Love Cafe

Love Cafe

He was here again, sitting at the same table like always. Your eyes drift to him, never straying until you are brought back to reality by her. The one he comes for. You watch as he watches her, chocolate brown eyes following her form. But she's way to busy with customers who drool and kneel on the floor before her feet to notice. In fact, she's never noticed him. Never noticed he came every day at the same time and sits at the same table by the window, grinning silly.

"So, how'd you fall in love with her?" You ask quietly. He jumps, startled by your sudden appearance.

He smiles lightly," Ever since I first laid my eyes on her." He answers equally quiet.

Ah, you think bitterly, so it was true love at first sight. You purse your lips together, hand ready to take his order, but he doesn't notice. You sigh, walking to the counter.

"Hot chocolate, please," you say simply, walking away without any other words. You come back within seconds, handing him the drink. He gives you a surprised look.

"How did you know I wanted this?" He asks.

"Well, you came here almost everyday, ordering the same thing, so I figured you wanted it." You murmur. You hope you don't sound stalkerish.

His lips curl into a sweet smile. Your eyes widen, heart fluttering at his smile. You return the smile instantly, your cheeks scorching red. He seems oblivious to your blush because his eyes are back on Jieun. You frown slightly, and you turn to walk away until a hand grasps yours. You look at Yoseob in shock, and he seems startled and puzzled.

"W-what's your name?" He asks, covering up his sudden move.

"Jang Minhyung," you reply slowly, and he smiles.

"That's a nice name."

Ever since then, he came, talking to you about everything from his friends to Jieun. You couldn't blame him. Jieun was a natural beauty, and she was the perfect girl all the guys wanted. You were just her shadow. Yoseob grins at you, and you giggle. The two of you became close in the short amount of time, and you were falling even harder for him.

But then one day, you were wiping down the counter tops when Jieun approaches you, wearing her spoilted princess smile. You become weary, and she tilts her head to the side.

"You know that boy you like? Yoseob, was it?" She says, and you nod. "Can I have him?"

You stare at her in shock. Your heart screams no, your head screams no, but...

"Yes, anything for my baby sister."


Jieun told you she was going to confess Yoseob during her break, and you simply nodded your head without protest. But it's during your working time, Yoseob runs in, staring at you in anger. You thought he would be happy Jieun had asked him out.

"Minhyung!" He cries, panting, and you stare at him in shock. "Why did you let Jieun ask me out?"

"B-because I thought you liked her..." you trail off uncertainly.

"Like her?! Jieun?" He laughs," I don't have a thing for spoiled little girls like her. I never liked her from the beginning."

"B-but..."

Yoseob chuckles, and he guides you to his seat.

"Sit here. I'll go behind the counter." He orders, and he does what he said. You gasp when you see his reflection in the window. Then that means... "The person I've been in love with, staring at this whole time was you, Minhyung. I love you."

You sob, nodding your head.

"I love you too...!"