chapter i • the new roommate

cat and dog

sana was awoken by the smell of her dog's saliva. 

"okay, mochi-ya, i get it. i'm waking up." she finally stood up as she feels too sticky already with her dog's . 

her dog is her animal alarm clock. it was friday and she had an 8 am class so she was thankful mochi was there because if not she would've missed a big test.

"so you have plans later?" sana was on her way to her last class for today with her bestfriend jennie.

they usually spend their friday nights at a nearby cafe with their whole group of friends, but she can't join this time. 

"my roommate is coming today. the landlady asked me if i can go home early, and you know show her around." 

"right." jennie answered in a defeated tone, "you'd miss the fun though. jeongyeon and momo's supposed to check off some of their tasks in their "crazy" bucket list tonight." 

sana giggled but she already felt kinda bummed. jeongyeon and momo had always some crazy, yes, but fun ideas and she's sad that she'll have to miss that. 

"i'll make sure to be there for the remaining ones." 

--

her dorm was a walking distance from her university, so she usually takes time strolling before actually  going home. 

most of the times she brings mochi with her but since she have to get home early today they can't go for a walk.

her thoughts were put into stop when she slumped on the ground, face first. 

"awww." she mumbled. although this wasn't exactly shocking. 

sana is pretty known for being clumsy and sometimes clueless. 

but as she stood up she can't help but wonder how she didn't that big of a baggage and a tall guy beside it. 

gaping at her like she was some kind of joke. 

although she must've really looked like one with her usual clumsy stunt. 

the guy's so good looking though. with it's fluffy black hair and fox-like features. 

she's pretty sure she's too damn flushed right now. 

"do you live here?" the guy spoke up. with a slightly deep and monotonous voice. 

"uhm, y-yes. i live here." 

she noticed that other than 2 big bags, and a trolley the guy also has a cage. 

and sana tries so hard not to show her sour face as she saw what's inside. 

two cats. 

"i'm a new tenant here." the guy just said and finally walked in. 

yes, her dorm was co-ed. but she doesn't mind that, as she never had a guy for a roommate. 

(guys are in first and second floors while girls took up the third and last floor.)

also, the dorm she's residing is the closest to the university and the only one that allows pets. 

she thought the university life would be the thing to separate her and mochi but it seems like the big guy up there just loves her. 

the guy was gone to the second floor. he was surprisingly fast with all that things he has to bring. 

and she proceeded to her floor. immediately washing up as she feels sticky and dusty after kissing the floor. 

she'll just wait for her roommate now--

"speaking of!" sana cheerfully announced as she hears the knock from the door. 

the series of knocks continue, "i'm coming!" 

she finally opens the door and was greeted by their pretty and young landlady, irene. 

she wasn't shock to see her there. 

what bothered sana was she wasn't with her supposed new female roommate and instead with that cat guy from before. 

"hi sana, how are you?" irene tried to form a topic and although sana is pretty dumb and clueless most of the times, she knew something was up as she hears her unnie chuckled nervously. 

"what is he doing here?" she chose to ignore irene, and looked at guy. whom at return looks at her pointedly. 

"you see, my dumb fiancé wendy, messed up." this started.

"we're not supposed to accept male boarders anymore as there is no vacant rooms in the first and second floors." 

"but she didn't check that and still accepted one. who's right here. his name is kim yongguk--" 

"what about my supposed roommate? the girl?" 

irene winced, "you have no supposed girl roommate. he's the only new tenant here." 

mochi must've sense the discord as she waddled her way to the door and welcomed the visitors. 

"hello mochi!" irene then carried the dog to her arms. 

sana observed the new guy and notice him flinch as mochi turn it's attention to him. 

he didn't do anything to acknowledge her dog. instead just stood there frozen. 

"as expected from a cat person." sana couldn't help but mutter. 

the yongguk guy must've heard him as he once again gave him a pointed look. 

that look most likely means he's annoyed but doesn't want to show it that much. 

his two cats started hissing as mochi's bark got louder. 

"you know," irene gave mochi to sana, "i'll leave you two together to get to know each other and settle things." 

the two didn't hear the lady's farewell and just continued on glaring with each other. 

just how will they make things work?

--