Final

Misunderstanding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The house was depressingly silent when Daehyun unlocks the door, bringing in the groceries while calling for Youngjae. There was no answer so Daehyun figures that the younger was still mad at him and at his parents’ house.

He shuffles in the living room and lets himself fall on the couch. A mess was surrounding him but he didn't had the motivation to clean now that Youngjae is gone. Daehyun has the bag with groceries next to him, grabbing a few beers cans out and put them on the messy coffee table filled with empty ramen packages and bags of chips. He finds the remote between the pillows and puts the TV on. He opens his beer and drinks the half of it immediately in one sip.

There is a romantic drama on and he lets out a grunt seeing the couple cuddling on the couch and looks with a sad look on his face towards the empty spot. The picture from them that was on the wall was mocking him. Their happy smiles, fingers intertwined while having an ice-cream cone in their other hand.

 

Why am I so stupid?

 

A few days ago Daehyun came home drunk after having a fun night with a few of his colleagues who just finished a project that he has been busy with for a few weeks, barely spending time with his boyfriend. He was supposed to come home early but he didn't and found the younger sleeping softly on the couch, his delicate hands wrapped around his phone probably waiting for a call.

 

He wanted to wake Youngjae up and tell him what happened just an hour ago but the man was sleeping so peacefully that he picked him up and walked towards their room. He didn't bother to undress the male because Youngjae would probably wake up and Daehyun just wanted to sleep, forgetting the spot in his neck that could easily create a misunderstanding.

 

The next morning Youngjae woke up while Daehyun was staring at him. He lovingly his lover's hand while softly kissing him on the lips, not caring about their possible bad breaths. Youngjae giggles while pecking the elder's nose.

 

Still, it was abound to happen when Daehyun forget about what he had to tell the younger.

 

"Daehyun what is this?" His voice was soft but his bottom lip trembles. He sees the tears in his eyes and before Daehyun could even explain it he feels the sting of Youngjae's hand in his face. It was so unexpected that even Youngjae gasped after what he did.

 

"Jae, let me expl-" The younger wasn't hearing any of it, he scoffed before leaving the kitchen, abandoning their breakfast.

 

"I just knew it, all those weeks away, no calls, no texts while barely seeing you. If you had any respect for me you could at least made the effort to hide the mark!"

 

Daehyun was about to tell his story again but the younger was so mad, his hands were trembling while packing some of his clothes and he was just standing there stunned, feeling the aftermath of a night drinking. He wanted to wrap his arms around Youngjae, explaining to him that it was a misunderstanding but the words wouldn't leave his lips. The whole situation was too much to handle for the hang over and he just let the younger go. Not before hearing the shattering of glass, their picture lying on the floor, the one that was taken after one of their friends gotten married.

 

After Youngjae left it all came back to him and he let out a sob, quickly grabbing his phone while typing away.

 

Youngjae,

It was a misunderstanding, I was so drunk last night and a woman took advantage of that. She was trying to kiss me but I was fast enough to shove her off me but she kept trying and I ended up with a mark. I swear that she didn't do anything else,

Please come back,

I love you

 

Daehyun was crying his eyes out until there was no tear left. He was beating himself up for not reacting fast enough, with the woman and telling Youngjae what happened. He should have woken him up that night.

 

They have been together for five years, meeting as co-workers in a small coffee shop that was close to the campus and basically always filled with college students. Both combined college with work because they couldn't afford taking care of themselves without any income.

 

Daehyun got a crush on Youngjae instantly, the younger was exactly his type with his flawless face, the pretty cat-like eyes and the fluffy cheeks. Even his red cherry lips which Daehyun fantasized about a lot back in the days whenever he was alone in their break room. Visualizing how it would be to kiss him until he is out of breath, panting underneath him with a pretty pink flush on his face.

 

Sadly, the younger didn't seem very interested. A lot of girls came to the shop for Youngjae so he figured that the younger wasn't gay at all and really popular with girls. Maybe he even had a girlfriend. It's not that he never got any girls around him but they were there for a different reason because Daehyun was just really good with befriending girls and girls liked him because he was openly gay and would never take advantage of them. The many stories about disgusting men still lingers in his head.

 

It was when Daehyun quitted his job because he found a more fitting job (working in a music store) that Daehyun realized that the younger was indeed interested but didn't wanted to do anything because they were co-workers.

 

''It would have been awkward if this wouldn't work out''

 

Youngjae was quite mad that the older didn't told him about quitting his job but lu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter