one

A whole new world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun is quite tricky, it basically enables life on this planet called Earth, and yet people usually despise it. And so, even though Yebin could manage her time how ever she wanted to, the sun did not play a role of her ally. She got awoken by the sun every morning, which made her grumpy and quite nervous. She was not much of a morning person, and the sunlight making its way to her eyes through her eyelids never made her happy.

" Another beautiful day we have here. "

Yebin said as she was trying to stand up from her huge, posh looking bed, stumbling in the direction of the closest food. She was victim of food shortage, thus she only had eggs as a breakfast everyday. She raised chickens in the flat of her former neighbors, she had a whole chicken farm built up there.

" Lets make some omelette. "

She said, and smiled at the picture of her friend Eunwoo, who was long gone. She only had the picture to keep her company during her lonely days. 

" See Eunwoo yah, this is how you cook! You used to be so terrible at cooking...I bet watching me everyday made you improve a little bit. "

Yebin smiled at the picture of Eunwoo once again, placing the omelette on a plate, decorating it with ketchup and oregano.

" Have a good meal my friend. "

Yebin ate the omelette all at once, and started her daily routine. She went to the next door flat to feed her chickens, then she worked out a bit in the empty gym on the 45th floor and came back to her apartment to play some computer games.

To make her day a little bit more interesting, she decided to go out for a little walk and observe the empty world.

The streets looked as if the people from them disappeared seconds ago, but the truth was that they have been gone for a very long time. Yebin was the only person on the planet Earth, the only one to enjoy all of the things the planet offered.

She got tired of breaking into peoples houses and driving luxurious cars. Even the presidential apartment she occupied did not look as majestic to her anymore. Being the only person in an empty world is fun, but the loneliness is something you cant just erase. It is lurking in the shadows and it gets to you when you are the least prepared.

When Yebin first found out about the people disappearing, she felt an extreme joy. She was a little bit of an individualist, not being fond of other peoples presence. However, after some time, she started missing her parents and her friend Eunwoo.

A human is a social creature, and being alone is out of the question. Yes, Yebin had her chickens and computer games but that was not enough to decrease her deficit of social contact.

" God, if Eunwoo was the last person on earth, I am sure she would just make friends out of manequines. "

Yebin said to no one, as she was passing the huge shopping mall close to the skyscraper she lived in.

She stopped, and took a better look at the shopping center Eunwoo used to love so much. It was quite huge, modern and luxurious which made Yebin wonder why she never went there after finding out she was all alone.

It was the time for a change and Yebin has decided to go inside, take some mannequins and make her own family out of them. Maybe she could make herself a girlfriend as well.

She chuckled at the thought and entered the shopping center.

As soon as she stepped in, the lights switched on and filled the whole building with a white artificial light that hurted Yebins eyes. The  shoping centre looked really clean and well organized, just as she remembered it to be.

Eunwoos favorite store was on the 3rd floor, and that was the place Yebin decided to take the mannequins from. As she was walking up on the escalator, she realized that it was better with people not being there. She was lonely, yes, but she got used to the silence. She hated going to the shopping center when people were still there because of the steady murmur that kept constantly entering her ears.

Silence was deafening sometimes when there was too much of it, but Yebin was a natural loner.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter