I think I'll go CRAZY

Palette of Yellow and Grey

Saturday morning. Local library.

Taehyung liked quiet places, and the local library is one of them. Although it isn't completely quiet- book pages flipping, chairs groaning, wheels of the book cart rolling- he could still focus on his task.

"We'll have a short review on the dynasties and the early kingdoms that made up Korea so I hope you bring research materials next Monday. Class dismissed."

Taehyung would've chosen to do the easy way: searching through the internet and printing the research material he found online. But he just came from Jeongguk's apartment near the subway line. Jeongguk requested they play Overwatch early in the morning, but in the middle of their tenth round of gaming, Jeongguk's parents called and said they were going to pay their son a visit. Taehyung asked if Jeongguk needed help in tidying the place a bit and the younger one kindly declined the offer.

It was a perfect chance to pay the local library a visit since it was along his path to the subway station. And he was feeling industrious to study early in the morning of a Saturday. Taehyung was weird like that- opting to refer to libraries instead of the freaking internet.

He was looking for the perfect history book until he came across one that he thought would help him. Legends and History of Korea. He locates the table of contents, and finally flips through the book. A space at the last page of the book where a CD disc was supposed to be attached was found blank. Taehyung supposes the CD disc would be at the AV Collection Aisle, so he proceeded to the aisle with the book in hand.

He didn't expect to find the CD disc easily. The title of the book he held was plastered on the front of the CD case.

In other news, he didn't expect to see such a beautiful angel early in the morning, standing at the other side of the shelf he was facing.

Angelic Jeongyeon

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Really, she looked like an angel- one wouldn't be able to tell she works as a history teacher for a living.

His eyes widened, whole body jerking back in the slightest manner. The history teacher spotted him quicker than he thought though.

"Oh, Taehyung?"

"Uh, good morning Miss Yoo," he greeted politely.

"I'm surprised to see you here," Miss Yoo said as she took off her earphones. "Good morning. What're you doing here? Spending a peaceful morning in the library?"

"Erm, yes. I was just... researching something."

"How studious," she noted aloud with a teasing smile before leaning forward on the shelf. Taehyung couldn't describe the little feeling he was feeling right now while her eyes stared right on to his. He averted his eyes from hers to the book he was holding, mentally admitting that he couldn't hold eye contact with her for too long than he thought.

She was just too... beautiful.

"Are you alone right now? I still have some time for coffee, and spending free time with my student seems like a good opportunity to take, don't you think? A quality time with my long-time student?"

I'll gladly spend my time with you, Jeongyeon. "Uh, ha, well sure. I still have time for a drink, if that doesn't bother you."

"Of course not," Miss Yoo said as she smiled. "Let me just sign off a book. Do you have anything to borrow from here?"

Taehyung nodded. With that, both of them went to the front counter. Apparently, Miss Yoo was borrowing some reference books for her fellow teacher, Miss Nini, who was currently sick. Taehyung took some time to borrow because of the CD disc. Miss Yoo made a comment about how loyal he was to her subject, and Taehyung just had to smile it off because he was embarrassed inside. Does she find it creepy for him to give her snacks after history period, or how he noitceably works harder on her subject? Hopefully not. In the end, they left the local library with what they needed.

One of the things that Taehyung found fascinating about Yoo Jeongyeon, was the way Miss Yoo connected with her students. She treats them like her peers at times, but she doesn't forget that she's one of the authority figures- basically, a teacher. She makes sure her students know that; to gain respect and receive the treatment a student should be giving to his or her teacher.

Walking side by side, she made a loud sigh. "Standing beside you just reminds me of how short I am."

Taehyung snickered. "You're taller than the average height most girls have, miss."

"I remember when you were little, you were already just..." she levelled a hand at a spot on her forehead and emphasised her point with a little movement of her hand. "This tall. You were just a few inches shorter than me that summer." She then shakes her head.

"Times flies fast when you're not paying attention to it, you know?"

Sure does, Taehyung thought, glancing at Miss Yoo at the corner of his eyes.

"Did you already have breakfast by the way?"

"Just a light snack." Jeongguk had offered green onion pancakes to him once Taehyung arrived at the apartment. Taehyung only ate one before proceeding to play Overwatch with the younger one.

Green Onion Pancakes

 

"I change my mind on coffee. Uhm, noodles; does that sound good to you?"

"I'm fine with it, miss."

They ended up going to a convenient store, choosing some food to fill their stomachs in. As they ate breakfast, Miss Yoo started talking about her agenda for the day; probably a habit she developed from the way she starts her class. She made a little complaint of how demanding Miss Nini was, and Taehyung only snickered at the truthful statement. Miss Nini was the Foreign Language teacher who usually gives the students trick questions, and burns her students- figuratively anyway. But Miss Yoo's agenda didn't consist of only going to Miss Nini's house afterwards and handing her the reference books she borrowed. She mentioned going to the laundromat next to the convenient store they're in, feeding her cats, ironing some clothes, watching recently-released k-dramas- and Taehyung doesn't cut her off.

He didn't mind. He could listen to her all day.

He imagined her doing domestic things often- a fact that nobody needed to know. He imagined being in a relationship with her, imagined living with her, imagined doing domestic stuff with her, imagined doing daring things to her that would probably destroy what they have right now if she heard this from him.

It's weird. It's creepy.

But nobody knew about it.

Nobody has to know.

He kept these secret thoughts to himself. And just imagining different scenarios about her made him smile. It was enough.

(That's what he thought.)

Unfortunately, in the middle of the smooth conversation they were having, Taehyung's phone vibrated. Loud.

Miss Yoo stopped talking and looked at Taehyung expectantly.

"Was that your phone?"

"Yes." He takes out his phone and smiled sheepishly at the woman.

"Let me take this, please?"

"Go ahead," Miss Yoo said before proceeding to down her food with faint slurps.

Once his back was turned to Miss Yoo, he frowned slightly as he gazed at the ID caller.

Unbelievable.

Calling him was his younger, immature sister, Kim Sookyung. The last time he saw her was just a week ago, in her gymnastics studio, smiling at him as if she didn't waste his time nagging him about paying their parents a visit together then backing out for a 'little training'.

Kim Sookyung

 

He answered shortly.

"What do you want?"

"Taehyung, I need your help." The lack of respectful honorifics didn't bother him. It was the urgent tone his younger sister used, as well as the use of his name that sounded weird when Sookyung says it. They were used to funny nicknames. "You're the only one I can rely on."

"Uh, explain?"

"My friend's having some issues right now. I told her to go to your apartment so she can stay-"

"Wait, my apartment? Sookyung, what did you do exactly?"

"Let me finish." Annoyance. "The thing is, she can't stay at her parents' house right now, and she needs my help. Obviously, I can't let her stay at our house. Then I thought since you lived in your apartment alone, you would go along with this."

"Sookyung, just because I have an apartment all to myself, that doesn't mean you can tell someone to crash at my place." He grits his teeth. "Don't you have other friends to help her out?"

"No, she's a complicated person- and you can't refuse," Sookyung argued stubbornly. "I owe her big time and I want to be a helpful friend to her. Please, Tae-Tae?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "I'm kind of in the middle of something important by the way." He hoped Miss Yoo wasn't overhearing whatever he was saying.

"Well that makes two of us. I have to end this call soon. And my friend's probably at your apartment building right now. Tae-Tae, I gotta go. I swear I owe you one. Love you!" And abruptly, she ended the call.

Taehyung's forehead crinkled in annoyance before in a breath and making an apologetic face. He turned around, mentally cursing his sister for interrupting the moment he was previously enjoying. Miss Yoo seemed to get the picture just with his facial expression.

"Gotta go?"

"Yes, Miss Yoo. I'm really sorry." Taehyung gathered his finished disposable ramen bowl and chopsticks, then discarded them at a nearby trash bin. He looks back at Miss Yoo, who was waving at him.

"Be careful on your way. See you on Monday!"

At that moment, Taehyung hoped he didn't regret not pulling the older brother card on Sookyung.


FUNZIESCouldn't resist a funny gif, and I'm showing the cover I made. I'm still adjusting to this website. But I do hope you enjoy reading this.

Thank you! 11/14/17

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Book Cover