The Magnet Wife

Slice Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No Ji Wook was silently fulminating against the whole word since one hour .One hour and it was already the third person who was calling his wife on this Sunday morning. He knew that this call wasn't going to be the last of the day. Many calls were going to come, it was only the beginning. He was sitting on his ottoman sofa, finishing some reports on his computer and grind his teeth despite himself when Bong Hee's phone rang again some minutes later after her third call, the fourth one this time. Who it was going to be ? Again a new friend? One of her clients ? Her colleague of the Taikwando Center ? Does he again have to share his wife attention on this sacred Sunday with the whole world ?

She gave him an apologetic smile and took the call.

"Sorry" that's what her eyes were silently telling him to each ringing. And at each ringing, he could only give her a sincere smile in return. What right he had to be pissed off  ?

It wasn't Bong Hee's fault after all. Besides those persons were the one to be present for her when he could barely be by her side recently because of his work.

Ji Wook sometimes wondered if Bong Hee was aware of her charisma. But it seems that most of the time his wife was totally unaware. She was totally unaware of how she was a sort of natural magnet and how most of the person were immediately attracted to her bright smile and her bubbly personality. She didn't seem to notice that she was always surrounded especially since she has been cleared definitively of the murder charge and she started to become a confident lawyer. She was loved by her friend, cherished by her omma, coddle by Mr Band and Eun Hyuk. Ji Hae and Yoo Jung too were constantly dragging her away to drink or to do some shopping. If someone told him that one day his wife and his ex-girlfriend will become kind of besties, he would have never believed it, but that what's happened ... Life was really strange.

Mr Byun was also a name in the list of Bong Hee's "fans". Ji Wook knew that even if Mr Byun was never going to admit it this last one also enjoyed the company of his wife. This fact became even more obvious when Bong Hee had to be absent during one week for a special law symposium she wanted to attend. The old man couldn't stop asking when she was going to come back. He couldn't stop complaining because she didn't invite the rest of the law firm to join her. Ji Wook could swear that he heard his stepfather mumble that he was bored because he couldn't "bother Mrs Lack Of Evidence" and he saw him pout like a little kid who was deprive to play with his friends. 

Not counting the clients of the firm ... Recently Bong Hee became friends with most of them after winning their case. Most of them call her to see ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter