Intertwined Dreams -Intro

Intertwined Dreams

                   

                                                                      Christmas

 

And as always this time of the year our family is going to visit my grandparents. It is our family tradition. I miss them a lot because I get to see them only twice a year. They live so far away from us it takes 3 hours to get there. This long journey is annoying especially this year. My brother wanted to take his girlfriend who I don’t like very much, but she had a family commitment and couldn’t come. I felt relieved she is not coming until my brother told me that his friend is coming instead. I asked Mom if I could sit in front and she said Of Course....No. So annoying! I am stuck in the back with these two. As soon as the car starts moving I put in my headphones look out of the window. I love this winter season everything is so beautiful. The air smells pure and fresh. Everything seems quieter there is a sense of serenity. I got startled when someone gently touched my shoulder. I take my headphones off and look away from the window to see who seeked my attention.

Step Brother: Y/N, you seriously going to ignore us all the way to grandparent’s house?

Y/N: Wow... How did you know that’s what I have been planning to do?

Step Brother: Ha-ha...you think that you are funny?

I ignored what he said and I was going to put my headphones on, but he grabbed one of them and put it in his ear. I look a bit annoyed, but I say nothing.

Step Brother: Let’s listen to music together.

I put another ear bud in to my ear and he moves closer to me. I start playing my playlist. Time was passing very slowly. After some time his friend spoke.

Brother’s Friend: Hey you two! What am I here for if you stuck together and ignore me!

Step Brother: Hey look Y/N...He is jealous because you don’t give him attention...

Brother’s friend: I am not jealous! I just ignore their bickering and look outside.

Dad: We are more than half way there hang in there.

I just nod and look out the window. Its dark already and the weather is getting worse. It is very hard to see anything outside due to the snow storm. I look to the front and I see that Mom is sleeping.

Y/N: Dad....please be careful the visibility is very bad.

Dad: Don’t worry Y/N. Everything is okay.

Somehow I have a bad feeling I don’t know why. Like half an hour gone and the weather just gone worse.

Y/N: Dad! Look out!

The car in front of us swerved, out of control. Dad tried to avoid it but failed. Our car was now spinning out of control. I saw the other car flipped over. Our car rolled over and the noise of the metal collide with the concrete was deafening. When everything stopped there was only the sound of the storm. I was awake. I would rather be unconscious. I could see blood everywhere. I could taste the blood pooling in my mouth. I felt the aching everywhere in my body. How am I still alive? Mom...Dad....Brother....I tried to speak, but only whispers came out. I can’t move....I am scared. I feel tears start rolling down my cheeks.

Step Brother: Y/N?

Y/N: Brother! I somehow manage to call out to him.

Step Brother: Stay strong Y/N! Someone is coming to help us!

He somehow manages to hold out his hand to me and I take it with last strength I have left. As I hold on to his hand I feel less pain. I look down to my hand that is holding his and I see some kind of light radiating from my hand and the pain I had is dissipating. I look at him and he is unconscious. What just happened? Everything else was a blur. I don’t remember clearly how I got out from the car.

 

I opened my eyes and closed it because the light hurt my eyes.

 

Grandma: Dear you are finally awake?!

I open my eyes and try to adjust to the light. Finally I look at the person who called me.

Y/N: Grandma? What happened? I see grandfather entering the room.

Grandpa: Y/N, you are finally awake. He comes closer to my bed.

Y/N: How did we get out?! Where is everybody else? Tell me they got out?!

Grandpa: Y/N, you need to relax.

Grandma: Baby, Listen I don’t think this is the time. You just woke up after so long. You should take rest. She turns to my grandpa and says.

Grandma: Darling, can you please call a doctor. He leaves the room.

Y/N: Please tell me..

Grandma: I am so sorry Y/N, but they are gone.

Iris: No...No...No! This can’t be true! I feel so lost and I start crying.

The grandpa and nurse enter the room.

Nurse: Oh.... Hello. Our Miracle patient is awake.

Y/N: Miracle?

Nurse: Yes. Emergency staff took you out of the car. You were unconscious. Ambulance brought you here, but doctors did not find a single scratch on you. I am sorry for your loss. I just have one question.

I look at her shocked. Could it be that after touching my brother I healed? How is this possible?

Y/N: What question?

Nurse: Did you know the people in the other car?

Now I remember there was the another car.

Y/N: No, but are they okay?

Nurse: It is too early to say. I just asked because we have trouble locating their families. I am sorry to give you all these bad news. You are totally fine. We can’t understand how, but we are discharging you today.

I don’t reply just look down and think about the accident and how I didn’t experience any trauma. I remember all the blood and pain. How is this all possible?

Grandma: Thank you. Let’s go and fix the discharge papers.

They all leave the room. And I am just drowning in my sorrow. I am all alone.

 

                                                                      1 week later

 

This week gone very fast. I can’t believe all that happened is real. I couldn’t stay at my parent’s house because of all the memories so I rented a small flat. My grandparents wanted to take care of me, but they understood that I need some space. I dropped out of college of course my grandparents don’t know it yet. Anyway I am still trying to get better from the accident, but I still have nightmares about that night. The other thing is I found out how I survived the accident.

 

Flashback

 

Lots of people came to the funeral and it was so hard. I was an emotional mess. My grandparents were by my side all the time. When everything was finished I collapsed on my knees crying my eyes out. When I was on the ground I heard people saying things like “poor girl” and such. They pitied me.

Y/N: Can all of you stop saying these things! I say loudly. I was feeling hurt and angry.

Grandpa: Dear, no one is saying anything. What’s wrong? He asks and tries to get me up.

As soon as he touched me the same thing happened as with my brother in a car. Next thing I know it is my Grandpa on the ground breathing heavily. My grandma helps him to get up. Then I understood I have some kind of energy absorbing power. I hurt people by touching them. That’s not all I found out the funeral day when I heard those people calling me a “poor girl” they did not say it out loud....they thought it. I found out this because there was another incident. It happened when I was at work. I got a job at 24 Hour Store. The job is okay, but I am doing it because i dont have to interact with lots of people. One guy entered the shop it was almost 1 am. He walks right pass me and I thought I heard him say how he is going to rob this shop. I was behind the counter. For protection the owner always kept a bat behind the counter. I took it and head towards that guy. I tap on his shoulder with a bat. He turns to me and says.

Man: What?

Iris: Get out now! You are not going to rob this place so easily!

Man: Who said I want to rob this place?

Iris: You Did! Now get out or I will beat you with this!

Man: WOW.... lady relax. I never said that! Put that bat down.

He takes a step closer and then I understand he didn’t say it out loud he thought about it when he enter the shop and though about it again right now. I hit him twice with a bat and he runs away cursing at me. Who am I? I Can read minds I can take peoples energy just by touch. Why is this happening to me? I am trying to deal with this. I am learning about the powers I have. I am learning how to use them. I have been practicing mind reading power. I learned that I can give or take life from people and nature. I can heal myself from any injury. I have been practicing, but I can’t control these powers so I limit my interaction with people because I don’t want to hurt them.

 

Flashback End

 

Day 1

 

I wake up in a cold sweat. I just got a nightmare about a... I think I was in a park with someone... I can’t remember it clearly. Let’s forget it. It is time to get ready for work. I shower and get dressed. I take one last look in the mirror and leave the flat. From my flat it takes like 30 min to my work. I just need to cross the park. I check my watch it is 22 30. It is okay I will be in time.

It is very dark and unusually foggy tonight. I think to myself as I walk through the park. I look around, but the park lights are out. Today this park looks creepy. I realize something....It kind of looks like my dream. I shake this thought off and keep walking. After 10 min of walking I stop as I see someone just standing and looking at the sky. I walk a bit closer, and I can’t believe my eyes. It is a man with black wings?! I just can’t take my eyes of the wings I think he heard me. He turns to me and stares at me. I also can’t take my eyes off of him. He does completely unexpected thing. He smiles to me and start walking closer to me. As he gets closer I am feeling a bit scared. He is now standing in front of me and speaks.

Man: Wow?!You are either brave or just stupid?!Run.

Y/N: What? Why should I run? I still stand my ground and look at him. I am not feeling scared. I look into his eyes and they show so many emotions: sadness, angriness, loneliness.

Man: You are not scared?

Y/N: No.

He looks amused by my answer. Lots of thoughts are running through his mind, but it is difficult for me to exactly know what he is thinking. I need to find out more about him. I need to know who he is. In my mind I know what I am going to do next can be dangerous, but I do it anyway.

 

Y/N: Take me with you please....