Jicheol 1

Seventeen One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why. You have to at least give me a reason. Tell me." The younger controlled his temper as he spoke, careful to not start another argument.

"Reason? There is no such reason." The elder's eyes were dark, void of all emotions. The younger felt anger rising up from his chest. He just had enough of his bull.

"No reason? So you just lost all feelings for me? Just like that?" Jihoon could not believe what was coming out of the older's mouth. How can someone lose interest so quickly? They were such a happy couple yesterday, and now, they are mere strangers. No reason, nothing.

"Yes. I feel nothing now." The dark brown orbs just stared blankly at the other, "So, let's break up." Those crushing words weighed down upon the younger. Those words that he have never thought that the other would say, came out of his lover's mouth. He just couldn't take it anymore. What kind of break up is this? If he had another lover then he should just say it. Not give him another stupid reason like that.

"What happened. How could someone lose feelings like that so fast? Tell me. Tell me, Choi Seungcheol!" The rage bubbled up from within as he started yelling at him. What was he supposed to do? All he could do was to ask for answers. Seungcheol just stared at Jihoon and left, not giving an answer. The more questions Jihoon had, the more questions appeared.

Why?

What happened?

Was it her?

Was it him?

Why now?

When?

When did it happen?

How did we end up like this?

Why?

Why?

Why.

There is no such thing as a perfect answer. He had given up on hearing the answer from his mouth. The pain lingered on even after three years. Jihoon had never heard from him ever again. All Seungcheol left was an empty void in Jihoon's heart. A void no one can fill. A void that was so painful, he couldn't breathe. He just went on with his life. Why did this happen? 

Jihoon looked at the photo sitting at the corner of the room. It was of him, smiling at each other. The tears flooded his face before he could control them. The pain was just too much to bear, the pain of not having his warmth wrapped around him. A soft melody exited his mouth.

------

Don't try and hold on to us who've ceased.

Because this is the end of our story.

It's not anyone's fault

Since there is no more romance

And since I have the memories

That were the most precious to me and were my everything

Don't blame us who were lacking

We put our feelings first and we were young but

I'm grateful even if I'm hurt.

I miss you even your once warm laughter

I miss you who was once more precious than myself

Now that I can't see that anymore but

You must be happy

I miss you I'm letting your hand go now but

I miss you meet someone who's completely different from me

And bury your memories of me

Romance is over.

- VIXX: Romance Is Over

-------

"Seungcheol......Do you remember me?" A soft voice reached the elder as he smiled. It has been four years since Seungcheol and Jihoon left each other. Seungcheol was bacically no more.

A kind smile returned the gesture before going into deep thought, "Ji.......soo........Jisoo?" The elder scratched his head and stared blankly at the younger.

Jisoo smiled as he spoke his name, "How have you been?" He took a seat next to the bedridden male and started peeling the apples that he have brought. The elder just continued staring into space as the younger spoke. His eyes were blank but yet they were smiling.

"I'm fine, the nurse gave me lots of great food!" Seungcheol replied happily. Seeing this sight, Jisoo couldn't help but to hold his hand, "Do you want to eat an apple? I cut it myself." 

Seungcheol tilted his head and nodded. "Jisoo......Can I ask you a question?" Jisoo hummed.

"Do you know who is Jihoon?" 

The sudden mention of that name almost made the younger drop the plate. "Where did you hear that name from?" Jisoo calmed himself down as he fed the older. He hadn't heard that name in years and yet he is mentioning it now.

"Every night, I'm having the same dream. The man called Jihoon kept appearing in it and kept asking me question like 'Why?' and 'What happened?'. Do you know who is that person?" Seungcheol asked as he chewed on the apple.

"Seungcheo-" The door opened as another male stepped into the room. "I need to do a checkup on Seungcheol's body, please excuse us."

Jisoo nodded and left the room. He was glad that Seungcheol was recovering but the part about Jihoon worried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter