Things you said while holding my hand

Things you said...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN:

Trigger warning: hints of depression

 

I was late again in my first class. Such trivial thing but somehow, it was a good enough reason to drop out of college. No, I wasn’t angry. The decision wasn’t a product of an angry mind. Just tired, maybe. Like somehow, my spent mind thought that it was the final straw—like a final puzzle piece I needed to give up and stop trying.

 

I looked up the sky as I walked, the same time a drop of rain fell on my arm. I hated it. Its like the sky knew I’m not someone worthy to cry—stealing the burden from me and shedding its own tears for all the things I wasn’t able to form tears for.

 

It wasn’t long when you appeared beside me, a small yellow umbrella at hand. You opened it, hovered it over my head, and even though you didn’t know where I was going, you walked with me, timed your steps so that your long legs moved simultaneously with mine.

 

When we reached a curve, you asked me why I didn’t respond to your calls.

 

I didn’t answer.

 

You threw a question again—why I didn’t meet you when I said I would.

 

I saw your body sag beside me when I still remained mum. We walked in silence for a while and I thought, Idiot. I can’t understand why you’re still here—enduring the cold mist that managed to soak half of your body under your small umbrella.

 

It seemed like you gained the courage again because you spoke louder, asking me where I was going as you pushed the umbrella further towards my direction.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter