If You Leave

Solo Stage Revenge

I don't usually write fanfiction, but SunSun inspired me to. Laughs.

 

---

 

 “Ohh, I want to watch Don't Don, put it on!”

 

Oh come on, Sooyoungie, we've been watching the choreography for that song for years.”

 

Pft, she's only obsessed with Don't Don because Ryeowook-oppa loses the cute image in that song for a hot one – hey, hands off, Sooyoung-ah, like it isn't true!” Yuri retreated wildly as Sooyoung's hands came up to close around her neck, causing her to crash right into Jessica, who threw them both a look of mock affront.

 

Ignoring the chaos that threatened to erupt behind her, Taeyeon's eyes scanned the list of videos on the page, before finally lighting up as they landed on a few labelled with individual members' names. “Why don't we start with their solo stages? We can get to the group performances later.”

 

Since Taeyeon was the leader (and the one with the mouse in her hand), the other members gave in, and settled down as their leader efficiently tabbed a list of their oppas' solo stages on their browser, then clicked the first one on.

 

They were in numerical order, and as the title One Fine Spring Day flashed across the screen, the members aah-ed as they realised that it was Ryeowook's solo. However, the first person to appear wasn't Ryeowook, but a body shot of a man strumming his guitar.

 

Hey, that's Sungmin-oppa's guitar.” Sunny suddenly piped up, recognising it from the days when he had taught her to play the guitar. Of course, he often played for her nowadays, whenever their schedules allowed for it, but... admittedly, she was usually too focused on the man himself to pay attention to his instrument.

 

Of course you would recognise your Sungmin-oppa, even if they didn't show his face.” Sooyoung teased, nudging an elbow into the shorter girl's arm.

 

Just shut up and watch your Ryeowook-oppa sing, shikshin.”

 

And with that, Sooyoung promptly fell into silence (although that was probably more because Ryeowook had started singing).

 

Truthfully, Sunny probably wouldn't have noticed even if Sooyoung had continued rambling on – she was riveted by Sungmin's serious expression as he played (he looked tired, and while she knew that was to be expected with concert preparations, her heart still ached for him).

 

Wow, Sungmin-oppa is really good on the guitar.” Tiffany commented from next to Sunny, flashing her a smile. “I'll bet he plays for you often. Right, Sunny-ah?”

 

Startled from her worrying, Sunny beamed back at Tiffany. “He does, though he hasn't the last few times we met up. We didn't have time for much else other than supper.” One might have expected Sunny to be sad about the fact, but she was realistic, and she accepted it (as best as she could, anyway), because she knew that it was a miracle they could steal time together in the first place.

 

Ahh, next is Kyuhyun-oppa. Maknae, do you want the front-row seat for this one?” Taeyeon teased.

 

It's fine, unnie! I can see the screen from here.”

 

Aww, is that a hint of a blush I see on our maknae's face? It seems Kyu-oppa is really the only other thing besides goguma that you're interested in!” Tiffany teased.

 

With the chaos (that had restarted) as the video of Kyuhyun's solo began to play, Sunny was silent, remembering her most recent date with Sungmin. It had been three weeks ago, and since then, preparations for their own 2nd Asia Tour had kept her almost too busy to sleep, let alone meet him. That reminded her that she still hadn't chosen her solo song...

 

Earth to Sunny!” Jessica waved a hand in front of the other girl's face, only relenting when her eyes blinked back into focus. “Kyuhyun-oppa's solo ended while you weren't paying attention,” she informed her dryly.

 

Sooyoung snickered a little. “The next one is Sungmin-oppa, so we thought to bring you back from outer space.”

 

Sunny brightened at that. “He said he was doing a dance this time round.” She dropped her hands on Taeyeon's shoulders enthusiastically, ensuring that her vantage point gave her a clear view of the screen. “Play it, Tae!”

 

And Sunny was immediately enthralled. Sungmin-oppa looked incredible, and the dance was pretty seductive. She noted that some of the other members were ooh-ing, equally surprised by Sungmin's choice for his solo stage.

 

Sunny's good mood lasted a total of 30 seconds before she found out what the four female backup dancers were there on stage for.

 

- - -

 

Uh oh, looks like Sunny's getting mad.” Hyoyeon muttered, as she saw her friend poke her tongue into her cheek in a very familiar gesture.

 

The other girls glanced at Sunny, worried if she would explode on them. “Maybe we should call Sungmin-oppa and warn him?” Seohyun suggested cautiously.

 

Yuri shrugged. “He chose the song, he can face Sunny for it himself.”

 

Taeyeon watched her friend (who was intently watching Sungmin dancing provocatively with the girls) carefully, and decided that at the very least, Sunny didn't look like she was going on a murdering rampage. That would have to do for now.

 

- - -

 

As the stage plunged into darkness on the screen, Sunny blinked and shifted her gaze away from the screen to see all her members watching her as if a lighted fuse. “What's wrong?”

 

You're not going to explode, are you, Sunny-unnie?” Yoona asked carefully.

 

The girls were confused when Sunny only smiled confusedly at them. “No. Why would you think so?”

 

Uh... because you just saw Sungmin-oppa dance provocatively with several other girls?” Yuri ventured.

 

The aegyo queen merely smiled at them reassuringly. “I'm not that petty. I know stuff like that is part of Sungmin-oppa's job, and he only chose a hot routine so that he could break out of his cute image, that's all.” The confusion in her eyes returned when the other eight girls let out a collective sigh of relief.

 

- - -

 

Later that night, Sunny turned over in bed, adjusting her covers as she did. Taeyeon was fast asleep in the bed opposite hers, but she wasn't ready to sleep yet.

 

Well, she hadn't been lying to the girls about understanding that it was part of Sungmin's job, and about his motive for doing so. Nonetheless, she was jealous.

 

She hated admitting it, but she was. Especially the scene when the dancers had run their hands down Sungmin's bare chest (damn it, even she hadn't touched him so intimately yet).

 

That was when the perfect song for her as yet undecided stage popped into her mind, and she knew exactly what concept she wanted for it. She grinned, satisfied, as she curled up and finally relaxed into sleep.

 

- - -

 

Hello, manager-oppa? I've decided on my solo stage.... yeah. You know Britney Spears' Three? That's the one. I want to move away from this cute image I have, and try a y one... mhm, tell me if the higher-ups approve of it, oppa. Thank you.”

 

She had no grounds for revenge, but payback was definitely in line. Sungmin-oppa had poked her in the side with his solo stage, so she was going to poke him back a few times with hers.

 

----

Well, I hope this was a fun read ^^

Inspired by my reactions to Sungmin's SS3 and Sunny's 2nd Asia Tour solo. (Three was hot.)

I might have changed the timeline a little, I'm not that sure.