1/2

The Gluttons


New Torlan is a dark and damp town where mostly the poor lives. the surrounding was dirty filled with trash and rats, even the water was too dirty to drink from.  

The people were equally as dirty and they were malnourished with sunken cheeks and tired eyes. they sit and stray around the streets searching for food or work. standing out from everything were 7 young men walking firmly down the streets in their soldier clean white and black uniforms. 

“are you sure it's here?” jin asked looking disgusted at the dirty surroundings.

“well that is what is written here!..2nd alms street of new Torlan” Namjoon reads out expecting closer to the small paper given to him by their master. 
 

 


the other grumbled as they were thinking their master had fooled them again with false information.

“why are you going there?”  old weary voice spoke. they turn to see the frail old lady holding an empty basket in her hand looking at them deep sunken eyes. 

“do you have any idea who lives there?”  she asked clearly frighten. Namjoon and the boys exchange stares. they knew who they were dealing but they needed more information to go around with.

“no, not really” Taehyung answered the old lady look at them as if they had gone crazy. 

“who lives there?” jungkook joined. The lady took a step forward towards the boys. 

“the people that live there are the most group of horrible people I have ever seen… they take what they want, whenever they want from money, food, water ....everything! They take it and own it” she hissed in anger

“that sound greedy ” Hoseok joke but the old lady glared at him making him drop his smile.

“greedy? Oh no there more than that…they crave for more..they are never satisfied, they want more and more and keep it all for themselves…they're not just greedy... their Gluttons” she snaps stepping back. 

“and lately earthly desires has not satisfied them... now they are craving something more outrageous … more frightening” she starts shaking in fear her small body trembled just by merely thinking of the things those people can do.

"if they are so frighting why are there still people and you live near their area," Jimin asked looking around the streets. 

the old lady scuffed and shook her head " we mean nothing to them..they gain nothing from us but the feeling of superiority" she bitter smiled. she looks at them again this time she had a more serious expression.

“you are young and naive, so if you want to live, stay away from those people,”  she says. she took step back and walked away. 

once she was gone Yoongi couldn’t help but laugh at the situation “ as if we don’t already know whats up” he muttered as he turns and walks away. soon the others followed him same amused smile. 

namjoon read again the information given to us” Hoseok ask. 

the latter nodded and took out more papers out of his bag.
“the Gluttons… group of annoying brats that been causing a lot of trouble for the nobles and the higher up with their countless thieving and attacking the royal meetings and people for no apparent reason; the king  had enough and gave order to put them down” Namjoon read the content of the document about the criminals they were ordered to take down. 

“but we weren’t the first to be given this mission” jin say out loud taking the document off namjoon grasp.  “we're the fifth group from A ranks to try and stop them”.

“ we're the fifth?” Jungkook exclaimed surprised they weren’t the first. Jin nodded “ yes…so they are a force not to be taken lightly”. Looking at the younger who was always impulsive in their missions.

“his pointing that out to you kid” Taehyung grin making the younger growled pushing away. “ cant blame him jungkook you are too reckless in fights” Jimin chimed next to taehyung. The latter glared to him and shake his head “ no I’m not” 

“Please, who was the one sent to the hospital for charging into a house full of explosive traps?” Hoseok join the teasing making the younger angrier.  “ shut up!”. They all laugh in delight but soon stop when namjoon took their attention

“enough…were here,”  he says they turn to see a large marvelous mansion that stood in contrast to its penury surroundings. The gates were wide open but no one dared to enter in fear of the wrath of those that live in that house. 

“not exactly how I pictured it”  jimin say as he the other entered the place. “is this really the right place??”  Hoseok looked around well maintained Terrance. 

“one way to find out”  Yoongi stood by the door and gave it a hard kick. knocking it down to the ground. 

“Impatient as ever” Jin sighed as they entered the manor.  Everything inside was beautiful they had elegant color and royal designs, it was like entering a princess castle with golden pillars and stairs and beautiful flowers being decorated all around.

“ no one seems to be here” Yoongi muttered as walk further into the house. When suddenly something hard fell on top of his head making him yelp in pain “ ouch! what the f-" he stopped when he looks up to see something he didn’t expect to see. 

So did his comrades. they all stood frozen staring at the girl that seats on the second-floor balcony railing looking down with a bored expression. 

“didn’t your mother ever teach you to knock first before entering someone's home” she quoted in a matter-of-fact way.