Chapter 1

stay with me (don't go)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The way they met wasn’t anything extraordinary. A party of all places was where their friendship blossomed. It was at a time when they were young and unknown. She was invited because it was so cool to see an Indian girl in a party and he was invited by his model friends. She remained quiet as everyone tried to talk to her in broken English and annoying smirks. They would switch languages to curse at her with a smile and she would pretend that she didn’t understand. 

 

His friends tried to make him drink more but all he wanted to do was go back home and cry. He knew that his friends wanted him to forget about his failed audition but he didn’t have the mood to drink his sorrows away. So he hung back in the corner and watched the party roar with fun and drinks. As his eyes scanned the drunk crowd, his gaze fell on a dark skinned girl standing idly at the back of the room. She stood straight, yet something in her screamed what he was feeling. 

 

Lonely. 

 

Wasn’t it funny that in a room full of people he still felt lonely? 

 

Something in him pushed him to walk to her. Her eyes snapped up at him when he was nearby, her eyes slightly narrowing. He gave her an uncertain smile and handed her a can of beer. She took it, the suspicion in her eyes never leaving but gave a polite smile. He leaned back on the wall next to her and looked at the party with her. “I’m Lee Kwang-Soo,” he introduced himself. At the puzzled look on her face, he tried to introduce himself in English. 

 

“Diya Singh,” The girl replied back with a small smile. 

 

They stood side by side, drinking their beers as others danced and drank their night away. “You know Korean?” He asked her, internally hoping that she did. 

 

“A little,” she answered, noting the relie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter