1.

My Annoying (But Really Cute) Neighbour

"Hey, loser." A voice came from near the window.
Jinsoul screamed, almost falling out her seat, glaring at the person.
"Jesus, Jungeun... Would you STOP coming in through the WINDOWS, it scares the hell out of me every TIME!" Jinsoul growled at the younger girl.
"You never answer the door though, it's the only way I can get in!" Jungeun whined before shuffling over to Jinsoul, flopping next to her on the couch.
"Maybe there's a reason I never answer the door..." Jinsoul grumbled to herself.
Jinsoul had moved into the house four years ago and had been stuck with Jungeun ever since then.
"Hi there! Welcome to the neighbourhood. I'm Jungeun! I hope we'll get along well. You're cute!"
Ever since that day, Jungeun had visited her every day and they'd gotten very close. Jungeun coming in through the windows was a recent thing.
"So, whatcha watching?" Jungeun asked as she kicked off her shoes, making herself comfy.
"A documentary--" Jinsoul started.
"Seriously? You're getting old! Only old people watch documentaries." Jungeun snorted.
"Says the one who watched a whole documentary about that American TV show host... What was her name again?" Jinsoul asked.
"Listen. You know Oprah has a special place in my heart." Jungeun whined, hitting the older girl's shoulder.
"Whatever. Let me finish my documentary." Jinsoul mumbled as she turned the volume up higher.
"God, you're so boring..." Jungeun sighed, slumping into the couch and closing her eyes.

Jungeun ended up sleeping over that night. They had school in the morning, so they went together and arrived in their first class for the day and sat at one of the desks, talking.
"Anyway--" Jungeun suddenly stopped as she pushed Jinsoul's bottle off the table.
"Why would you do that?!" Jinsoul glared at the younger girl. "I swear to god, one of these days I'm gonna kill you..."
Jinsoul got up out of her seat and bent over to pick up her bottle.
"Hey, I can see your underwear." Jungeun said with a grin.
"Why are you looking?" Jinsoul stood up quickly, straightening her skirt out.
"It's one of those things where you see it and then you kinda can't look away even though you should." Jungeun said. "Like a car crash."
"Are you saying my underwear makes you think of a car crash?" Jinsoul frowned.
"No! Oh god, this is awkward." Jungeun groaned, hiding her face in her hands. "Just... Pretend I didn't speak."
The teacher came in and hushed the rest of the class, so they turned their attention the front of the room, pretending that awkward encounter hadn't happened.

Jungeun can't remember when she started crushing on Jinsoul. It was kind of a "wow, you're a pretty girl and you live next door and like I don't know if I wanna date you or be you" thing which turned into a "wow you're so perfect everything you do is perfect and I wanna kiss you and cuddle you and date you" thing. Everything Jinsoul did was just so... Perfect. It wasn't fair. Jungeun was just some awkward fumbling mess all the time whilst Jinsoul seemed so elegant and ethereal and all the good things. Jungeun had gotten close to telling Jinsoul many times, but always panicked and stopped.
The two were at a party and had stepped outside for some air since it was pretty crowded and hot. They were both stood on the balcony, taking in the nightlife. Jinsoul looked especially stunning from the angle Jungeun was staring at her from.
"I can see you staring at me, you know. Is there something on my face or something?" Jinsoul laughed, turning to the younger girl.
Jungeun shook her head. "I wasn't staring! I was just... Phased out and stuff." Jungeun mumbled.
"Sure, whatever." Jinsoul grinned.
Jungeun suddenly felt something inside her telling her to tell Jinsoul everything, all the hidden feelings inside.
"Uh, Jinsoul? Can I tell you something?" Jungeun asked.
"Go ahead." Jinsoul turned to the younger girl.
Jungeun suddenly froze. "I... Uh... I... I just wanted to tell you.... That... You're a really good friend!" Jungeun said, mentally smacking herself for being such a coward.
"That's random, but thanks." Jinsoul giggled, ruffling Jungeun's hair. "You're weird. But also a good friend."

Jungeun hadn't really attempted to act upon her feelings since then.


"Hey, why do you look so red?" Jinsoul's voice brought her out of her thoughts.
They were in sports class. They hadn't even done anything since Jinsoul decided she wanted to sit in the gym and listen to music and hide from their teacher.
"Oh, it's just super hot in here." Jungeun said, not making eye contact.
"Are you sure?" You know, you've been acting really weird lately." Jinsoul said. "Is something bothering you? Do you have a crush? Oh my gosh! You're turning more red! You do! Who is it? Is it someone we know?"
"Shut up!" Jungeun whined. "I don't wanna talk about it."
"But I'm your best friend! Just tell me." Jinsoul grinned. "Is it a boy or girl?"
Jungeun sighed. "A girl."
"Do we know them?"
"Yes. Well. I do."
"Are they in our year?"
"Yes."
"This class?"
"...Yes."
"Ooh, that narrows it down." Jinsoul giggled, before she began listing every girl in the class, all to which Jungeun said no to.
"I've listed everyone in our class and you've said no. You're so annoying..." Jinsoul grumbled.
"There was one you didn't say." Jungeun said.
"Who?"
"Use your brain."
Jinsoul paused for a moment to think.
"...Me?"
Jungeun didn't respond. She only looked down, her cheeks flushing red.
"It's me, isn't it?" Jinsoul stared at Jungeun, who wasn't replying. "How long for? Why didn't you say anything?"
"Since I first saw you..." Jungeun mumbled with a sigh. "I didn't wanna ruin our friendship. Are you mad?"
"Why would I be mad? Jungeun, you're so dumb." Jinsoul whined, hitting the younger girl's shoulder.
"Why?" Jungeun looked up, finally making eye contact with Jinsoul.
"Because I've liked you this whole time too."
They spent the rest of sports class kissing each other.