final

They Are Just Sleeping

They were so cute when they were sleeping. Maybe that was why Mir didn't mind standing by the bedside for more than half an hour already, watching the leader of the group snoring away on the bed having such a peaceful time to himself.
    Mir smiled softly. Even a bomb going off right next to his ears won't wake the leader up. Mir finally took a step more closer and lowered himself down on his knees, letting his arms crossed and rest on the bed beside Seungho. He used one free hand to play with Seungho's dark red bangs.
    The leader looked good with red. It was definitely his color. Although, if Mir had to choose, he'd rather the leader went with blond. Just like him. Platinum blonde.
    "Sweet dream." Mir's whispered and raised his another hand. A glinting blade was in his hand. His soft smile still pulling at the corner of his lips. His hand which was still playing with Seungho's hair slowly trailed down his forehead, down the bridge of the nose and towards his plump lips that were slightly parted as he breathed slowly. 
    Mir's soft smile now disappeared and his eyes turned cold as he palmed Seungho's lips and nose and before Seungho could even woke up from the lack of air, his other hand holding the blade dropped down, right into Seungho's left chest.
    Seungho's eyes popped opened yet his voice was muffled behind Mir's palm and the leader didn't have much chance to struggle as Mir strike the blade multiple times.
    "Shh..." Mir hushed Seungho who was choking and gasping in pain as the blade make the deepest stabbed wound right under Seungho's neck. "Shh... Sleep..." Mir's kept hushing the leader, smiling down at the struggling man, watching the terror rippling inside Seungho's brown eyes. "Goodnight." Mir whispered again as he pulled away, pulling the blade away. The blood on the blade made the metal glittered even more under the dim light of the night lamp right beside the bed.
    Seungho choked, unable to lift even a finger but his pain-stricken eyes still found Mir's brown orbs. He let out the last shudder before he was still forever.
    Mir moved his hand which was still holding the blade, the blood on the blade splattered on the floor but Mir hardly care and went out of the room, closing the door with a quiet click.
    He went towards GO's room with the bloody blade still in his hands. He walked in a bee-line as if he was drunk. Or maybe he was drunk. Drunk on the blood of his own brothers.
    "It's beautiful." Mir spoke, his voice somehow sound loud in the quiet dorm.  "Hello, hyung." Mir greeted once he pushed opened the door to GO's bedroom without knocking.
    The room was still brightly lit and the bed was empty. Instead, the computer desk was filled with GO who was sitting in front of his computer, scribbling notes on the music score, working diligently.
    "What do you want, Cheolyong?" GO asked without taking his eyes off his notes, hands busy scribbling melody and lyrics. "Why aren't you asleep yet?"
    "Well, you aren't asleep as well." Mir sang-song teasingly, stepping inside the room and stood behind the sitting GO.
    "I'm working."
    "I see. But you should sleep, hyung. It's late."
    "It's not that late. If you are not sleeping, you should help me with the lyrics."
    Mir hummed. "I don't know~" He still spoke in certain tone and rhythm.
    "Why are you talking like this?"
    "Well~"
    GO stopped scribbling, his already creased forehead, creased even deeper at the strange way Mir was acting.
    "Nighty night, hyung."
    Mir moved fast, his arm s around GO's neck and when he pulled back, the sharp blade sliced through GO skin, making a deep long straight line across GO's neck.
    GO choked, his hand went to cup around the deep wound on his neck. He gurgled and fall forwards, his blood gushing out as the clean slice hit his carotid artery. The blood dripping on his notes and pooling on the scattered paper and it kept coming out and the blood now dripped from the table to the floor.
    GO struggled in his chair, almost toppling off and onto the floor but Mir hold GO still, almost letting his chest glued to GO's back. "Shh..." Mir hushed just like he did to Seungho. "Just sleep."  He kept humming an unknown song until GO's body stopped trembling and became still. "There you go. Have a nice sleep, hyung."
    Mir pulled away, watching at GO's still body for another minute before tilting his head innocently to the side.
    "Aww, hyung but it wasn't a really comfy position to sleep in. Come here." Mir pulled the chair, hoisting GO's limp body into his hold, dragging, the dead body to the  bed and not so graciously depositing the body onto the bed and tucking him in. "Now, you can sleep comfortably. Goodnight." Mir pressed a kiss on GO's forehead and made his way out into the living room.
    Mir played with his phone, clicking his tongue at how the blood starting to dirty his phone but he simply used his shirt to wipe the blood away.
    "Now that's better." Mir mumbled, closing his eyes for a moment before calling someone.  "Hey, Sanghyun hyung. -No, no, I'm fine. I'm wondering if you want to have late dinner with me. Byunghee hyung cook a lot. -Yea, I'll call Changsun hyung to come join us."
    Mir ended the call and fumbled for Joon's number but he knew perfectly well Joon wasn't exactly one who would easily accept invitation. The man love a time for himself in solitary.
    The call went into a voicemail.
    Mir inhaled deeply and fake a fear inside his voice. "Hyung... Changsun hyung. H-help me. Help me. P-please. Hyung-" Mir ended the call abruptly, smirking to himself. He made a good actor. Maybe as good as Joon, he would like to think.
    Mir waited for another hour until the doorbell finally rung. He wondered, who would be next.    
    Trotting to the door, Mir opened the lock. "Come in, hyung."
    "Sorry I'm late. I was getting your favorite cookies and Seungho hyung's muffin also Byunghee hyung's persimmon." Thunder huffed, bending down to take off his shoes and walked inside, ahead of Mir. "Well, it's quiet." He wondered and turned towards Mir who was still standing at the closed front door.
    It seemed like a slow motion as Thunder's sleepy eyes widened as his eyes skimmed Mir's bloody figure. 
    "C-Cheolyong, is that..." Thunder didn't finish his stuttered words.
    "Oh... This?" Mir looked down to his own blood stained shirt and hands also the bloody blade that was still firm in his grip.
    At the sight of the knife, Thunder gasped, the plastic bags of food in his hand fall on the floor and he stepped back until his back hit the wall.
    "Aww... Don't be scared, hyung." Mir chuckled, taking the lost steps and covered the distance Thunder had created just a second ago with relaxed strut.
    "W-Why...?" There was tears in Thunder's eyes, maybe because he saw the craze, the coldness and the emptiness of Mir's eyes that it made him scared to the point of tearing.
    Mir's thick brows pulled together as if that one little question Thunder had asked sounded so stupid. "Why?" He echoed before snorted in a little laugh. "Oh, hyung. I don't have to have a reason, do I?"
    Thunder flattened himself against the wall when Mir now was so close to him, nose to nose as those eyes stared deep into his before he felt the sharp burn on his waist. He inhaled sharp breath at the pain and from the new found adrenaline that rushed through his blood vessels, he raised his long arms and pushed Mir back.
    Mir stumbled a few steps behind but didn't fall. He watch with dark humor as Thunder ran unsteadily towards the bathroom, one hand palming the open stab wound on his waist, locking himself inside the bathroom.
    Mir clicked his tongue. "Tsk tsk tsk... Hyungie... That is not nice pushing me away like that. I feel rejected." He chuckled again, a soft sound that people who didn't know the situation would thought as a genuine laugh. But that laugh just scared Thunder even more.
    Mir knocked on the bathroom door.
    "Hello~ Come out already, hyung."
    No answer but Mir heard sound of things being thrown to the ground inside and hasty opening and closing of the small window inside the bathroom. Somehow, it tickled Mir.
    "Hyung. This is eighteenth floor. You can't possibly thinking of jumping out of the window, isn't it?"
    There was sound of things being thrown around again before it went quiet for a second.
    "Why? Why are you doing this?" Thunder's muffled voice came from the other side.
    "Why? I am just saying goodnight." Mir said innocently.
    There was a frustrated scream from inside before Mir heard Thunder talking again but this time it was not to him. Thunder was talking to someone else, from the brilliant guess of Mir, the older man was talking to the police through the phone.
    The doorbell rung again.
    "Oh. That must be Changsun hyung." Mir stepped back and went to the corner, letting his back meet the wall. He stayed there until he heard the bathroom door lock clicked open and careful footsteps coming closer.
    Once it was close enough, Mir watched to his side and that was the exact same time Thunder found the hidden Mir as his eyes filled with dread.
    Thunder was about to make a run for it but Mir was faster as he tripped Thunder's legs and the older man fall heavily on the floor. He couldn't pick himself back up as Mir lowered himself on Thunder's lower back, straddling the older and successfully using his weight to hold Thunder down. He raised his blade, watching it flash as the light reflected in it and brought it down just like he did to Seungho, multiple times and Thunder was screaming in pain and fear. Mir pretty sure he heard the front door being shook and knocked and kicked and sound of Joon's worried voice calling for someone to open the door.
    Mir kept on stabbing the man below him until the scream finally died down and what was left was only a soft, quiet,  almost unheard moan. That was when Mir stopped and stood back up, watching over Thunder as his blood painted the carpet in the living room.
    Mir sighed. "Byunghee hyung hates his carpet dirtied." He pouted and went toward the front door. Opening it to distressed Joon.
    "I heard scream! What happened?" Joon pushed the door and barged in even before Mir fully opened the other and he grabbed on Mir's arms, shaking the maknae. But as his eyes traveled lower, he gasped. "What is this? B-Blood? Did you hurt yourself?"
    Mir didn't answer but he turned his eyes towards the limp body of Thunder on the floor in the middle of the living room  and Joon copied his gesture.
    "SANGHYUN!" Joon exclaimed and went running to Thunder's side, almost slipping on Thunder's blood that was starting to pool around him.
    Mir calmly closed the door and stepped closer to Joon. "Hush, hyung. They are sleeping."
    "C-Cheolyong? What the hell is happening?" Joon shouted, cradling Thunder who was no longer breathing.
    "They are just sleeping. Now, be quiet. You need to sleep too." Mir raised his arm and only then Joon noticed the gleaming blade in the maknae's hold.
    "D-did you do this?"
    Mir only smiled innocently.
    "Y-You're crazy!"
    "I guess I am." Mir simply admitted and attacked Joon.
    Joon raised his arm in defense and the blade sunk into his right shoulder. His scream followed right after but he didn't go down without a fight.
    Finally catching both of Mir's wrist, Joon wrestled the maknae down and pinned him to the floor. Strangely, Mir didn't push back. Instead the maknae just lied there and stared up at Joon.
    A few seconds after, Joon saw the maknae's eyes filled with unshed tears.
    "Cheolyong-ah." Joon whispered, his face showed his apparent confusion.
    "H-Hyung." Mir sobbed openly this time, letting go of the blade and just lied there, crying.
    Seeing this, Joon pulled back and pulled Mir with him to sit up. "Why?"
    "I don't know." Mir answered between his sobs and he felt himself being tugged forwards and into Joon's warm embrace. Mir burrowed further, burying his face in the crook of Joon's neck and cried softly.
    "Oh Cheolyong. What happened?" Joon was crying too by now.
    "They are just sleeping." Suddenly the cries stopped and Joon gurgled, blood coming out of his mouth and he fell backwards. The knife which Mir had unknowingly retrieved back now was plunged from the back of his neck and the sharp end protruding just above his adam apple.
    Mir pulled on the collar of Joon's shirt before the latter's back hit the floor and reached around Joon to the hilt of the blade that was still protruding behind the older man's neck and pulled it out in one smooth motion, watching as Joon's eyes rolled back.
    "Goodnight, hyung." Mir whispered sweetly and the final breath was released after the painful struggle against the death.
    Mir got back up and started dragging both Joon and Thunder one by one to the room the two of them usually used when these two came to hang out at the dorm and put them on the futon, tucking them in.
    Tired, Mir flopped down on the couch. It was so peaceful now, he didn't even bother himself with the sound of police siren down the building and not too long later, ruckus at the front of his door as two officers barged into the house.
    Mir leaned back on the sofa and closed his eyes, feeling strange sensation of peace inside him despite knowing a gun was aimed on his head while the other officer had went into each room, finding his sleeping hyungs.
    "There is four here. All dead." The distant sound from the room could be heard.
    "! Call for back-up." Answered the one holding the gun to Mir's head.
    "Shh... Be quiet. They are just sleeping."