Dinner Plans

Dinner Plans

Music played in the background. The voices of Super Junior KRY + HaeMin’s ballads played softly. The mood was set. You lit the last candle on the table. Looking around you turned off the main lights, placing the room in strategic mood lighting. Turning to the table, you notice that one of the plate settings are missing silverware.

 

Rushing to the kitchen, you pulled out the needed silverware. Before running back to the dining area, you pulled open the oven to check on the roasting chicken.

 

“Still a bit more,” you mumbled to yourself after checking the temperature. The smell was intoxicating and you hoped he would enjoy the dinner you were making.

 

Grabbing a few other things, you ran back to the dining room, placing the missing silverware around the plate. Pausing to take stock of the room and make sure there wasn’t anything missing, you sat down. Looking across the table, your daydream was obscured by the long flowers in the middle.

 

Staring at the flowers, you imagined Donghae, you boyfriend of 8 months, sitting across from you.

 

“Ah!” you exclaimed while grabbing the flowers and heading back to the kitchen. Slipping them out of the vase, you found a shorter one and cut the flowers accordingly.

 

“Now we’ll be able to look into each other’s eyes while we eat…” you said looking at your newly arrange bouquet. Fluffing them into perfection, you brought them to the table.

 

The timer in the kitchen went off and you ran back to check the chicken again. The temperature was correct and you pulled it out. You grabbed everything and set the table, arranging the food perfectly between you. Feeling a little worn out from everything, you ran upstairs to refresh. After fixing your makeup and hair, you changed out of your cooking shirt into something a little nice and more…revealing.

 

Glancing at the clock you realized that Hae must be running late. He was supposed to be here in 6 minutes, but usually he’s a little early when hanging out. Heading back to the living room, you dragged out your phone and checked for messages.

 

“No messages…” you mumbled as you opened a game and started amusing yourself.

 

“Donghae!”

 

You sat up, freaking out since you had somehow fallen asleep. You glanced at your phone and picked it up to find that you had been sleeping for 3 hours. There were no missed calls or texts, so you figured he was just waiting for you. Walking into the dining room you found the candles half burned and the food cold.

 

“Donghae, are you here?” you called out.

 

Walking through the kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom, you realized he wasn’t here.

 

“Maybe he had a schedule and couldn’t stay,” you mumbled to yourself as you walked around.

 

Going back to the living room, you picked up your phone and called the “little fishie.”

 

“Hello?”

 

“Sorry Hae, were you sleeping?”

 

“It’s okay. What’s up?”

 

“Sorry I fell asleep. You could’ve eaten without me though.”

 

“What? You fell asleep?”

 

“Yeah…wait, did you not come over?”

 

“Why would I…Oh crap! I’m sorry Jagi.”

 

You were silent. “He forgot,” you thought feeling anger start to rush through your veins. “I can’t believe he forgot.”

 

“Jagi? You still there?”

 

“Yeah, sorry. I just…got distracted.”

 

“I’m really sorry. Things got really busy and our schedule took longer than planned, throwing everything out of whack.”

 

“That’s okay.” The anger was starting to subside and turn into sadness. You felt bad for what he went through to meet and please his fans, but how could he forget. This was your special dinner for him. He wanted and begged for this.

 

“I’m really sorry. Maybe we can get together next week?” he said quickly.

 

“Damage control…” you thought with a sigh. “Well, I’m a little busy next week Hae. I’m not sure if everything will keep that long too.”

 

“Okay, well I’ll just let you know when I have time next and we can figure something that works. I’m going to head back to bed now Jagi. Need to get some sleep before tomorrow’s schedules.”

 

“Okay…sleep well Hae.”

 

“Mmmm.”

 

“SarangHae.” (AN: Saranghae Hae…bahahahaha…I just couldn’t help it! I totally crack myself up sometimes! XD)

 

“Mmmm…Me too…” *click*

 

You stared at the phone.

 

“He hung up?”

 

~5 minutes later~

 

“He hung up?”

 

~10 minutes later~

 

You sighed and looked up to see the food still on the table untouched. The candles were still burning. Going over, you took a picture of the table and food, meaning to post it on your cooking blog later. After taking the photos, you blew the candles out and the lights. After putting all the food away, saving some aside to send to the boys’ dorm, you took a shower and went to bed.

 

~The Next Morning~

 

On your way to work, you decided to stop at their dorm to drop off most of the leftovers from last night. “So glad I have a hungry group of boys I can give my leftovers too,” you thought happily walking up to their apartment building. The security guard waved you in, you bowed in thanks and continued up. Knocking on door to Hae’s floor’s dorm, there was no answer.

 

Heading down a floor, you knocked only to have it answered by Ryeowook.

 

“Ah! Welcome!” he said with a smile letting you in. You entered to find the Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Sungmin, Yesung, Shindong, and Eunhyuk sitting around monitoring a show.

 

“I have food!” you exclaimed as you walked past them into the kitchen. Ryeowook followed, wanting to help put it away and check out what you brought. You soon found the rest of them hovering and drooling over the food.

 

“I’m hungry. You should make some of that for us before you leave!” Eunhyuk said cutely.

 

“For breakfast?”

 

“De~~” they all cheered.

 

You spent the next twenty minutes reheating the leftovers and sharing tips about them with Ryeowook. After placing a mini version of last night’s meal at the table, you said goodbye and headed to work.

 

~Later That Night~

 

Sitting on the bus, you listened to your favorite playlist, mostly ballads, and most of them by Super Junior members. As you swayed to the music and watched the lives of other Seoulites pass by, you thought about Donghae.

 

“Did he go home and see the food?” you thought, hoping that he’ll realize that last night was supposed to be the big meal. “At least the boys liked it earlier.” You had received several texts from the members thanking you for the food and telling you how good it was. Ryeowook specifically wanted to come over and learn some of the recipes you made since he didn’t know much about western cooking styles.

 

Thinking about Donghae and the dinner from last night, you keyed in the passcode to your apartment. Walking in, you stopped a little frightened. The lights were on and music was playing. Cautiously walking in, you found Donghae dressed up and smiling at you sweetly. The candles were lit on the dining table behind him. A traditional Korean meal was spread out and your favorite song, “Just Like Now” sung by him and Ryeowook was playing in the background.

 

“Here…” he said softly taking your purse and coat, placing them on the sofa. He turned, grabbing your hand and pulling you towards him.

 

“Before we eat, let’s dance.” he said with smile starting to sway your bodies. Staring into the face of the person you love the most in this world, you felt all your sadness and anger from last night completely fade away.

 

“The dinner you made last night was delicious. I’m sorry I forgot about it.”

 

He was so sincere. You tried to hold back your tears of happiness.

 

He glanced at the dinner table behind you. “I know this doesn’t quite match up to what you made last night, but I cooked…well some of it myself. I had to get some help from Ryeowook.”

 

That cheesy smile spread across his face and you couldn’t hold it anymore. You grabbed his face and kissed him. He froze at the sudden contact and aggressiveness, but soon he regained control and took dominance. You kissed, slow and hot, feeling everything go between you. Breaking for air, you were both panting a bit. You felt your lungs working overtime trying to soak up as much oxygen as possible. Donghae smiled and let you to the table. He had moved the chairs so you were sitting across from each other at the smaller part, and served your food.

 

That night you ate the delicious food he and Ryeowook cooked, and felt yourself fall even more in love. After eating, you found yourselves cuddled on the couch. Grabbing your purse, you pulled out your phone and sent Ryeowook a “thank you” message for the food.

 

“Saranghae Jagi” Donghae whispered into your hair as you watched one of the late night variety shows.

 

Turning to look at him, you found yourself lost in his eyes.

 

“Na du, Saranghae,” you said softly.

 

Donghae leaned down, slanting his lips over your own in soft kiss.