A Big Misunderstanding ❤️!

Friendship 👭 or Love ❤️?

Alissa McCarthy gazed across at her crush, Charles Quentin who sat opposite her on the right side of the class by the windows. She felt her heart pound as he turned towards her direction and caught her eye with a dazzling smile. Beaming brightly, she doodled a love-shape onto her worksheet and drew them both holding hands.

"Ahem! Miss McCarthy!" A voice suddenly boomed from above her as she shaded in the heart with her pencil.

Nervously, Alissa glanced upwards and saw Ms Woods firm and cross face glaring at her. Rubbing off her drawing, she apologised and tried her best to focus on the lesson but her eyes hopelessly wandered over to Charles. Blooming with love, she stared at him with a pleased look but she stopped smiling as she caught her best friend, Kate Nicole blowing him a sweet kiss. Reacting marvellously, he returned the kiss and winked at her charmingly whilst taking his eraser from his pencilcase. Jotting down her assignment, she managed to finish it at the last minute but her handwriting was a mess. 

As the bell rang and they went to swap classes, Kate dashed to Alissa's side and whispered in her ear,

"I caught you love-sick in class!" She smirked with a glimmer in her eye, Alissa stiffened up and crossed her fingers that she hadn't noticed who it was, "Were you staring at Jacques? You like him, don't you??" 
Surprised, Alissa remembered that Jacques sat one seat in front of Charles so it was easy to mistake who she had been looking at. 

"Um, no! I was just staring at the wonderful, summer day outside. Its so.. um.. sunny! Right?" Alissa stammered with a fake, cheesy grin trying not to peer into her misty blue eys, I continued to march forwards and tightly clenched my fists.

Narrowing her eye with disbelief, Kate shrugged and patted me on the shoulder with a smug expression.

"You don't need to keep a secret from me, Alissa. I'm your BFF!" Kate snorted and she turned left to her other class.

"Wait.. what??" Alissa exclaimed and she heard a stifle of laughter as she stepped into her History class.

Shaking her head, she pulled a chair to sit at the very back row where no one could see her. All of a sudden, Charles, who was in her History class as well, settled down into the seat next to her plopping his books onto the wooden desk. Speechless, Alissa glanced at him anticipating that she wouldn't make a fool of herself sitting next to her crush. Unaware of the love-sick gaze that she gave him, he motioned to his friend, Oliver to borrow a sharpener. Oliver, who reached over to him, noticed the scribble in my book and gasped. Anxiously, I drew a book right over the little stick-man (that was supposed to be Charles) and sighed with frustration. Carefully rubbing out the drawing, I heard talk about World War 1 and I was just about to fall asleep from bore. All of a sudden, Mr Trent started talking