Chapter 1

Till My End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt by @baekittun

Words Count: 1,895

 

 

 

 

He is standing in front of a full-length mirror inside his closet fidgeting with the knot of the black tie around his neck feeling that the tie is slowly stealing his breath away. This is the day, the day that he knows will somehow came but he never, in his whole 34 years old life been expecting it to happen this early. He looks at his reflection on the mirror once more before he exit his closet room. With heavy heart, he drags his feet to climb down the stairs to his living room. The living room that are too huge for a single man like him. He picks his car key from the coffee table in the centre of living room and proceeds to his front door.

 

Choosing a shiny black leather shoe to match his black coat and pants making the white shirt stands out and somehow he hope that the shirt can distract people from noticing his gloomy face. He have not close his eyes for the past 24-hours because every time he tries to close his eyes, all that he can see is those smiles. His most favourite smile that have been the strength for him to continue his terrible days. The smile that will always give comfort him when he seek for some comfort back then when he is having the difficult time in his life. The smile that he have been living on for the past 19 years.

 

He is Park Chanyeol, one of Korea’s most successful music directors. Chanyeol’s work has been known nationwide to be that kind of music that will lift people’s mood up. All songs that he composed are all happy songs and those who are listening to his songs will have a good mood. The songs that he has composed are like a part of him because just like the songs, Chanyeol is the type of person that is always bright. He’s the type that will always smile even when he is having a bad day. He never show a gloomy face in front of people because he dislike seeing other all gloomy. He loves to cheer people up.

 

However if anyone see him now, they will never recognise him. The look on his face seems like the life have been drained out of him. There’s no more smile, no more shine on his face. After locking his apartment door, he heads to the elevator and press the down button. He enters the elevator and presses the ‘G’ button to go to the parking lot. Once the elevator stops, he exits the elevator and walk to his car. The basement parking lot is quiet because it is still early in the morning. He check his watch and the time is just 7.45am plus its Sunday so everyone in the building must still be sleeping.

 

“Beep Beep.” He press unlock button on the car alarm and enter his car.

 

Chanyeol then ignites the engine and turn on the air-conditioner. But today he did not turn his radio on. He stays for about 5 minute before he starts his journey. Passing through his neighbourhood that he have been passing for the past 3 years but somehow this particular Sunday morning, the roads feel empty, just like his heart. Chanyeol stops his car in front of a flower shop near his apartment. As he exits his car, he can see that the shop owners have just settled opening the shop and he enters the shop.

 

“I want one of these flowers please...” Pointing at a bush of peach coloured rose.

 

“Please wrap it simple.” He added as he follows the shop owner to the wrapping counter.

 

After paying for the flower, he starts his car and heads to his next destination which is a small coffee shop that is a bit far from his apartment but still his favourite since high school. He arrived after a whole 20 minutes of driving thanking God that the road are clear if not he may take almost 1 hour to arrive. Chanyeol greeted the barista that have been throwing smiles at him as it is their habit every single morning when Chanyeol drop by for his daily shot of Espresso but today he did not order the usual but he order a large cup of Iced Latte. ‘His’ favourite coffee.

 

Chanyeol headed to one of the café’s stool that are placed near the large window and are facing the outside of the café. He sits there in silent for 30 minutes finishing the whole cup of coffee. Chanyeol always love Espresso because he did not like milk as much as he loves his Espresso. But him, he always love his large shot of Iced Latte. Sometimes with extra shots of milk and less shot of Espresso.

 

“Are you okay, Chanyeol? You seem a bit gloomy.” Asked the barista that has been serving him his drink just now. Aahh.. His white shirt really can’t distract people from his face, he thinks.

 

“I’m okay, just sleepy maybe.. I’ll better leave, I have other places to go..” Chanyeol said as he jump off the stool and lead his wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter