First Meeting

Perfect Heist

“Well, it looks like you’re free to go,” the police officer said as he hung up the phone. Jennie rolled her eyes.

“About damn time. I told you I didn’t do anything,” the brunette grumbled, getting to her feet and dusting off her pants as if sitting in the police office was somehow dirty.

“Hey, listen. You might have gotten off the hook this time, but theft isn’t a joke.”

“Of course not. If it was then this would have been fun. Maybe next time I’ll be stuck with a hot, fun officer instead.” With that, Jennie smirked and turned to walk away, the officer calling indignantly behind her. The brunette strutted her way towards the exit, stopping to retrieve her things from the window located in the waiting room. As she stood there, drumming her fingers on the countertop, something caught her attention. A blonde girl was standing towards the back of the room, talking to a female officer. Now, blonde wasn’t usually Jennie’s type and, despite the fact that this one was beautiful, Jennie’s attention was captured for a whole different reason. Throughout her conversation with the officer, the blonde kept glancing at Jennie, and there was something in her eyes…

“Here you go, ma’am,” the person behind the counter said, snapping Jennie out of her thoughts. Jennie grabbed her leather jacket, keys, phone (which was unfortunately dead), wallet, and…

“Wait, this isn’t mine,” Jennie stated, holding up a thin, black chain with a slightly luminescent blue gem on the end, held in place by an intricate design of crisscrossing, black metal. “They told me all ‘stolen’ items would be confiscated.”

“Well, the charges have been dropped. I was told to give this back to you, so you might as well just take it.”

“Uh… okay. Thanks.” Despite her better judgement, Jennie unclasped the necklace and put it on. It was her prize after all, she might as well use it. Once everything was collected, Jennie made her way out of the police station. And that was when she realized that she had no idea how she was getting home. She looked around, wondering if she should go back in and ask to use the phone. But no, she suddenly had a much better idea.

***

“Geez, what took you so long?” Jennie whined as the blonde girl from before finally walked out of the police office and towards the car Jennie was leaning against. The girl stopped in her tracks, giving Jennie a wary look.

“You. You were in the station before. Were you… waiting for me to get out?” the girl asked. She took a slow step back, her body visibly tense.

“Well, of course. Why else would I be leaning against your car?”

“H-How did you even know this was my car?” Jennie shrugged.

“It was a lucky guess. The ‘Lay Down The Law’ bumper sticker was a pretty good giveaway.” The blonde blushed, causing Jennie to smirk.

“What do you want, delinquent?” the girl snapped.

“Ooh, delinquent. And I don’t even know your name,” Jennie teased.

“If you don’t get off of my car and leave me alone, I’m gonna go right back in there and tell them you’re harassing me.”

“Gonna turn me in to your little girlfriend, are you? Did you tell her about how immensely interested in me you were back there? You were hardly paying attention to her.”

“You don’t know what you’re talking about. I have no interest in a lowlife like you.”

“If you say so, Blondie. Now, if you want to get rid of me then just let me use your phone.”

“You’re insane if you think I’d honestly let you use my phone. Just go back into the station and use their phone.”

“You’re cute thinking I’d actually use anything that the authorities provide. I’m a delinquent remember? We don’t mix.”

“That sounds like a personal problem. Now kindly remove yourself from my car before I get one of the officers to remove you for me.”

“Oh, I’m terrified. Seriously, I’m trembling.” Jennie rolled her eyes. “Let me use your phone, Buttercup, or we’ll be standing out here all night.”

“Ew, don’t call me that,” the blonde muttered, her nose scrunching up. Jennie held out her hand, palm up, and raised her eyebrows at the girl.

“Tick tock, Buttercup. Your girlfriend will get worried if you get home late. Or worse. What if she sees us out here talking? Even she would know you’d love to bang a hottie like me.”

“You rude little— Alright fine. Anything to get you to leave me the hell alone. But don’t try anything funny or I swear to God I’ll make sure you sleep in a holding cell tonight.” The girl reached into her pocket, begrudgingly pulling her phone out and handing it over.

“See, now that wasn’t so hard, was it?” Jennie taunted as she took the phone.

“You’ve got two minutes before I go into the station and tell them that you stole it,” the blonde answered curtly. Jennie held her hands up in surrender, turning her attention to the phone in her hand. But when she hit the power button, she let out a groan.

“Ugh, you’re so gross,” Jennie complained, seeing that the girl’s lockscreen was a picture of her kissing her cop girlfriend on the cheek.

“Are you going to use the phone or not?” the blonde deadpanned with a glare.

“Alright alright. Geez, don’t get your in a twist.” Jennie unlocked the phone with a roll of her eyes (there was no password, how predictable). All of a sudden, it vibrated in her hand and a smirk came over her face. She snickered at the other girl. “Just so you know, ‘Baby Chaeng’ wants to know if you want her to bring dinner home or if you’re gonna cook.”

“Give that to me,” the blonde snapped, already annoyed that Jennie had the audacity to after she had so graciously allowed the brunette to borrow her phone. The blonde lunged forward, but Jennie was quicker. Despite being shorter, Jennie managed to keep the blonde at arm's length with the phone held out of reach.

“I’ve still got a minute and a half, Blondie.” The smirk on Jennie’s face was infuriating and she knew it. She could see the other girl clench her fists at her side as she stepped back, allowing Jennie to carry on using the phone. Jennie grinned, finally dialling the number she thankfully had memorised and exchanging a few quick words with whoever was on the other end. When she was done (not going over her two minute limit of course) she held the phone out. “Thanks.”

“Whatever,” the blonde huffed, reaching to snatch her phone back. But Jennie pulled her hand back before the other girl could grab the device. The blonde looked about ready for murder at that point, gritting her teeth in agitation. “Give. Me. My. Phone.”

“Give me your name,” Jennie countered. At that, the other girl blinked in confusion.

“What?”

“Your name. What is it? I want to thank you properly.”

“I’m not going to tell you my name.”

“You do realize I could very easily find it on my own using your phone, but I’m trying to be civil here and ask you instead.” There was a pause. “My name is Jennie by the way.”

“Fine, whatever. My name is Lisa. There, happy now? Can I get my phone back so I can go home?” Jennie smiled at the irritation in Lisa’s voice.

“Lisa. That’s a pretty name.” The dark-haired girl held out the phone, letting the other girl grab it this time. “Thank you for letting me use your phone, Lisa. It’s been a pleasure meeting you.”

“I wish I could say the same for you,” Lisa grumbled. “Now please get off of my car so I can leave.”

“You know, you’re surprisingly feisty for someone dating a cop. Does Baby Chaeng let you talk to her like that when she has you cuffed to the bed?”

“Shut up! You don’t know what you’re talking about!” Lisa’s cheeks were a deep crimson and Jennie laughed at how adorable she looked.

“You’re kind of cute when you’re flustered.” This only served to darken Lisa’s blush and Jennie smirked as she finally got off of the car.

“ you,” the blonde growled, wasting no time in shouldering past Jennie and climbing into the car. Usually, that would have been enough for Jennie to start a fight, but in this case it just increased her amusement.

“Drive safely,” Jennie called mockingly right before Lisa slammed the door. Jennie watched with the smirk never leaving her face as Lisa the ignition before speeding off, clearly in a rush to put as much distance between them.

You can’t run away from me, Blondie, Jennie thought. Something told her that she’d be seeing Lisa again very soon. In fact, she’d make sure of it.


Okay, so this is a short intro chapter just to get things running. I'll try to get the next chapter up soon. I hope you're all intrigued ;)

~unsungpoet <3