Final

The Door Is Locked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jiminie, my bro, Stop worrying too much you small precious bean."

Taehyung has him in a very tight hug and even though Jimin doesn’t like how his friend has called him small especially a bean still didn’t want to let go from his bestfriend’s hug. But then Taehyung in the end still pulled away from him and then flashed him a huge boxy smile. His bestfriend’s gaze soon landed again on the closed door right in front of them. Probably the only excited one among them two, Taehyung was about to knock on the door but then Jimin quickly holds onto his hand, stopping him from doing just that.

"W-wait Tae.”Jimin whispered earning him instantly a pout from the other, knowing what he was about to say next”I really don’t know. I don't think I can do this."

Jimin also really thinks he will cry at that very moment. He knows whether he do it or not he will cry anyway but he thinks it will hurt more the moment he hears what the guy inside the room will say to him once he finally blurts out all the feelings he has hidden from him all this time.

Actually Jimin was not supposed to confess now. Hell he wasn’t even think ing about confessing this soon - maybe when they were fifty or something – but then Taehyung told him that the guy inside was finally crushing on someone, despite all of their friends voting him as being the one who was unlikely to fall in love. But Taehyung said the guy inside the room has told him that he has found someone who is really pretty and Jimin thinks that, right, maybe that’s the reason. Jimin wondered how pretty that girl is to catch the eye of someone who doesn’t show any interest to any girls that approach him before. Jimin knows his eyes were still puffy from crying every night after hearing that news from Taehyung.

And now here he was standing at the very door of the guy who has broken his heart and he knows will break his heart even more once he opened this door. The guy who refused to socialize with their other friends in his own house but the other guys didn’t complain because he bribed them with pizza so that they will leave him alone for now. And now Jimin was the one who will be bothering him, because more important than pizza, Taehyung convinced him that if not now he may not be really able to do this. Even with the impending rejection that he knows was what only awaits him from the other side of this door; Jimin also doesn't want his feelings to get burried without even telling it to the guy even once. He just wants to tell him. Yes that's it. He will never really expect anything back.

"..min min. jiminine...chim chim--"

Jimin's mind didn't register his friend calling him by all his nicknames as he was once again stuck on an internal battle where part of him was telling him to just back out and save himself from the embarrassment while the other part was pushing him to just do it so that he can finally move on. But then three loud knocks was what snapped him finally out from his thoughts.

Jimin’s eyes shot instantly to his left and there goes his very own bestfriend Taehyung almost stumbling as he runs at the hallway then down the stairs. And if only the sound of the door opening didn't make his eyes tear away from his friend, Jimin will see Taehyung stopping and peeking from down the stairs with a huge grin on his face.

"Jimin"

Jimin felt a lump on his throat at the coldness of the guy’s tone. Actually he was always like this to him anyway and that’s the reason why Jimin thinks the guy doesn’t like him even just a little bit. Wearing his trade mark white shirt and ripped blue jeans that shows a little bit of pale skin, his ultimate crush Min Yoongi was standing right in front of him with a lazy expression on his face as always. The guy looks like he really doesn’t want to see him and maybe that’s why he was not really looking directly at him now. Jimin felt his palms sweat as he realized that he of course needed to answer this guy’s question.

"I...I'm---Hyung I..." Jimin curses inside his head when he suddenly can’t speak a proper sentence. That’s why he doesn’t want to do it in the first place. “Hyung I w-want…I mean I—“

The guy has scoffed and Jimin's eyes widened when the guy looks like he was about to close the door. So out of panic Jimin ended up finally blurting out what he wanted to say.

"I want to tell you something!" Yet Jimin didn’t expect himself to really shout that loud. He feels his face stiffened after yelling that and he immediately drop down his gaze to the floor.

“O…kay” the guy drawled and Jimin can almost see the impatient look on the guy’s face.

Jimin realized that there was no way out of it now. He was gonna confess to his crush while standing outside his bedroom door and maybe Taehyung who might be still lurking around or any of the other guys who were eating pizza  downstairs may overhear how Yoongi will coldly reject him later. Jimin gulped as he force words again out of his mouth but his mouth just hanged open as he once again struggled to speak. Yes he knew this will happen.

A deep sigh from the other guy and Jimin was about to close his eyes because of the embarrassment but then his head just shot upward once again when he felt a hold on his arm.

"Inside"

Jimin didn't expect when the guy really pull him inside his room. He was too stunned for a minute that he didn’t even noticed the sound of the door being locked. All he sees was whenYoongi finally headed to a chair inside the room and he also noticed the crumpled papers lying on the floor. He was really disturbing the guy from his work and because of what? Because he wants to finally tell him about his stupid feelings that he knows will never be reciprocrated anyway.

"So…”the guy sighed, eyes looking now on a piece of paper on his table while his fingers were slowly tapping on the desk”What is it?"

The guy, who Jimin finds out just want to sit while he talked to him, that’s why Jimin was dragged inside the room in the first place, motioned for Jimin to sit on his bed, maybe because there was no other seat inside the room except the one the guy was sitting on right now. But Jimin shakes his head.

"It's o-okay hyung. This will be quick"

Jimin felt his heart wildly thumped in his chest when the guy’s eyes finally landed on him.

”Go on then.”

Jimin knows he should be happy right now. But because of what he was about to tell the guy he really can’t bask in the attention the guy was giving him now. He was preparing himself to hear the guy laugh which he wasn’t really sure if he has heard before or maybe just a scoff from him later because of how stupid his next words will be. The need to back out the last minute was so strong but he is here now isn't he? So he better just get over it and after that he will leave this room like nothing happened.

"But promise me you won't say anything hyung. Just don’t speak."

"Why?" the guy asked, eyes never leaving him and maybe because it is really the first time the guy has looked at him for that long, Jimin feels somehow uncomfortable that he has to look down again and play with his fingers.

"B-because what I will say is really not important. And I don't need any answer.” Because Jimin already knows what the answer will be”I just want to say it…to you."

The older guy didn’t say anything yet Jimin thinks that he must be slowly getting annoyed. But then Yoongi just mumbled a ‘sure’.  Jimin takes a deep breath and then he finds himself turning around so now he was facing the door and his back facing the guy. Now that Yoongi has finally looked at him, he was now the one who wouldn’t look at him as they talk. Jimin thinks this is better. He was too embarrassed to even face him as he confesses because even with his head down he can feel his stare directly at him.

"What are you doing?" If Jimin wasn't too nervous he would notice the slight tremble in the guy's voice upon seeing him hold on the doorknob. "Jimin if you step out of that door—“

“I like you Yoongi Hyung”

Jimin closes his eyes tightly as he cuts the guy’s words.

“Like…” Jimin breathed out. “…not just as a friendly like o-okay, but like as in you know…I see you as a man” what was he saying.

Jimin’s hand shakes on top of the doorknob as he squealed inside both in embarrassment and relief. He can’t believe he finally said it. But he wondered if he has said it loud enough for the guy to hear. His question was soon answered when he heard a laugh before Yoongi finally speak.

“Jimin if this is a prank—“

“It’s not a prank!” Jimin was instantly upset by those words that came out of Yoongi. So he laughed because he thought it is a prank? Yoongi thinks that his confession was a joke?

“Taehyung told you to do that.”

Despite the laugh earlier, the tone of the guy’s voice was as cold as always as he not asked but stated those words. Jimin finds himself nodding anyway with still his eyes closed because it is really true.

“Yes Hyung. But not as a prank…he told me to confess” Jimin weakly answered suddenly hesitating whether to just really say that it is just a prank. But then he shakes that thought away instantly. He has already gone this far to back out now”It’s what I really feel. Believe me Hyung.”

This time he heard a scoff from Yoongi and despite the heightening embarrassment Jimin forced himself to continue, feeling the need to explain himself because it is the right time and maybe the only time he can really tell the guy how he really feels.

“I-it’s everytime we hang out with the other guys even though you rarely talk to me…or whenever we went to your rap gigs with Namjoon hyung but you never look at me. Still my heart would beat fast just knowing we were in the same room. It's really hard not to smile just by seeing your face. I r-really don’t know how or when it started but I just started liking you more and more. I really do…I…think hyung is the coolest when he raps and when you are working seriously. “Jimin pauses and takes a deep breath before he force out his next words ”Hyung is so cute and handsome...even in simple clothes. J-just like now."Jimin feels his cheeks burning and his fingers curling at his own words. Wow. He really says everything.

There was no answer and Jimin wondered if Yoongi still think of this as a joke and if he is silent because he is annoyed or he is silent because he was forcing himself not to laugh again. But wait isn’t this is what he wanted? Yes Jimin didn’t want to hear his answer. Jimin tightened his hold on the doorknob as he decided to go and say everything before he leaves. There is no turning back after this anyway, like literally he will close the door behind him once he steps out and won’t even look back even if Yoongi follows him which he really doubts the guy will.

"But you already like someone else.”The younger guy breathed out, his chest tightening just by saying that “Someone who is really pretty, right hyung? And I understand that you can never return my feelings but I still wanted to tell you that I like you. I think this is the only way to get it out of my chest so I can try to forget about you soon. She…is really lucky and I hope she will treat you well. Hyung--"

"What--"

“Don’t.”Jimin shakes his head frantically not really wanting the guy to say anything ”Hyung I’m sorry for telling you all of this now. I know it is selfish of me. But please don't let my feelings burden you. Now that I finally told you about how I feel I know I can get over you soon I promise." Jimin honestly doubts that but he still want to make the other guy not feel too guilty about it.”I really just want to say that I like you hyung even though I know you won’t like me back. It’s stupid I know but…”

Jimin let his words hanged. He has recited an essay already. He should stop. He lets out a deep breath not really knowing if he was relieved after saying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter