With You

Bedtime Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "I guess we're staying in."

Jaemin and Jinyoung had initially made plans to finally go for a proper date where they were hoping to eat lots of street food and just spend time with each other. But it seemed like their plans were quickly crushed when a heavy downpour enveloped the city, making them pout as they hesitantly retreated back inside their apartment. It was disheartening because it was the first time in a little while where they both had a mutual night off and they were hoping to go out to their favorite restaurant just like old times.

Instead of eating delicious food as they had initially thought, they settled for making a delicious fettuccine together in their small kitchen. Jinyoung had started humming thoughtfully to a popular song on the radio while Jaemin had busied himself with making small snack foods while they waited. Everything was so comfortable that it wasn't a surprise when they both ended up leaning against the counter, standing next to each other but just hugging casually.

"Hey Jinyoungie," Jaemin poked his boyfriend's cheek, smiling softly as he watched Jinyoung's eyes flutter open sleepily.

"Yes, my love?" Jinyoung pulled Jaemin closer by the waist, running a finger down his boyfriend's cheek gently.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" Jaemin yawned, stretching his arms before resting his head on Jinyoung's shoulder.

"Now what brought this on?" Jinyoung smiled.

"So I was reading today ("Oh here we go," "Just listen,") and it was okay. I mean, it wasn't the best thing I've read but the author loved to play with the different ideas of what love at first sight means and the different scenarios that people can go through to meet their destined one. I'm a little jealous? If that makes any sense. I just wanted to know if a thing like that exists, like how a couple meets and they instantly know that they're going to be together through thick and thin." Jaemin sounded like he had put a lot of thought into it, his tone sounding contemplative and curious.

"I'm not so sure if I do believe in it if I'm perfectly honest," Jinyoung smiled regretfully but Jaemin just shrugged.

"It's okay if you don't. I was just thinking about how you, the most cliche and hopeless romantic I know, don't believe in something that's right up your alley."

Jinyoung's thoughts flicked back to the time when he and Jaemin first met back in high school. Although they were good friends, they also fought over every single little detail. Even back then, people had thought they were a couple, being dubbed the 'Tom and Jerry Couple' for the last three years of their high school years. He didn't want to admit that he had fallen for the sarcastic boy, but he wasn't sure if what felt for Jaemin then was love.

But then after their high school years, it was j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter