Turn the Lights On

Déjà Vu

Hyungwon loves all the attention he gets in his line of work. All the men and women just clinging to him, desperate for more each time… It’s enough to give anyone a power-trip, but, for Hyungwon, it’s his favorite type of drug.

His absolute favorites, though, aren’t any of the usual customers. They’re two of his coworkers, both quite different form him in physique and character. One is a co-owner of the club Déjà Vu, and the other nothing more than a bartender… but both so deliciously addicting he couldn’t help but fall so hard for them.

Maybe that’s why he finds himself here, now, in a hospital. His own lack of self-control.

 

Hyungwon slinks into the upstairs office with a loose smirk, sighting Kihyun leaned forward over the scattered papers littering his desk. A focused pout contorts his beautiful features as he reads through whatever documents are in his possession, and Hyungwon can’t deny the swelling of his heart at the scene.

Kihyun glances up, as if feeling the younger’s gaze, and straightens up a bit.

“Wonnie~” he greets, an easy smile overtaking his face. “What’re you doing skulking around? Shouldn’t you be downstairs?” Hyungwon chuckles under his breath, and moves closer to the older man. He perches himself on the edge of the desk, throwing a fishnet-covered leg over his knee casually.

“I thought you might like to join me tonight,” Hyungwon offers, earning a raised brow of surprise from the other. “We both know how much the civilians love seeing us together, especially in outfits like these.” Kihyun’s eyes glance over Hyungwon’s form, giving him a once-over. He can’t help but laugh as he realizes Minhyuk must have taken over costuming for the night, as Hoseok wouldn’t have gone for such a look for tonight’s theme.

“I can’t,” Kihyun tells him, returning his attention to his work as if that resolves the matter. Hyungwon pouts, and gets up from his seat only to move behind Kihyun and hug him round his neck.

“Come on, hyung~” the younger says sweetly. “It’s been forever since we’ve danced together… I miss you.” Hyungwon kisses at the older’s neck, silently begging him to join him tonight. Kihyun releases a careful breath at the familiar feeling of the younger’s full lips pressing against his skin, and has to ignore how his heartrate picks up ever so slightly at the sensation.

“Sorry, Wonnie,” Kihyun replies, causing his dongsaeng to frown as he pulls away. “I’ve got to start on all these permits tonight. Otherwise, you won’t have a stage to dance on by next month.” Hyungwon sighs loudly, hoping to vocalize his disappointment as much as possible.

Fiiine,” he relents. He purses his lips as he begins to walk away, but Kihyun’s hand grasping his stops him. He glances down, his heart melting at the apologetic light in the older’s eyes. He curls his finger’s around the pudgy ones gripping his palm, and merely gives a small nod before dropping the hold. Kihyun watches him as he goes, a fond smile on his lips.

Once the younger is fully out of the room, the expression falls and is replaced by utter despair. He glances back down at the papers before him, shuffling them around until he finds the primary matter at hand…

Red letters speaking of foreclosure glare up at him from the black and white notice. It’s their third warning of such a fate. Kihyun sighs heavily as he crumples it up in some silent form of rebellion, and he tosses it over his shoulder haphazardly. He looks over to the door Hyungwon had gone through, his heart falling down to the basement at the thought of losing this club, of having to close down. It wouldn’t only mean the loss of his own job, but the livelihood of his friends and boyfriends.

He can’t let that happen. He just can’t.

With a determined frown, he picks up his phone and dials the backstage extension.

“Ahhhh, I knew you’d change your mind~! I already have your outfit ready for you.” Kihyun raises a brow at Minhyuk’s slurred tone, and has to fight back a sigh of exasperation.

“I didn’t change my mind, Minhyuk-ah,” Kihyun tells him matter-of-factly. “I need you to let Hoseok get back to his job so you can come up here. We need to talk.” There’s a pause on the other end, and Kihyun wonders if he has to repeat himself.

“Sounds serious,” is all Minhyuk says, sounding much more sober suddenly. “Hoseok left an hour ago with Kyunnie… Something about a date, or whatever. I’ll put Jooheonney on point when he comes back and be up as soon as I can.” Kihyun hums and hangs up, sighing a heavy sigh as he rests his head in his hands to try and clear his mind.

 

Hyungwon pants heavily as he steps off the stage and returns to the flurry behind the curtain. Smoke follows him in tendrils from his routine, and sweat drips from his hair. He grabs blindly for any sort of hydration, and downs whatever he finds first. His eyes blaze open as it’s a double-shot of tequila he’s just emptied, but, luckily, he’s done this so many times throughout the years that it doesn’t make him choke anymore.

He glances around for the source of the drinks, and can’t help but give a small grin at seeing Jooheon. The bartender looks a bit bored, his chine resting in his hand as he watches the backstage activities. Hyungwon glides over, and doesn’t even hesitate before straddling the younger’s lap. Jooheon sits back a little in surprise, the tips of his ears blazing red instantly against his bleached-white hair. Hyungwon clasps his hands against the back of Jooheon’s neck, and leans in for a sweet kiss.

“What’re you doing back here, Heonney?” he asks as he pulls away a little. “I didn’t think you were on the schedule for tonight…”

“Minhyuk-hyung roped me into keeping watch back here since Hoseok-hyung ran off with Kkungie earlier,” Jooheon grumbles, poking out his lower lip in a pout. His hands come to naturally rest on Hyungwon’s hips, his fingers drumming against the smooth leather shorts his boyfriend is wearing. Hyungwon frowns at this, cocking his head to the side.

“Why’d Minhyuk-hyung need you to watch the back?” he prods. “He didn’t seem sick or anything when I saw him earlier… If he skipped out for no reason again, Kihyunnie-hyung is gonna have his head.” He snickers at this, humming at the thought. He most certainly doesn’t want to miss that.

“No, he said he had to talk to Kihyunnie-hyung about something.”

“Oh,” Hyungwon mutters, frowning confusedly. “I was just up there before I went on… He didn’t mention anything to me.” Jooheon merely shrugs, at a loss as to what he could tell the older. He tries for a consoling smile, though, knowing how much he hates being left in the dark, and rubs small circles against Hyungwon’s hips. The older halfheartedly returns the expression, and leans in to hug the man before dismounting his perch.

“I’ve gotta go clean up and get dressed for my next routine,” Hyungwon explains. He rests a single, gentle hand atop Jooheon’s head for a moment, carding his fingers through those familiar locks before walking away to do just that. Jooheon shoots him a tiny-eyed, dimpled smile, and Hyungwon can’t help but laugh under his breath as he walks away.