AUTHOR'S NOTE

My Territory

Hello Everyone, if you’ve reached this far I want to congratulate you.

 

I do not always write extensive parting Author’s note, maybe 3-4 times only, but I think I needed to do one for this particular story. I had such a rollercoaster ride during the months I wrote, procrastinated and just blanked out with this story and I wanted to share with you some points that maybe left hanging in the story.

 

 

>Word vomit rant please skip this part<

 

This started as a joke plot where a friend of mine wanted a twins! Wonhui, Twins!Jihan and bottom Cheol. Here I was playing with the idea when it hit me, I also wanted an omega verse and soulmate AU so why not mash up everything? Well that was my first mistake.

 

I wanted to just write the 95line mating and be done with it but since I am such a horse (my Chinese zodiac sign) I was over the moon and typed away until I realized that I am at a 5k mark it was all introduction. So okay that was perhaps a useless word vomit but I posted it anyway and wrote the other half of the story and completed it and should have stuck to the original plan to just walk away but I was super eager and guess what I continued it. Mistake#2

 

So it was both a joy and a pain to write knowing that each update was 5k words and this monstrosity surprised me. Usually I would have posted 1k word updates but well, leave it to me to write 5k word updates. I am sure a lot of you got bored with the story and I apologize for that.

 

Some parts of the story were definitely planned but a lot of them weren’t. I knew I did not have to write Jonghyun’s passing and I may have inconvenienced a lot of you but I hope you could forgive me; I had plans to bring SHINee and Infinite members in a better light but it just hit me hard and as a firm believer of Hoshi being Jongyu’s lovechild, I just had to write something to help me ease the pain.

 

Moreover, that particular chapter brought in a lot of unexpected twists for me because my brain just had to add in every kpop group that I know of and squeeze them in here. Seventeen has 13 members already and I was having difficulty writing it but I had the guts to add in EXO and NCT which have a lot of numbers as well. Mistake #3

 

Good Job Chie, you just made the story more complicated.

 

I know not a lot of you know who is who in the fiction, a lot of time I am conflicted as well if I was sticking to what my original plot was and at one point in time had fully questioned myself if it was really necessary to add some scenes in there.  I kind of felt sorry for 95line because I felt like it became a wonhao / gyuhui centered fic and no one was pointing it out. I have a lot to apologize for.

 

But I also had a lot to thank for.

 

You guys have been amazing and the amount of Kudos, bookmarks, subscriptions, upvotes and comments I received from AO3 and AFF are amazing. A lot of you may have given up half way but there were some who stuck with me and I thank you for seeing this fiction till the end.

 

I may sound like this story has been a whole mistake but that’s just my angst writer self talking, my fluffy unicorns and rainbow writer is quite happy that I had been able to write something at this scale after a period of hiatus and writing for 8 years.

 

I know I still lack a lot and typos are glaring at me. I know I should have had a beta but writing for me is just something I squeeze in my daily hectic life to free up stress so I do not worry about beta too much. I know you guys suffered a lot with my typos so again I apologize.

 

 

 

>end of word vomit<

 

 

 

So after that long rant that nobody cares for, let’s have a few brief points to tackle:

 

  1. The concept of omegaverse here are conventional: Alpha males can mate with Alpha and beta Females and Omega males. Betas weren’t mentioned because they are normal peeps, Omegas are only males here.

 

  1. Multiple partners are allowed especially for pack alphas or omegas. Omegas with two alpha mates must be in consensus that they share 1 omega; Alphas with 2 omegas must be in consensus of their hierarchy as primary and secondary omega.

 

  1. Mating here is strictly for soulmates and so forced mating will not cause soulmate marks or their animal spirits.

 

  1. Animal spirits were assigned in random except for Hoshi who is known as a tiger, Minghao because infinity in the8 looks like a dragon and he’s Chinese,  and Seungcheol who is a phoenix because I wanted the omega to be a phoenix. Furthermore, Yuta, Mark and Jackson’s animal spirits were assigned to them as well as Luhan Tao and Yifan because they are Chinese (Japanese for Yuta).

 

  1. Packs were not as structured as other pack/wolves stories because they can join or leave packs therefore older packs are not forcing their sons to continue as heirs such was the case for sapphire blue and sherlock’s eye. But the younger packs honor and respect the older packs and adhere to their hierarchy. Such was the case for Sherlock’s eye so Soonyoung was head even if Hyunwoo and Jaebum were present, even Jisoo and Jeonghan. Taeyong who is Sunggyu’s eldest son at that time, is still lower than Soonyoung because Soonyoung is son of the co-head and his mate is also a son of the co-head while Taeyong’s mate is not part of the sherlock’s eye.

 

  1. Heirarchy is important in packs as the head alpha and his right and left hand are the crucial points of the pack. So there is only emphasis on three males most of the time and their mates.

 

  1. Merging of packs is common as seen with Sherlock’s eye and GotX as written in contracts. This occurs when two packs deemed that it is necessary due to numbers or if head alpha/omega are mated with each other. Or if upon the blessings of the heads, any marriage with packs as the case of Woohyun and Key for Sherlock’s eye and Youngjae and Changkyun for Got X

 

  1. For the packs, I tried using either their fandom names, song titles or group names. I made a mistake naming EXO as wolf when I could easily call it Exodus (or my personal fave Lightsaber) while GotX is a safe choice because their songs are not as pretty when put together when I was thinking about it at that time (dramarama and hard carry came into my mind and Hard Drama wasn’t sounding right to my ears)

 

  1. Characters and mates were already released to give you a guide on who is who. But was it helpful?

 

  1. For Limitless pack, there was Ji Hansol who was part of SM rookies before he changed agencies and was pretty close to Yuta. I wanted to add him in bec. I wanted some internal conflict inside Limitless. Jaemin was supposed to be mated to Jungwoo but my heart just turned 360 on me, I decided to give Jaemin, Jeno and Renjun an OT3 instead;  poor Jungwoo needed a partner too so why not ship whip with Kun and Lucas, the lucky 3 are now mates. Problem solved.

 

  1. As for the Limitless hierarchy, Johnny is 2nd in command and Jaehyun is third. Johnny could most likely be the head because (in my own crazy mind) he is stronger than Taeyong. But If ever I ended up writing Limitless spin off, I will explain the reason further; but for explanation purposes, the three mated pairs are an OT6

 

  1. Kris was the head omega but he detested his status because omegas are seen as baby carriers and submissive. Also, Junmyeon taking a liking to his second mate Jongdae triggered his inferiority complex, thus wanting to control alphas. In a brief recollection, it was actually Jongdae who Kris experimented on causing the omega to suffer and was clause to being infertile but it was cured.

 

  1. BTS was never part of my plot in anyway whatsoever but it happened anyway. They are a bunch of misfits that had some problems. Namjoon was depressed because he was not seen as an alpha by his father, he was shunned by his family. Seokjin was shunned by his family too because he is mated to namjoon, a branded rebel and good for nothing alpha. Yoongi, the infamous first born and brother of Jihoon and Taeyong is just a frustrated mate who wanted Jimin to overcome a disease. Their last hope was the technology Yifan had offered them. Hoseok was just a possessive alpha who unfortunately like Hyungwon but is dating Wonho at that time. Taehyung is loyal to namjoon and Jungkook well loved Taeyong. But these were left out because I do not know them well to give justice to their characters.

 

  1. Euijin of UNB(he looks like Jimin) is Jimin’s brother and he had made a deal with BTS to save his brother and he regretted it because he placed harm on s

 

  1. Jungkook was Mingyu’s ex-boyfriend when they were experimenting as teens but it didn’t felt right and they weren’t imprinted unlike Jihoon and Soonyoung; because their true mates are somewhere out there.

 

  1. Carat pack are mostly sons of Sapphire blue Pack ad Sherlock’s eye because again in my crazy mind, Seventeen are sons of SJ and SHInee. But since the Sapphire Blue pack had long gone their separate ways, the kids did not grow up together; if it was, Cheol would be claimed as early as he presented as an omega.

 

  1. Seungcheol as a bottom was a request from a friend as well as twins JiHan and Twins Wonhui. Twins Jihan was actually formed due to the teenage poster

 

  1. Soul bonding was already explained in the earlier chapters so I hope it was clear. If you want a spoiler, JihanCheol and NoRenMin soul bonded. Yukhei and Kun soul bonded as well due to the state of Yukhei but when they returned to Korea, Jungwoo who is also an alpha soul bonded to Yukhei. This is not a usual bonding because usually both soulmates should be present but pray that I can write it out for limitless.

 

  1. Minghao and Yugyeom, I am really sorry for the angst in their story, I was pretty much a Qmimin shipper and what better way to inject my ship than to write an angsty part about them. There were just some coincidences why I chose Minghao and Yugyeom as the brothers instead of Bambam which I already explained.

 

  1. Wonhui and gyuhao friendship is quite strong so even without meaning it, the four are pretty much connected with each other that at one point in time, if it happens but please don’t, one of the alphas or omegas die, the other can assume its place. For Wonhui’s case, yes it will be uous but it can work. Or they could ask Soonyoung who is 2nd in command to take in Junhui if Mingyu dies (also explains why Soonyoung was harsh on Mingyu since the responsibility will fall on Soonyoung.)

 

  1. Hierarchy in packs are observed so if someone dies, one will assume the position should be needed. For Jinki’s case, since Myungsoo is co-head omega, Sunggyu will share Myungsoo to some extent (though it would probably just be comforting Jinki and if ruts occur). Merging would stipulate this agreement. Same goes for GotX should one of the heads perish.

 

  1. Why were Sehun Chan and Jeno chosen as siblings? No one tried to guess but it’s actually Donghae. Jeno is Hae’s child and Sehun is close with Donghae as well. Chan, I would like to think that he’s Eunhae’s lovechild as well. And they are all labeled as dancers and rappers in their respective groups; Hae is more of a vocalist though hahaha

 

  1. Mating scenes. To be honest this was pretty much killed my brain cells because, we were trying to come up with various places for variation. I apologize if I have tainted your views on libraries and kitchen islands.

 

  1. The epilogue would be approximately 1.5 years after VerChan’s mating.

 

 

If you have questions left unanswered, you can comment them down, I will try my best to answer them

 

And if you want me to have spin  offs for Wolf, GotX or Limitless, I could write a few chapters but it would take time.

 

Finally

 

 

I apologize for all the mistakes and confusion I caused but I hope that it was all cleared up with this last chapter.

 

I had a roller coaster ride writing this one and often times, I was disheartened to continue. But I didn’t want to leave you guys hanging. This was a difficult story to write and I would really like to say that I had bitten off more than I could chew.

 

I still want to thank everyone who supported me both in AO3 and AFF.

Thank you all for taking time to read this grammatically incorrect, typo laden monstrosity I call fanfiction.  From the bottom of my heart, Thank you and goodbye!

 

Till we meet again

 

 

 

 

This has been Jhengchie for My Territory.

(11.13.17 – 04.22.18)