Ravi

Whisper

It was clear - strange little alley made of concrete and old buildings. No one went into this zone anymore since it had been cleared out. Though, no one ever mentioned why it had been cleared out in the first place.

Bugs? Chemicals? Nah. Too drastic.

Still, he looks around as he opens his trunk and sets up his stuff - black record player. The lid was lined with red velvet, of course. He was a Red after all. Pretty popular, too. A lot of the undergound rappers even wanted him to join their teams, though he wasn't interested. He loved to rap, he just didn't...want to?

It was complicated.

He pulls out a paper sheath and blocks the view of his trunk with his body, nervous as the record slides out and into his hand. A rush of adrenaline hits him when the light blue color of the vinyl touches his skin, and he grasps the edge lightly as he pulls it out.

Blue music. He managed to smuggle some when he found it in the library - Blue side. He'll never tell anyone how he managed to sneak in without being noticed.

The first time the University ever became co-colored, and he's already breaking the rules. They were basically law.

He sets up the player and sets the blue record in the center, placing the needle on the edge and setting the speed. Would his player work? He honestly didn't know. He doesn't think anyone's tried to use a red player for a blue record.

Then, a few notes come out, and he freezes in place. He turns the volume down and looks around again as instruments play in measure. The name of the composition was unknown, and the composer, but this was...Classical? Instrumentals without any vocals - that was Classical. 

He smiles and leans against the trunk. Violin. Viola. Cello. It was beautiful. He learned piano when he was younger, though it quickly became an electronic keyboard when he was old enough to continue in school. This, though - this was better. This was real.

The songs ends, and he wants to play it again, but he checks the time and it surprised when ten minutes have passed - Damn! Who knew they lasted so long? He quickly packs it away and tucks the blue record under a few red ones he had stored in his trunk, slams it shut, and drives away.

He wasn't a criminal by law, but, technically, he was. 

His father greets him as he comes home, but he waves, climbs the stairs, and sits in his room. His headphones are red as he puts them in his ears and instantly blares his favorite artist. No matter what, he keeps thinking about the record in the trunk of his car. How many people get near his car? Go through his records? It was too easy to find. He'd get caught.

No, he tells himself, and he shakes his head lightly, he wouldn't. Not like this. Keeping a record? Not his first time. Keeping a Blue record hidden would be easy. Who else even goes into his trunk? No one he knows.

He changes the song and lets his head tilt back, mouthing the words, but then he pauses it and takes the headphones out, looking at his window.

He wants more.