. “heh, so this is why you’re stepping up your game.”

“I have to impress him, ain’t i?”

yoongi rolls his eyes. “now, I’m inviting kim taehyung to every game we have just so you would perform this well.”

he was already earning a series of three points and for those watching, that would look flashy. he likes shooting near the basket, dunks and such, but change is nice. besides, the awe he sees on taehyung’s face was more than to keep him doing some showy moves. jin could just shake his head.

he met taehyung when the younger man stumbles in the locker room.

he saw him carefully placing a letter in his locker’s hole and jin watched him amusingly as the guy tries to quietly slips the letter and smiles fondly as he did so. that took jin’s interest. girls aren’t allowed on the male lockers, and even if there’s a few who managed to slip a thing or two (and a few guys, too), no one ever really piqued his interested. and yet…

seokjin could just smile.

after the guy had left, he immediately opened it and it was simply written. too simple actually, just a “I REALLY LIKE YOU” in pretty handwriting, and there’s not even a name. seokjin was just glad he was able to see where it came from.

and now, the thing is, taehyung doesn’t know that seokjin knows him.

quite complicated, right?

seokjin could’ve just come up to him one day but then, taehyung was special and that means he at least make some efforts to impress him further. that was kind of egoistic but well…

that means winning.

 

when the buzzer rang again for the game to continue, seokjin enthusiastically pushed himself from the bench and grinned when the crowd started to cheer again. yoongi could just annoyingly scrunch up his nose at him and grins when a set of girls yelled, ‘min yoongi!’.

jin sighs.

the ball was on yoongi and the rest all ran towards the other side of the court, leaving jin and yoongi on the other. yoongi passed him the ball and after passing it back, yoongi raised his hand and pointed at the sky.

the whole team started to enter their zones.

well because the captain just said ‘let’s finish this.’

the other team may have noticed the concentration and calmness they had, for the guard at the basket was tighter and forwarding is a little difficult than the previous. the ball now is in his hands and there are two people guarding him, making it harder to pass the ball. but then, seokjin always finds a way.

looking at yoongi, jin twitches his right brow and yoongi started to move. jin dribbles the ball a little stronger and lower, directing it under the legs of the other team. yoongi immediately took the chance to grab it and despite being smaller than the average basketball player, he sure could jump. the ball went in the net.

the crowd erupted again in cheers and the game went on. sure, the last half was harder, but as long as they kept going towards winning and having fun at it, they could always go through it. the game ends in the score of 105-113, in favor of their team. yoongi clapped him at the back and gave everyone in the team a thumbs-up. they all shook the other team’s hands, thanking them for a really great play. everyone did their best.

looking at the bench, jin immediately panicked when taehyung was already leaving. so he threw any of what he’s planning to do and run towards him. jin could only wince for his aching body.

“KIM TAEHYUNG!”

the crowd near taehyung stopped in their tracks. he saw taehyung’s shoulder tensed as he turned around, face reddening by second as he realized who was calling him. “sun…bae-nim?” he asked in a small, unsure voice but his eyes were focused on him.

okay, God help me but that was cute.

normally, he would just try to say hi, if the rapid beating of his heart was any reason, but he was here, taehyung is here. that means he could be a little more straight forward, can he?

jin grins. “I know this is sudden but… would you like to go on a date with me?”

 

 

they didn’t get enough interaction but yeah… well… I think I focused on the basketball too much… kkkkk

and yoongi is there! I love it when he plays basketball!!!