Final

Perhaps

Taekwoon knows. He knows that Hakyeon had done absolutely nothing wrong; he was merely in the wrong position, going down with the full blame for a decision he did not make. Hakyeon was just a scapegoat for public execution, while the others were dealt with under the table.

 

Taek, the end is coming. all the faults will die with me, and our nation can start afresh.

 

Taekwoon could only stand by and watch as the innocent Hakyeon was brought forth up the stage, stones pelting against him, shouts erupting from the audience, all chanting for his death. The death of the kind and gentle Hakyeon who did not deserve this, whom no one truly knew except for Taekwoon.

 

I know it’s unfair. I don’t want it either, but it’s for the best.

 

Taekwoon could only clench his fists, knuckles turning white, fingernails digging painfully into his palms, as Hakyeon is situated into position. Hakyeon’s eyes flittered over the sea of people longing for his death, finally landing on the one and only familiar face who didn’t. He gives a sad smile, the final goodbye before the axe is raised above his head.

 

I love you.


Perhaps Taekwoon would find him in another life where their circumstances would be different. Where Hakyeon doesn’t need to bear the world on his shoulders, where Taekwoon could bear the weight with him.