Lost Our Way

Lost Our Way

I love you, and I thought you loved me. You came to me, and worked so hard to receive my love. I don’t understand why you would do this. Are you just hungry for affection? Do you just enjoy throwing hearts? This place here, is my favorite. It’s where you and I spent days playing around here. Watching the sunsets, and the stars. You said you love the beauty of nature. How the stars twinkle like my eyes. How you’re just as beautiful as the scenery. How peaceful it is here. You feel safe when I wrap my arms around you. When I hold your hand and never let it go. You said you’ll love me forever.

 

Seokjin first met Taehyung when he moved to Seoul. Taehyung had kindly help him find his way around town and during those time they spent together, he had stolen Seokjin’s heart. To Taehyung’s surprise, Seokjin asked him out. “I understand if you don’t feel the same towards me, but I really do really like you.” Taehyung said yes to Jin. They’ve been closer ever since then. Everywhere one went, the other was sure to go too. 

 

Seokjin took Taehyung to a far away place. They walked in the woods and soon arrived at an old empty pool. Seokjin went over and sat on the edge, hanging his legs into the empty pool. Taehyung jumped in and went over to examine all the trash in there. There was a mattress, toy cars, golf club, empty soda cans, bags of chips, and a plastic bag. He made a disgusted face and turned to Jin. “Why are we here?”

“I like this place, it’s so peaceful, beautiful, and especially the stars at night. They’re just, wow,” Jin responded and looked off into the sky.

 

>>>

 

Seokjin giggled as Taehyung playfully kissed and tickled him. “St- stop it,” he said and tried to fight back. Taehyung wrapped his arms around Seokjin and pulled him closer. They both sat on the living room couch, paying no attention to the drama they were suppose to be watching. Seokjin grabbed a popcorn and placed it in Taehyung’s opened mouth. Taehyung gladly ate it and reached for more popcorn, when Seokjin stopped him. He look up at Jin, wondering if something was bothering him. Seokjin’s plump lips was coming closer, and closer towards Taehyung’s. It finally touched Taehyung’s lips, and that was enough to make Taehyung pin Seokjin down onto the couch, showing his dominance already. Seokjin’s hands rested on Taehyung’s shoulders as he planted kisses on Jin’s neck. Taehyung was already growing hard down there. Seokjin lightly gasp when Taehyung bit his neck. Taehyung pulled away from Seokjin and stared down at him. Seokjin laid there, his eyes half closed and his plump, pink lips, wet.

 

Wasting no time, Taehyung grabbed Jin’s shirt and pulled it off him. His hands unbuckled Jin’s belt and kicked his pants off while kissing him. Seokjin tugged at the bottom on Taehyung’s shirt. Taehyung stopped the kiss for a short second to take his shirt off. His lips immediately connected with Jin’s afterwards. Jin lightly pushed Taehyung off him. “Taehyung, maybe we should move to the bedroom,” he suggested. Taehyung got off and lifted Jin up, carrying him bridal style to their shared bedroom. He gently placed Jin down and took off his pants, hurrying onto the bed at once. He rummaged threw the nightstand, looking for lube. His fingers slowly entered Jin, stretching him out. Jin moaned quietly as Taehyung him. “Ahh, is this not enough for you?” Taehyung asked as he added another finger. 

“I’m- I’m not use to it,” Jin admitted. Taehyung pulled his fingers out and replaced them with . Jin scrunched up his face and bit his bottom lip to avoid crying out loud from the sudden pain, but also new feel of pleasure. 

 

You lead me on, on so far. We moved in, and started living like an already married couple. You’d make me three meals a day. I’ll take you out and we’d go eat street food while walking the streets of Seoul. My hand never left yours whenever we go outside. My eyes were always on you, but were yours always on me?

 

Taehyung had brought Jin out to Myeondong shopping street. He lost Jin when Jin ran into the crowd to look at an action figure. Taehyung looked around him, but Jin was nowhere in sight. He kept cruising around the stores nearby.

 

Seokjin ran from Taehyung and around the corner to an action figure shop. A smile grew on his face as he entered the small shop. He stopped at the Super Smash Bros figures. He reached for a Mario one, when another hand touched the plastic box too. Jin turned his head to look at who it was. His eyes met a stranger who kindly smiled at him and showed off his small dimples. “Sorry, I just wanted to take a look at it,” the stranger said. That made Jin take his hands off the box. 

“Y-yea, go ahead,” he said and stepped aside. Jin watched the stranger for a bit, then quickly walked away.

“Wait!” Seokjin turned around and looked at the stranger. “Aren’t you going to buy it?”

“I can?” Jin asked. The guy laughed and handed Jin the plastic box. 

“Of course,” he said and shoved his hands in his pants. “I’m Namjoon by the way.”

“Seokjin.”

 

>>>

 

“Jin, where are you going?” Taehyung asked as he saw Jin heading towards the door. 

“I’m meeting up with a friend,” he answered and continued walking. Taehyung stood up and made his way towards Jin.

“When will you be back?” He asked. Jin clutched onto his phone.

“Um, probably late at night. You can go to bed first,” Jin said then left. Taehyung stood still and tried to process what just happened. 

“But, I can’t sleep without you.” Taehyung said to the now gone Jin.

 

Taehyung sat on the couch and waited for Jin. His eyes moved from the clock hanging on the wall to the front door that never opened. It was already 22:00 and Jin hasn’t returned. Taehyung started to worry and called Jin. No answer. “He’s fine. He said he’ll be back late,” Taehyung said and sunk back into the couch. 

 

His eyelids were starting to feel heavy. Taehyung forced them open and looked at the clock. 2:00. He fell back onto the couch and reached for a pillow. He hugged the pillow tightly and feel asleep on the cold couch. 

 

Taehyung opened his eyes and saw his friend Jimin peering down at him. “Didn’t Jin tell you to sleep without him? Why did you wait here all night?” He asked and pulled Taehyung up. Taehyung rubbed his eyes and looked around. “I brought Jin home, don’t worry. He was with me last night,” Jimin said. And again, Taehyung did not reply as if he couldn’t see Jimin. “Are you okay?”

“Yea, just tired,” Taehyung said and stood up. He went to the bedroom, and found Jin sleeping. Jimin followed and peeked into the room. “How long did you guys stay up last night?” Taehyung asked as he closed the door. 

“Um, like just until four,” Jimin replied. 

“Four! It’s seven! What the hell did you guys do?” Taehyung asked angrily. Jimin backed away from him.

“We just chatted and drunk a bit.” 

“Who was there?” 

“There was Jungkook, Hoseok, Ken, and Namjoon.”

“Who the hell is Namjoon?” Taehyung asked furiously.

“Geez calm down, don’t you know him?” Jimin asked.

“No.” Taehyung replied coldly. 

“Well he’s just a friend of Jin’s. Jin asked him to come,” Jimin answered and walked away. Taehyung thought back, trying to find a moment Jin brought up this Namjoon friend. He couldn’t recall any. “Well, next time you should join us. I’ll get going now.” Jimin saluted to Taehyung then left. 

 

>>>

 

Taehyung kissed Jin on the forehead. “I’ll be back around midnight,” he said and left for work. Jin went to the bedroom and grabbed his things. Once he heard Taehyung drive away, he pulled out his phone. “Joon, can you come pick me up?” 

 

Jin arrived at a pojangmacha with Namjoon. “Hey guys,” Namjoon said as they got to a table with some familiar guys. Jimin looked up once he heard Namjoon’s voice. Jin stuck onto him like a leech. Jimin stood up and went to sit next to Jin. “Hey Jin, I told Taehyung to join us next time. Where is he?” 

“He has work,” Jin replied shortly before turning his attention back to Namjoon and the guys. Jimin stared at the ground uncomfortably. He thought about his friend waiting up all night again and waking up with a puffy face and minor dark circles. 

“Hey Jin,” Jimin said and placed his hands on his thighs, slowly drawing it upwards. “Are you and Taehyung official?” He asked and did his best at ily biting his lips. 

“We aren’t, why?” Jin asked and relaxed a bit more. 

“I just thought you’d look better with me than him,” Jimin said seductively. Jin scooted closer towards the younger male. 

“Maybe. Can you handle me?” Jin said and rested his head on his hand. 

“I’m sure I can,” Jimin answered confidently.

“But Taehyung sure does do the work perfectly. I think I’ll just stay with him,” Jin quickly responded before turning away. Jimin sat back and looked at Jin’s back. 

“What is he doing?” Jimin whispered to himself. 

 

He excused himself from the group earlier than they would end to go check up on Taehyung. He knocked on the door multiple times, but there was no answer. “He didn’t pass out right? It’s only 23:00.” Jimin walked to the living room window and looked inside. Everything was just dark. Jimin walked away and pulled out his phone. He called Taehyung and waited on their driveway. He didn’t answer. Jimin tried again, then again, before giving up. He got in his car and drove to Taehyung’s work place. 

 

His eyes stuck onto the red street light, but something else caught his attention. A few blocks away, Namjoon and Seokjin were holding hands and leaning on each other. Namjoon even gave Jin a peck on the cheeks. Beep! Beep! Jimin shook back into focus and looked at the light that is now green. He drove to the block where he saw the guys and slowly turned the corner. Namjoon and Seokjin entered a car and drove away. 

 

“Taehyung!” Jimin shouted as he entered Taehyung’s studio. Taehyung turned around and leaned back in his chair. 

“Why are you here?”

“Where’s Seokjin?” Jimin asked after he closed the door. 

“At home…” Taehyung said and raised a brow. “Why did you ask?”

“He isn’t. He was just with me and the guys again. I saw him earlier with Namjoon, I don’t know where they went though,” Jimin said and sat down. Taehyung sat straight up now. 

“Are you sure that was Jin?” 

“Yes I’m sure.”

Taehyung’s eyes were stuck on the ground for a few seconds before he grabbed his phone and called Jin. “Hey Jinnie, are you asleep yet?” 

Jin yawned through the phone. “I was, but you called.”

“Awe, sorry for waking you up. I’ll be home in a bit, see you soon,” Taehyung said sweetly then hung up. He looked at Jimin.

“I’m not lying! Tell me a time where I lied to you,” Jimin quickly defended.

“There was that time when you said you got me a puppy but it turned out to be a snake that disappeared in my room for a week before we found it again,”

“That was in middle school!” Jimin stood up. “You need to go home, Jin’s been acting strange. He’s always with Namjoon whenever I see him. I even tried flirting with Jin to see if he’s just being flirtatious, but he rejected me. Why would he reject such a handsome guy like me?” 

Taehyung scoffed. “I would,” he joked. 

“Tsk, not my point. Go talk to Jin,” Jimin said and grabbed Taehyung’s keys and phone, shoving them into his chest. Taehyung looked at his best friend, then took the keys and phone from him and left. 

 

Taehyung quietly opened the door and sneaked inside. The house was quiet. Taehyung creeped to their bedroom door and pressed his ear against it. He heard nothing, assuming Jin was sleeping, he turned the doorknob gently and opened the door. On the bed, Jin slept peacefully. Taehyung let out a sigh of relief and changed out of his work clothes, then joined Jin on the bed. 

 

>>>

 

Taehyung was going over his new set of photos when Jimin bursted into his studio again. “Jin went over to Namjoon’s house,” he said and sat down on the couch in Taehyung’s studio. Taehyung turned to Jimin, annoyed. 

“What’s your problem? Are you a stalker now?” 

“Jin, he’s cheating on you Taehyung.” 

“No he isn’t,” Taehyung said and faced the computer screen again. He scrolled down the photos, deleting the horrible ones. 

“Taehyung, he’s lying to you,” Jimin tried to convince the man. Taehyung ignored him and deleted another photo. “Come with me tomorrow, I’ll show you.” Jimin stood up and left. Taehyung paused and thought about it. Why is his friend being so upset over his boyfriend. Unless… he’s telling the truth.

 

The next morning, Taehyung kissed Jin on the forehead and left. He drove around the block and parked nearby their home. A few minutes later, he saw his boyfriend enter a car he has never seen. He wanted more, so he followed them. The car stopped at a house in a different neighborhood. The guy who came out of the car was definitely Jin. Taehyung has never seen the other man with his boyfriend. He grabbed Jin’s hand like it was his and brought him inside. Taehyung clenched his fists then drove to Jimin’s. 

 

He pounded on the door. “What happened to you?” Jimin asked when he opened the door. Taehyung looked up. 

“I saw Jin with Namjoon, but I’m not positive,” Taehyung answered. Jimin sighed and invited him inside. 

“Do you want a beer?” Jimin offered. Taehyung sat down at the counter and nodded. Jimin grabbed two cans of beer out of the fridge and handed one to Taehyung.

 

They weren’t. Your eyes had traveled to another man. I thought you were something so valuable. A good valuable that is loyal. I thought you were my good valuable that is loyal. You almost made me yell at my best friend who was only trying to help me. I was going to beat him up you know. But I didn’t because he’s my best friend, and I should listen to what he has to say. Now, all the moments we shared will only and always live in my past, not yours.

 

Jin was out all day. He stopped cooking Taehyung meals. Stopped goodnight kisses, innocent looks, movie nights with long cuddles, small teasings, goodbye kisses at the door, and most importantly, he stopped talking to Taehyung. Taehyung didn’t understand. Before when he’d work a lot, Jin still waited and was patient. But suddenly, he changed, so suddenly. It was only in certain times where Taehyung had to work over hours. This time, they were helping out with a magazine, a huge one too.

 

>>>

 

Taehyung let out a deep breath and closed his laptop. He gently placed it in his bag and left. 

 

He got home and saw Jin in the living room. He had bags and suitcases surrounding him. An uneasy look sat on his face. Taehyung was worried, but laughed it off. “Jin, baby, wha- what are you doing?” Seokjin looked up, a tint of sadness spreat on his face. 

“Taehyung, I’m moving out.”

Taehyung tried not to have a heart attack. He hung his blazer on the kitchen chair and knelt down in front of Jin, grabbing his hands. “To where? Back to your hometown?” He kissed Jin’s hand and rested his head on Jin’s lap. Taehyung smiled as he nuzzled into Jin’s warm thighs. Jin bit back his tears and gently pushed Taehyung away.

“I’m, I’m moving into a friend’s house,” he started, but Taehyung held onto his hands tighter. “And I won’t be coming back. I don’t think I should stay any longer.”  Taehyung forced a smile even though his eyes started to get watery. He rubbed into Jin’s thighs more. 

“But I can come, right?” Taehyung asked with hope. A tear rolled down Jin’s cheeks. 

 

They’ve been together for seven years, and Jin was going to leave the man he loved for so long. He has another one waiting for him at home, one who he’s loved for only a month. “Taehyung stop it, you know what I mean,” Jin said annoyed and pushed the younger male away. He stood up and grabbed his things. Taehyung blocked Jin’s way and took his belongings. 

“No no no, you’re, you’re not breaking up with me, right?” Taehyung’s eyes were glossy and his voice was shaky. He looked at Jin, wishing he’d say, “No, of course not. Why would I? I love you Tae, only you. I love you so much.” But that wasn’t what came out of Jin’s mouth.

 

“I’m sorry Taehyung, but it’s the best for us,” he said and bent down to get his belongings from Taehyung. Taehyung stepped back, holding the bags and suitcase. 

“What did I do wrong? I’m sure we can fix it. Us being together is the best for us,” he pleaded. Jin sighed and reached for his things, but Taehyung stepped back again. “Tell me, tell me Jinnie.” Jin couldn’t bare to look at Taehyung. He looked off to the side and bit his lips. 

“We don’t spend time together anymore, and I found someone else,” he admitted. The tears that long awaited freedom finally fell from Taehyung’s eyes. 

“It’s Namjoon, isn’t it?” Taehyung asked.

“Ho- how do you know him?” Jin asked immediately, the name grabbing his attention. 

“You don’t think I knew this whole time? I knew, and I tried to work things out, but you were just never home,” Taehyung said, the tears still slowly falling. 

“Just- just give me my things,” Jin insisted and reached for them. Taehyung backed away. 

“Why? You’ve only just met him,” Taehyung said, trying to convince Jin out of this. Jin ignored the question and reached for the bags. “That’s why. You’re choosing him because in this short amount of time he’s already stole your heart.” Jin paused. Taehyung knew exactly why he was leaving him. Whenever Jin ignores him, it’s because the answer was obvious, that was the answer. 

 

He sighed and snatched the bags from Taehyung’s hand. Taehyung hid the suitcase behind him, carefully guarding it like a precious baby. “Don’t leave me, please. You’re all I have. You’re my universe, if you go I don’t know how to live,” he said softly. Jin rolled his eyes and grabbed onto the suitcase. Taehyung pulled it back and held on tightly. “Don’t go!” He cried.

“You’re acting like a child! Stop it Taehyung!” Jin shouted and Taehyung immediately let go of the suitcase. He froze and stared at Jin. 

“But, we used to act childishly together. It was fun...” Taehyung said, his voice trailing off. An annoyed look took over Jin’s face.

“That was then. We were young, you were practically a child,” Jin said harshly and rolled his suitcase away. Taehyung slid down onto the floor. He stared at the wall, where Jin was standing. A loud thud came from the front door. The house was silent, and a part of the home died. 

 

You left me that day. On our eighth anniversary. I had a romantic date planned out. We were going to eat at your favorite restaurant, and go back to that place you loved so badly. We were going to go star gazing and sleep on the soft grass. I was going to hold your hand all night and give you a kiss, one you’ve never experienced. I was going to let you take the steering wheel and control us. But you left. You left me. You left us. That restaurant now won’t feel as special. The stars won’t shine as bright. The grass would be hard. The kiss, will never happen. 

 

It’s been a year since Jin left Taehyung. He barely held on. Jimin was there for him when he could be, so he did heal a bit more day by day. Taehyung got off work early and headed home. He was going to go to the arcade with Jimin later that night. 

 

When Taehyung arrived, he found Jin at his door. Taehyung frowned and he looked at the ground as he walked up to the front door. “Threw away your keys?” Taehyung asked and opened the door. He walked in and didn’t bother to invite Jin. Jin stood at the doorway.

“Taehyung, I want to invite you to something. Here’s the invitation card,” Jin said and held out the card. Taehyung was setting his things down. 

“Is it some sort of get together part-“ he froze as he saw the words printed widely on the cover of the card. “Wedding?” 

Jin slowly drew his hand back, but Taehyung grabbed it before it could retreat. He snatched the card out of Jin’s hand and opened it. His heart shattered when he saw the date. “August 22, our anniversary. I guess you want only one anniversary,” he said with a chuckle. Tears formed at the corner of Jin’s eyes. 

“I-“ 

“Oh, and you’re having it at the Shilla Hotel. Fancy. You’ve always wanted to get married there, but we never had enough money for it,” Taehyung chuckled. “Looks like Namjoon is able to fulfill your every dreams.”

 

Taehyung laughed and looked up at the ceiling. He kept his head up, preventing the tears to even form. “Taehyung it’s not that-“

“Of course it’s not. I’ll be there,” Taehyung said and hung the card on his fridge, the magnet covering Namjoon’s face. Jin slowly walked out. 

“I’ll, I’ll get going now. See you then.” And he was gone. Taehyung punched the wall and breathed heavily. 

“See you in 60 years Jin,”

 

>>>

 

Seokjin wandered around the hotel, desperately looking for Taehyung. He ran into Jimin. “Jimin, have you seen Tae? He said he’d be here,” Jin said quickly. Jimin shook his head. 

“I haven’t, you sure he’s coming?” 

“Yes, I asked him a few days ago,” Jin pushed Jimin aside and continued searching again. 

 

~~~

 

Taehyung stared at his suit he had laid out on his bed. He sighed and it. “My poor wedding suit. Looks like you won’t be worn.” He grabbed his key off the table and got in his car. 

 

~~~

 

Seokjin started to sweat from all the running around. He bumped into Namjoon and shook his head. “Woah, babe you don’t look so good,” he said and looked over Jin’s face. His cheeks were red and his bangs were soak in sweat. “What were you doing?” 

“Running, great exercise before walking down that isle,” Jin said and gave Namjoon thumbs up.

“Haha, well looks like your exercise is done here. Go clean up, you’ll be walking down that isle in a few minutes,” 

Jin groaned.

“I’ll be waiting at the end as your reward,” Namjoon said convincingly. Jin smiled lightly and nodded. He left, but it was to continue his search. 

 

‘Taehyung where are you? I want to see you. I miss you.’ Jin’s heart started pounding. His long lover was nowhere to be found. Before he could continue looking, he was dragged away to get cleaned up.

 

~~~

 

Taehyung drove his car deep into the woods. He got out and threw his keys somewhere. The sunlight tried to shine on him through the trees. Taehyung walked, and walked until he arrived at the empty pool. He sighed and looked at his phone. 16:13. “They must’ve had their kiss already,” he said and lied down on the dirty mattress. 

 

~~~

 

Seokjin stood outside the wedding hall with his father. While waiting, he kept his eyes on the entrance, hoping Taehyung would walk through. The music started and the flower girls walked out. Jin was dragged out by his father. His eyes now looked at a man standing at the end of the long white carpet that looked so short to Jin. 

 

Jin-ah, how was your wedding? Was it fun? Did many people come? What type of cake did you guys have? Did the wedding look exactly like how you showed me 4 years ago? I’m sorry I wasn’t the guy who could make every one of your wishes come true. 

 

Seokjin did his best to walk slowly, but timed seem to be moving faster. A man he met a year ago smiled brightly just a few feet away from him. The man he met nine years ago was nowhere in sight. The man who helped him adapt to the city nine years ago wasn’t a few feet away from him. He was miles, many miles away from him. 

 

~~~

 

Taehyung lied on the mattress, staring at the photo of Jin and him. It was their first anniversary photo. He crumpled it up and threw it away. Taehyung sighed and stood up. He placed his phone on a rock and picked up a golf club. He swung the golf club and his phone flew into the puddle of water on the other side of the pool. Taehyung threw the golf club aside and climbed out of the pool. He shoved his hands in his pocket and looked around the beauty of this place. It was gone. The grass turned yellow. Patches of dirt invaded the ground. The trees was more than any year. The rocks were covered in dirt. He climbed them and walked to the edge, staring into the distant. 

 

~~~

 

Namjoon kissed Jin and everyone cheered. Jin got out of the room as soon as possible. He went out to the pool and looked into the water. His eyes traveled to the edge of the porch. A set of stairs led to the upper porch. Jin took small steps towards the stairs. He looked down, a single tear falling onto the city street.

 

~~~

 

Taehyung lifted up his arm and left them wide open. He smiled quickly before taking it off his face again. Taehyung walked to the edge of the rock and leaned forward. His body fell off the rock and hit a gush of wind, then trees and rocks. He got multiple scratches and cuts. His head bleed badly. His head banged on another rock, hitting his temple. His body finally laid still once it reached flat ground. His eyes, left opened. 

 

How are you doing Jinnie? You’ve gone your own way, and I’m now going my own way. Our path, has stopped moving forward. It’s lost the two hearts that created the path. I hope Namjoon loves you, just as much as I do.

 

~~~

 

Seokjin cried and leaned over the rail of the porch. “I just wanted to see you one last time before I go Taehyung! We did so much together for so many years! You loved me so much! I just wanted to see you, one, last time,” Jin sobbed. He hung his arms and head over the rail and cried. He cried until his sleeves were soaked in tears. From afar, Namjoon watched his newly wedded groom cry for another man. And in the far distant, Taehyung laid soullessly because of that newly wedded groom.