Paper Houses

Bedtime Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon's not used to being in this position. He's not used to standing outside someone's door with sweaty hands, feeling regret running deep through his veins. He's not even sure why he's standing here to be perfectly honest. He's never regretted any of his past actions before, so what's different now? Why does it feel like he's meant to be here, standing outside his ex's apartment, like he's meant to beg for forgiveness?

Jihoon can already feel himself being filled with dread when he turns the doorknob, only for it to barely turn as the movement is abruptly stopped. He's never known Jaemin to lock his front door before. Especially if he was home. Jihoon can already feel the guilt multiplying inside of him. Taking a deep breath, he lifts his closed fist to softly tap against the door, ignoring the urge to bang loudly.

At first, there's no response. But Jihoon can hear the soft sigh on the other side of the door. It feels like centuries have passed before Jaemin finally opens the door.

"Why are you here?" Jaemin's eyes are bloodshot as if he had just finished crying.

Jihoon doesn't recognize the man standing in front of him. Jaemin's hair is like a bird's nest while he's dressed in mismatched clothing with neon socks on his feet. He looks like the shell of a man who's had his spirit broken. He's never seen Jaemin like this before. Jaemin, the one who always puts up a strong front, the one who always knows what to say and what people need, the one who is the best of them all.

Jaemin coughs heavily into his hand, startling Jihoon out of his thoughts. Jaemin's hand is bare, Jihoon notices, devoid of any sign that a ring had been there.

Jaemin's eyes are staring right into Jihoon's soul, repeating his question, this time asking again with his firm gaze.

"I-I'm just here to check on you," Jihoon slaps himself inwardly because why did he stutter?

Jaemin doesn't make any move to show that he's acknowledged what Jihoon's said, crossing his arms as he leans against his doorway. Jihoon can't help but stare at the lean muscle, remembering the sensation when those lean muscles were wrapped around him.

"You're wasting your time here," Jaemin steels his eyes, so unlike the warm and homely feeling, he usually radiates.

Jihoon can feel his patience snap in a heartbeat, closing the distance between them quickly.

"You see, I don't think I am," Jihoon pushes Jaemin inside of his apartment.

Jaemin's shocked by the movement as he stumbles back until he's lying on his couch. He tries to get up but suddenly Jihoon's hovering above him. Jihoon's got an almost predatory look in his eyes as the gap between them is quickly closed, engulfing Jaemin's lips in a searing kiss.

There are hands gently running across his waist and his nape, contrasting the heated emotions their lips are feelings. Jaemin tries to resist but is quickly lost in the feeling as Jihoon continues to kiss him passionately. Jihoon's trying to gather his wits but he's too lost in pleasure.

Their kiss is like fireworks. It's explosive and full of color but as quickly as it came, it's quickly gone. They break apart quickly like they've just been burned. Jaemin pushes Jihoon off him, not caring that Jihoon landed on the floor, and turns

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter